Why?

Old October 16th 13, 05:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Why?

Boyfie pooed in the bath again, despite having a litterbox a few feet away.
It's easily cleaned up but why won't he use the litterbox when he is
desperate?
He just won't use the lb
Tweed

Old October 16th 13, 05:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 10/16/2013 12:00 AM, Christina Websell wrote:
Boyfie pooed in the bath again, despite having a litterbox a few feet away.
It's easily cleaned up but why won't he use the litterbox when he is
desperate?
He just won't use the lb
Tweed

I wish I had an answer for you. Seems like you've tried everything.
I'm sorry I have no suggestions.

Jill
Old October 16th 13, 04:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi[_2_]

On Wednesday, October 16, 2013 12:00:14 AM UTC-4, Christina Websell wrote:
Boyfie pooed in the bath again, despite having a litterbox a few feet away.

It's easily cleaned up but why won't he use the litterbox when he is

desperate?

He just won't use the lb

Tweed

is it a plastic litterbox? maybe he doesn't like the smell
Old October 16th 13, 08:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"The Other Guy" wrote in message
On Wed, 16 Oct 2013 05:00:14 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

Boyfie pooed in the bath again, despite having a litterbox a few feet
away.
It's easily cleaned up but why won't he use the litterbox when he is
desperate?
He just won't use the lb

I don't remember, have you tried just plain dirt
rather than litter in the box??

Yes, I've tried pretty well everything. Litter, sawdust, Catsan granules,
clay granules, earth and leaves (I felt sure he'd use that) but no.
It only happens if his tummy is a bit upset when he's inside overnight and
can't get outside. I shouldn't grumble really, it's easily cleaned up and
flushed away, but it's just frustrating that his litterbox is right there in
the bathroom for emergencies and for some reason I cannot get to the bottom
of (excuse unintended pun), he just will not use it.

Tweed

Old October 16th 13, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Mishi" wrote in message
On Wednesday, October 16, 2013 12:00:14 AM UTC-4, Christina Websell wrote:
Boyfie pooed in the bath again, despite having a litterbox a few feet
away.

It's easily cleaned up but why won't he use the litterbox when he is

desperate?

He just won't use the lb

Tweed

is it a plastic litterbox? maybe he doesn't like the smell

Yes, it is a plastic litterbox, are there any other kinds then?
If so, I'm prepared to try a different one. It must be upsetting for him to
use the bath, he is a very clean boy - even before I could get him neutered
he never sprayed in the house.

Tweed

Old October 16th 13, 08:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 10/16/2013 12:00 AM, Christina Websell wrote:
Boyfie pooed in the bath again, despite having a litterbox a few feet
away.
It's easily cleaned up but why won't he use the litterbox when he is
desperate?
He just won't use the lb
Tweed

I wish I had an answer for you. Seems like you've tried everything. I'm
sorry I have no suggestions.

Jill

I appreciate your support anyway. There must be some sort of reason, he was
a pre-owned boy with a collar on, probably used to dry food (he loves it) so
I assume he must have seen a litter box in his previous life. When KFC got
really old, even though she could go outside, she forgot how to. I had a
litterbox in the kitchen for her (no use expecting her to remember there was
one upstairs..) and she used it with enthusiasm, Boyfie saw her do it
hundreds of times, so it's not like he doesn't know what it's for.

It's a mystery.

Tweed

Old October 16th 13, 08:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Mishi" wrote in message
On Wednesday, October 16, 2013 12:00:14 AM UTC-4, Christina Websell wrote:
Boyfie pooed in the bath again, despite having a litterbox a few feet
away.

It's easily cleaned up but why won't he use the litterbox when he is

desperate?

He just won't use the lb

Tweed

is it a plastic litterbox? maybe he doesn't like the smell

Yes, it is a plastic litterbox, are there any other kinds then?
If so, I'm prepared to try a different one. It must be upsetting for him to
use the bath, he is a very clean boy - even before I could get him neutered
he never sprayed in the house.

Tweed

I've never seen a litterbox that isn't made of plastic. Anything else
would be too hard to keep clean. At least he poos in the tub. It may
upset him but it's better than him using his duvet!

These days when Persia uses her box (which is occasionally when I'm
using *mine* LOL) I've noticed she scratches at the mat the litterbox
sits on, rather than scratching the actual litter to cover up her
business. As a result, her pees and poos don't get buried. I figure
it's just an age thing. She was always fastidious about covering it up
when she was younger. At least she does use the box.

Jill
Old October 16th 13, 09:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 10/16/2013 3:59 PM, Judith Latham wrote:

wrote:
Boyfie pooed in the bath again, despite having a litterbox a few feet
away.

It's easily cleaned up but why won't he use the litterbox when he is

desperate?

He just won't use the lb

Tweed

is it a plastic litterbox? maybe he doesn't like the smell

Yes, it is a plastic litterbox, are there any other kinds then? If so,
I'm prepared to try a different one. It must be upsetting for him to
use the bath, he is a very clean boy - even before I could get him
neutered he never sprayed in the house.

Tweed

Is your bath a metal one? If so and as he does prefer the bath, maybe a
big metal roasting tin would tempt him. Perhaps he does like anything in
the tray such as litter or earth. Just a couple of thoughts.

Judith

I hadn't thought about a metal roasting pan! I don't know about in the
UK but in the US can buy heavy disposable metal (aluminium foil) pans
with high sides. Maybe she should give that a try.

Jill
Old October 16th 13, 09:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
Is your bath a metal one? If so and as he does prefer the bath, maybe a
big metal roasting tin would tempt him.

No, it's plastic.

Perhaps he does like anything in
the tray such as litter or earth. Just a couple of thoughts.

Sorry, what do you mean?

Tweed

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

Old October 17th 13, 02:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Does the poo look normal, and not hard or compact as in being constipated?

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.