Next week (OT)

Old March 8th 12, 06:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

Default Next week (OT)

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
I have been reading, mostly with my jaw on the floor. I think you are a
much better person than I am, but then I believe I'm bigger and meaner
than you are. I figure I have a cane for a reason, and if someone wants
to find out why, I'm more than happy to show them.

g I don't think I'm a better person than you are, Annie, but I've been
used to having to make considered decisions about how to get the outcome I
want by following the law to the letter. So, however tempting it is to fly
off the handle, I know that we still might end up in court over the wall
issue and I want to be seen to have behaved reasonably and impeccably as
against their attempted blackmail and childish actions.

Well stated. I think it would be a good idea to keep a close eye on the
kerb while the concrete is still soft. I would not put it past your
neighbors to try to damage it.

MaryL

It is so intentional even the other neighbours have noticed.

That's the other reason my jaw drops. I get being snots (don't agree, but
some people seem to think it's acceptable behaviour), but being so
*obvious* about it! Are they unaware of 'witnesses'? Nevermind...

Having witnesses is one thing, but having witnesses who are prepared to
support you in court is quite another.

Work started at 8.15 this morning. Already the grass verge and pavement
have been dug up and disposed of, the lowered kerbs are in and the hardcore
in place ready for the new tarmac to be laid tomorrow.
I cannot use it yet, because the concrete under the new kerbs is still soft,
but already my nasty neighbours are parking in front of their own house
instead of mine.
Softly, softly, catchee monkey ;-)

Tweed

Old March 8th 12, 06:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MLB" wrote in message
It should have started on Tuesday but we could not hire a digger until
Thursday.
When I watched my neighbours deliberately block me in today, I thought
"make
the most of it.."
I realise that this might be boring to a lot of you, but I have
practically
been kept a prisoner in my house for months by this and hopefully by
Saturday it will the end of it.

I could never make plans to go out as I never knew when any of their five
cars would be here (not using the kerb space outside their own house, but
blocking me)
It is so intentional even the other neighbours have noticed.

Tweed

I hope you or a friend has taken pictures -- in case they are ever
needed. Good wishes. MLB

That will be done if they continue, but I don't think they will.
I do have pictures of the wall, though.
Don't forget this parking business was caused by their wish to "persuade" me
to allow them to make their vehicular access wider by taking some of my
garden.
They must think I came down in the last shower of rain.

Tweed

Old March 8th 12, 06:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message

I could never make plans to go out as I never knew when any of their five
cars would be here (not using the kerb space outside their own house, but
blocking me)
It is so intentional even the other neighbours have noticed.

Tweed

I'd love to see a picture of one of their cars being moved with the
digger.
;-)

Wouldn't that have been absolutely luvleh! Word must have got out as there
were no cars in front of my house by 7.30 a.m, not only that but the estate
car that usually arrives at 10.30 to block me in, when the wife goes to
work, very strangely, didn't.
Only two cars are there now, and parked very properly in front of their
*own* house.

Tweed

Old March 8th 12, 06:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

On 03/08/2012 11:34 AM, Christina Websell wrote:
wrote in message

I could never make plans to go out as I never knew when any of their five
cars would be here (not using the kerb space outside their own house, but
blocking me)
It is so intentional even the other neighbours have noticed.

Tweed

I'd love to see a picture of one of their cars being moved with the
digger.
;-)

Wouldn't that have been absolutely luvleh! Word must have got out as there
were no cars in front of my house by 7.30 a.m, not only that but the estate
car that usually arrives at 10.30 to block me in, when the wife goes to
work, very strangely, didn't.
Only two cars are there now, and parked very properly in front of their
*own* house.

Tweed

The city/county (or whatever you call them) must have given them notice (hope so).

I wonder what their next move will be? Perhaps they will try to be your
"friend". My mother used to say she would like to be a little mouse
who could watch what was going on -- or a fly on the wall
How is your little Boyfriemd handling the activity? Best wishes. MLB

Old March 8th 12, 06:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"JJ" wrote in message ...
"Christina Websell" wrote in message
It should have started on Tuesday but we could not hire a digger until
Thursday.
When I watched my neighbours deliberately block me in today, I thought
"make the most of it.."
I realise that this might be boring to a lot of you, but I have
practically been kept a prisoner in my house for months by this and
hopefully by Saturday it will the end of it.

I could never make plans to go out as I never knew when any of their five
cars would be here (not using the kerb space outside their own house, but
blocking me)
It is so intentional even the other neighbours have noticed.

Tweed

Can't speak for England, but here in the US someone victimized like you
would have photographed and videod their card blocking your access on
numerous occasions, with dates set on the camera, and then would have
called in the local TV news department. Once the news people broadcast
this, the local outrage would have been thus that these people would have
been ashamed to show their faces in the local supermarket. People
identify with the victims of such travesty because they figure that if
your neighbor gets away with it today, THEIR neighbor will get away with
it tomorrow.

At this point, this is when the police usually step in in order not to be
accused of ignoring crimes in their precinct.

I am not the sort of person that would want to appear on the television.
I think that what I am doing will cure the parking problem, and if not it is
now illegal for them to block my drop kerb so I can get the police involved
if that happens.
It was beginning to feel like a crime to deliberately stop me from getting
my car out, sort of like false imprisonment, made worse by my
fractured/dislocated shoulder last March (unable to drive for months) and
then my dislocated/fractured ankle in October which also meant I could not
drive for ages. I was stir crazy by all that and the very idea that I was
prevented from getting my car out by some sort of s**t neighbours when I
could drive again drove me wild. I'm surprised I didn't kill them, tbh.
But best not to, eh? ;-)
I will see if the new drop kerb works, it's only partly completed but seems
to be working already.
Next will be the wall war :-(

Tweed

Old March 8th 12, 07:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MaryL" wrote in message

[...]

I don't think they would go as far as that. They just thought they could
take advantage of me but in case they should entertain that idea, I have
parked Mr F on the road, right in the middle of my new drop kerb to protect
it so no way can their cars access it.
If they come out in the middle of the night with pickaxes, I am beaten ;-)

Tweed

Old March 8th 12, 07:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message

[...]

That will never happen

How is your little Boyfriemd handling the activity?

It has not disturbed his world. He rarely goes out "on the front" where it
is all going on and he didn't do so today.
He's like me. We like a quiet life.

Tweed

Old March 8th 12, 07:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Christina Websell wrote:
It should have started on Tuesday but we could not hire a digger until
Thursday.
When I watched my neighbours deliberately block me in today, I thought "make
the most of it.."
I realise that this might be boring to a lot of you, but I have practically
been kept a prisoner in my house for months by this and hopefully by
Saturday it will the end of it.

I could never make plans to go out as I never knew when any of their five
cars would be here (not using the kerb space outside their own house, but
blocking me)
It is so intentional even the other neighbours have noticed.

Tweed

Of course, I'm a city gal, but anywhere I've ever lived, if someone's
car (neighbor or not) were blocking access to a driveway (even their
own) one could always have the police come and cite them for illegal
parking. I realize different countries have different laws, and if you
had plans to go out and they were blocking you, it might take the police
a while to arrive and issue the citation (and tow the vehicle away, if
it were blocking your access to the street) but I should think repeated
fines (not to mention tow-aways) would discourage the anti-social behaviour!

Old March 8th 12, 07:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

On 03/08/2012 11:26 AM, MaryL wrote:

[...]

MaryL is right abnout the possibility of vandalism -- at least that is
what would probably happen over here. We experioence lots of vandalism
of all kinds -- kids who have nothing better to do than look for
trouble. In your quiet neighborhood, you probably (hopefully) will be
spared. MLB
Old March 8th 12, 07:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

Strictly speaking, most of the drop kerb I had was intended to be shared,
between us, and it worked very well for years with my previous neighbours.
However, only a bit of it was on my property and we have come to the
situation we have.
I think I have them beaten, my new drop kerb is only half-installed and
already they have backed off, because they are aware that if they block me
in now I could ask the police to give them a fine.
I will never forgive them for making me spend my savings on this before my
pension kicks in.
However I believe in Karma.
They seem to have to spend loads of money on their property, just yesterday
there was a van there to jet their drains. I like the idea of sh*t backing
up into their house for a day or so.
Tweed