scabs under chin

Old May 9th 04, 03:02 PM
lmh

Default scabs under chin

My 16 year old cat suddenly has scabs under his chin, doesn't seem to hurt
his eating but looks terrible. Any idea on what could be causing this would
be appreciated.

Old May 9th 04, 04:00 PM
Fat Freddy

My 16 year old cat suddenly has scabs under his chin, doesn't seem to hurt
his eating but looks terrible. Any idea on what could be causing this would
be appreciated.

It's probably acne. My cat had it and washing it a couple of times a
day for a few days with an anti-bacterial soap cleared it up. Severe
cases may need antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

Old May 9th 04, 05:50 PM
MaryL

"Fat Freddy" wrote in message
My 16 year old cat suddenly has scabs under his chin, doesn't seem to

hurt
his eating but looks terrible. Any idea on what could be causing this

would
be appreciated.

It's probably acne. My cat had it and washing it a couple of times a
day for a few days with an anti-bacterial soap cleared it up. Severe
cases may need antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

If it is chin acne, it can also help to change from plastic bowls to ceramic
or stainless steel bowls.

MaryL

Old May 11th 04, 05:45 AM
Wren

Does he lick his penis much? If so, he may be transferring some of his penis
skank to his chin. It happens to me sometimes.

Old May 12th 04, 08:34 AM
Rich

"Wren" wrote in message
Does he lick his penis much? If so, he may be transferring some of his

penis
skank to his chin. It happens to me sometimes.

You said, ..."It happens to me sometimes."

Does that mean you lick your penis? There is two ways to read your
statement.