Ping Tweed

Old February 29th 12, 01:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lisa Katt[_2_]

Default Ping Tweed

"Christina Websell" skrev i meddelandet

"Lisa Katt" wrote in message

Oh Christina, you live in a house without central heating, and your cat
has an electric blanket while you haven't?
In the competition of "Who is spoiling their cats most" I never imagined
that YOU would win first price.
Elisabet

You didn't? Why is that? ;-)
If he is fast asleep in my chair, I sit somewhere else because he looks so
comfortable I don't like to disturb him. He is allowed so much lap time
that I don't get half my work done and I only put the sucky monster on
when he is out because he doesn't like it.
He is extremely indulged in every way except being a diva over food, he
is allowed a few dislikes of course but no way am I getting into the
Tigger situation my brother is in.
Boyfie will thank me one day as I will know when he is ill, and when/if he
is, there are all those very high quality super-premium foods to tempt him
with.
It is not a sign of love to feed your cat the very best food as a matter
of course. What's in your armoury then, if they are ill and off their
food? Nothing.

Tweed

Boyfie is a sweet cat. A real gentlecat. He deserves the best.
But still - he has an electric blanket and you have not!
Elisabet

Old March 1st 12, 02:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Lisa Katt" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" skrev i
meddelandet ...

"Lisa Katt" wrote in message

[...]

My electric blanket stopped working some time ago but it doesn't really
matter. I have a 15 tog duvet and a wheat bag (put this in the microwave
for 2 mins each side, better than a hot water bottle as it doesn't go so
cold you have to throw it out of bed)
I have never lived in a house with central heating so I am used to being a
bit cold during the winter.

Old March 1st 12, 08:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

"Christina Websell" wrote:
"Lisa Katt" wrote in message

My electric blanket stopped working some time ago but it doesn't really
matter. I have a 15 tog duvet and a wheat bag (put this in the microwave
for 2 mins each side, better than a hot water bottle as it doesn't go so
cold you have to throw it out of bed)
I have never lived in a house with central heating so I am used to being a
bit cold during the winter.

A 15 tog duvet would cook me, I have a 4.5 tog for the winter and sleep
with the window open. During summer I just use a duvet cover.

--
Adrian
Old March 1st 12, 09:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote:
"Lisa Katt" wrote in message

My electric blanket stopped working some time ago but it doesn't really
matter. I have a 15 tog duvet and a wheat bag (put this in the microwave
for 2 mins each side, better than a hot water bottle as it doesn't go so
cold you have to throw it out of bed)
I have never lived in a house with central heating so I am used to being
bit cold during the winter.

A 15 tog duvet would cook me, I have a 4.5 tog for the winter and sleep
with the window open. During summer I just use a duvet cover.

--
Adrian

Blimey! You're a hard man, Adrian - you don't walk down the street in the
snow with a tee-shirt and no coat on, do you? ;-)

Tweed

Old March 2nd 12, 12:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

"Christina Websell" wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message

Blimey! You're a hard man, Adrian - you don't walk down the street in the
snow with a tee-shirt and no coat on, do you? ;-)

Tweed

When I was 17, I lived across a field from where my aunt lives. One day,
when there was about a foot of snow, I walked across to her wearing just a
pair of shorts. The look on her face was priceless. It seems as I get older
I find heat more difficult to cope with.
--
Adrian
Old March 2nd 12, 01:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Adrian" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message

Blimey! You're a hard man, Adrian - you don't walk down the street in
the
snow with a tee-shirt and no coat on, do you? ;-)

Tweed

When I was 17, I lived across a field from where my aunt lives. One day,
when there was about a foot of snow, I walked across to her wearing just a
pair of shorts. The look on her face was priceless. It seems as I get
older
I find heat more difficult to cope with.
--
Adrian

It's interesting that it works that way for some. Many people find it's
cold that's the problem as they get older. My grandmother, and my
mother-in-law, used to keep their homes uncomfortably war, as far as I was
concerned. OTOH, my mother went to the extreme of moving from California to
Alaska when she was 80. Getting away from hot summers wasn't her only
reason, but it was one of them. I don't really know which extreme bothers
me more. I think it's heat, especially combined with humidity, because
there are usually more ways to get warm than to get cool.

Joy

Old March 2nd 12, 02:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message

Blimey! You're a hard man, Adrian - you don't walk down the street in
the
snow with a tee-shirt and no coat on, do you? ;-)

Tweed

When I was 17, I lived across a field from where my aunt lives. One day,
when there was about a foot of snow, I walked across to her wearing just a
pair of shorts. The look on her face was priceless. It seems as I get
older
I find heat more difficult to cope with.
--

I claim my £5 - you are a Geordie.

When it is 3c upstairs, a 15 tog duvet keeps me comfortable.
Tweed

Old March 2nd 12, 02:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Joy" wrote in message
"Adrian" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message

[...]

It's unlikely I will ever have to cope with excess heat, although we once
had 30C here, however as my house faces west/east I didn't notice it.

Old March 2nd 12, 02:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Adrian" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message

Blimey! You're a hard man, Adrian - you don't walk down the street in
the
snow with a tee-shirt and no coat on, do you? ;-)

Tweed

When I was 17, I lived across a field from where my aunt lives. One day,
when there was about a foot of snow, I walked across to her wearing just
pair of shorts. The look on her face was priceless. It seems as I get
older
I find heat more difficult to cope with.
--

I claim my £5 - you are a Geordie.

When it is 3c upstairs, a 15 tog duvet keeps me comfortable.
Tweed

Okay, I just have to ask. What does tog stand for? Combined with the
number, it apparently relates to warmth, but I'm completely unfamiliar with
the term.

Joy

Ping: Tweed Mishi[_2_] Cat anecdotes 1 December 15th 11 01:10 AM
OT - Ping Tweed CatNipped[_4_] Cat anecdotes 1 September 19th 11 09:18 PM
PING Tweed Pat[_2_] Cat anecdotes 2 September 4th 08 10:08 PM
Ping Tweed CatNipped Cat anecdotes 73 April 30th 05 12:15 AM