What would you do to save a cat? (VERY LONG)

Old May 6th 04, 12:44 PM
John Biltz

On Thu, 6 May 2004 03:16:57 -0700, JP Hobbs wrote
(in article ):

Kristi, make no mistake you *are*very brave,I've beenina similar situation
myself, not with an animal but a human in a burning car, and you do *not*
think of the danger its just something that has to be done, you are an angel
of mercy too, some people would have been content to drop puss at the vets
and leave the owners address, but not you. huge Purrs to this poor old cat
fancy having that happen at his\ her age, any age of course but its like an
elderly person that gets attacked. I've never been overly fond of rotties
they can be very vicious not all I know, but a big percentage. I can't
imagine how frightened that little cat must have been, and thank God you
happened along with your brave spirit. I hope the cat recovers, and I hope
you get your money back. Purrs and Hugs to you Jean.P.

The trouble with the big dogs is not so much that they are mean dogs they
just have such a potential for doing damage that they are dangerous. When
something does happen it is often a horror story on the news. A small
dog may be and often are meaner but a bite is an annoyance with little
real damage and infection the greatest danger. Beef that same dog up to
five times its size and you have a real danger. Beef a cat up to five
times its size and you have a leopard or mountain lion. I don't think I
would want to live with Maya or Bruiser if they weighed 80 to 100 pounds.
Little tyrants are bad enough, big tyrants would be unbearable. I think
if I was the cat's owner I would make a real effort to find those dogs'
owner and give them the bill. The truth is they are legally and morally
responsible for what happened. Really more responsible than the dogs. I
bet the kids in that neighborhood know where the dogs live if they are
from that neighborhood.

Old May 6th 04, 01:16 PM
Annie Wxill

"Mischief" wrote in message
om...

.... So, I've done all that I can. The adrenaline has worn off and
everything is sinking in now. I fended off two Rottweilers that could
have turned on me. I picked up an injured cat that could have ripped
me to shreds. I put down $200 to start treatment and only hope that
this guy keeps his word.

I've gotten word that the cat has a dislocated hip and at least a
broken rib or two, but currently she is stable and doing well.

Kristi

Kristi,
That was quite an adventure! I'm glad you weren't hurt. Also, that is some
tough cat. Please keep us up to date on the situation. If you could arrange
it with the vet and then post here how to contact the vet, some of us might
be able to make a donation toward the cat's treatment.
Annie

Old May 6th 04, 01:40 PM
Christine Burel

"Annie Wxill" wrote in message

"Mischief" wrote in message
[...]

Kristi -- If this is possible, I would make a donation towards this kitty.
Btw, you are my hero -- my mother is very into politics and the presidential
race these days; I tell her these aren't the people who matter and who I
believe in -- it's people like you, Kristi. Hugs and kudos.
And purrs for the little kitty.
Christine

Old May 6th 04, 02:00 PM
Victor Martinez

Mischief wrote:
Here's the long version about the cat I saved.

You are a good and brave woman. I too would risk my safety to save a
cat. I could probably seriously injure man or animal in order to save a cat.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old May 6th 04, 03:01 PM
JBHajos

On Thu, 6 May 2004 06:40:00 -0600, "Christine Burel"
wrote:

Kristi -- If this is possible, I would make a donation towards this kitty.

Me too!!!!!

Jeanne