Some really big cats

Old October 24th 13, 05:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

Default Some really big cats

"Cheryl" wrote in message
eb.com...

On 10/23/2013 7:10 PM, Joy wrote:
"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"MaryL" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Nik Simpson" wrote in message
I just got back from a 10 day African Safari and thought some of the
pictures might be of interest...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96111650@N07/10409068953/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/96111650@N07/10388638686/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/96111650@N07/10388796195/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/96111650@N07/10335554926/

If you like those, there's lots more to explore in...

Arathusa Lodge (Sabi Sands)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9611165...7636726492495/
Tanda Tula (Timbavati)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9611165...7636768128524/

I tried to view them, but they took so long to load that I didn't.

Big cats are great. I got sprayed in the face by a tiger who was well
annoyed at being looked at. I don't blame her. I might have done it
myself..

~~~~~~~
Did you click on one line at a time in the links? They opened very
rapidly for me.

MaryL

Yes I did \ no they didn't. Time for bed, midnight, night night, sweet
dreams
Tweed

I was surprised at how quickly they opened for me, because my computer is
usually quite slow.

Great photos! Was the lion yawning or roaring?

Joy

Nic must have a fantastic zoom lens to get those closeups. Again
jealous! Such amazing pictures.

~~~~~~~~
Yes, truly amazing pictures. Absolutely wonderful! Thanks for sharing,
Nic.

MaryL

Old October 24th 13, 06:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Cheryl" wrote in message
eb.com...

--
Nik Simpson

I'm so jealous! An African Safari is on my bucket list. Great pics!

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.

It's on my Impossible Dreams list. Of course, it moved up to #1 on the list
after my kids made the original first place dream come true. It was to show
Australia to my kids. I knew it would never happen, but they took me, so I
had a chance to show them some of the things I love, and to join them in a
first - snorkeling on the Great Barrier Reef.

Joy

Old October 24th 13, 01:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Joy" wrote in message ...

"Cheryl" wrote in message
[...]

I went snorkeling on the Great Barrier Reef two years ago and also in the
Caribbean the next summer. I would not be able to try an African Safari
with my back problems, so I enjoy it vicariously through photos like the
ones Nik shared.

Mary

Old October 24th 13, 02:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nik Simpson[_2_]

On 10/23/2013 9:25 PM, Cheryl wrote:
On 10/23/2013 7:10 PM, Joy wrote:

I was surprised at how quickly they opened for me, because my computer is
usually quite slow.

Great photos! Was the lion yawning or roaring?

Yawning, that or showing off his tonsils ;-)

Nic must have a fantastic zoom lens to get those closeups. Again
jealous! Such amazing pictures.

A rented 100-400mm zoom, but you'd be surprised how close you get to the
animals on Safari.

--
Nik Simpson
Old October 24th 13, 02:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nik Simpson[_2_]

On 10/24/2013 12:59 AM, Joy wrote:
"Cheryl" wrote in message
[...]

It's not as expensive as you might think. The actual holiday part of
this worked out at about $400-450/night (including the single
supplement), but that included accommodation, wonderful food, wine,
drinks, game drives, laundry, internet access, the lot. The expensive
part is the flight to S. Africa, which I was fortunate enough to take
care of Delta frequent flyer miles.

--
Nik Simpson

Old October 24th 13, 07:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"MaryL" wrote in message

"Joy" wrote in message ...

"Cheryl" wrote in message
[...]

An African Safari is way beyond my financial means, but I, too, enjoy them
vicariously. Interestingly, a couple of days before Nik posted these urls,
a friend on another newsgroup posted the url to see photos from his African
Safari.

Joy

Old October 24th 13, 07:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Cheryl" wrote in message
[...]

Aside from the fact that I've run out of travel money, that daily cost is
still 2-3 times that of any of the trips I've taken. I know it's value for
the money, but I just don't have the money.

Joy

Old October 24th 13, 08:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nik Simpson[_2_]

On 10/24/2013 1:24 PM, Joy wrote:

Aside from the fact that I've run out of travel money, that daily cost is
still 2-3 times that of any of the trips I've taken. I know it's value for
the money, but I just don't have the money.

That was a luxury safari, really nice accommodation and gourmet food &
wine, you can do it a lot cheaper than that. The first time I went in
1989, I camped in pup-tents and our group cooked over open fires :-)

--
Nik Simpson

Old October 24th 13, 09:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann791

On 10/24/2013 3:24 PM, Nik Simpson wrote:
On 10/24/2013 1:24 PM, Joy wrote:

Aside from the fact that I've run out of travel money, that daily cost is
still 2-3 times that of any of the trips I've taken. I know it's
value for
the money, but I just don't have the money.

That was a luxury safari, really nice accommodation and gourmet food &
wine, you can do it a lot cheaper than that. The first time I went in
1989, I camped in pup-tents and our group cooked over open fires :-)

--
Nik Simpson

Beautiful pictures. I looked at all of them. Thanks for sharing .

Ann
Old October 24th 13, 10:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nik Simpson[_2_]

On 10/24/2013 3:10 PM, Judith Latham wrote:

What absolutely fantastic photos!

Thanks, I hope you enjoyed looking at them as much I enjoyed taking them :-)

They downloaded fine for me and I'm using an old RISC OS machine which has
neither java script or flash player and can have trouble sometimes with
items that PCs can handle. then I have to use my laptop.

Wow, that's not an old machine that's vintage ;-)

--
Nik Simpson