Asthma question

Old January 18th 04, 08:57 PM
blair thompson

Default Asthma question

My 9 year old guy was diagnosed with feline asthma about 2
years ago. Not terrifically troubled by it (so far). Perhaps 1 or 2
episodes, lasting under a minute, in a 24 hour period. Maybe a couple
more I'm not around to witness.

I got all possible allergens out of the house---clumping cat
litter, scented fabric softeners, carpet deodorizers, etc. I don't
smoke either. However, every time the forced air furnace kicks on, he
runs over and plants himself on top of the register. I had the ducts
cleaned a year ago, and will have them done again next month. I can't
help but think that this behavior doesn't help his respiratory
problem.

He is pretty well an inside cat, but pops out for VERY short
spells. Kinda spooky, which suits me fine.

Any suggestions? If the problem worsens, and I read that it is
progressive, I was wondering if there was any sort of filtering
material to place over the vents, so the heat will come through, but
crap won't blow into his bronchials. Some sort of medication
intervention eventually, I suppose (AeroKat?). Hope I don't have to go
the steroids route with the attendant risk of diabetes. I have already
had two diabetic cats in my lifetime.

Thanks for any information or experiences.

Blair T. North Vancouver, B.C.
Old January 21st 04, 03:31 PM
Stuart

Any suggestions? If the problem worsens, and I read that it is
progressive, I was wondering if there was any sort of filtering
material to place over the vents, so the heat will come through, but
crap won't blow into his bronchials. Some sort of medication
intervention eventually, I suppose (AeroKat?). Hope I don't have to go
the steroids route with the attendant risk of diabetes. I have already
had two diabetic cats in my lifetime.

http://www.nutritionfarm.com/products/petpycc.htm
I'v posted this to a couple of postings - but for a pussycat in
discomfort - it's worth posting agaan - I'd really suggest a good
read of this page. search for others and see what's been said - this
is just one site I picked after the search - there are many others.
and once again - if anyone with a poorly cat - switches to this, I'd
love to hear the results, I havn't used it on a pet yet, but I have on
myself and know how good it is - plus it's not a harmful drug, it
won't cause anything adverse.
email false ~ get me at - stuartrATslingshot.co.nz (just replace the
AT with the correct @ symbol.