Lapcat Conspiracy

Old March 19th 04, 06:53 AM
LOL

Default Lapcat Conspiracy

Yesterday at the office I was happily reading and posting on rpca,
when Ozzy leaped into my lap and settled himself down. I reached over
and unplugged the telephone line from the computer and plugged it back
into the phone, so that if it rang I wouldn't have to get up and go in
the other room to answer, thereby disturbing Ozzy. Can't have that.

Last night at home I was happily reading and thinking about what I
wanted to post, when Mike leaped into my lap and settled himself down
with his body in my lap and his head on the keyboard. So much for
posting; last night was a reading only night.

Could it be that the cats are trying to hold me incommunicado? What
is the mothership trying to do?

I wanted to post this as a heads-up to you all; it doesn't much matter
as far as *I* am concerned, because the lapcat days are over and all
these cats are going to have to get jobs. I went to TEDentist today;
today was when, having dealt with the dire emergencies at my last two
appointments, TEDentist was to look at all my teeth and take bunches
of x-rays and stuff, to see what all was going to have to be done.
Yikes.

The news was both better (no root canals - yay!) and worse (four
extractions - not yay!) than I was expecting. TEDentist told me that
he would try to have a ballpark estimate for everything ready by my
next appointment, at which time we will be dealing with the most dire
of the not-quite-so-dire emergencies. He volunteered this estimate
business. That can't be good. shudder

Also, DH bought a new truck *yesterday*. Argggh!

So all kitties are going to have to polish their resumes and start
looking for gainful employment. Well, for Ozzy and Tiger the lawcats
that just means they'll have to keep better billing records; *maybe*
they won't have to get second jobs. But Mike and the new stray that's
been hanging around the office will have to get cracking. ;-)

------
Krista
Who is NOT going to post about the new stray until we've managed to
trap her and take her to TED, for fear of a jinx
Old March 19th 04, 08:19 AM
Hopitus2

I've actually had more to do with my dentist than my docs in the long haul.
Your dentist is used to patients going into "sticker shock" at the prices
for his expertise on your mouth/smile problems, and they like to prepare
you, sort of. At least that's what mine means when he goes into that
"estimate" mode with me.
No matter what kind of dental insurance you got, they all have their limits
per year, and my dentist and I just go at it one tooth at a time - me paying
my share (co-payment) one batch at a time till everything's done. Last time
this took from early June to mid-Nov. but it was a bunch of root canals,
visits to an oral surgeon at another office, and rather large bridges at the
last. I did lose some teeth during all that, which were unsalvageable.
Invisible, though.
Unpleasant I call it; the length of time it took, the expense (he is much
cheaper, truly, than one of my best friends' (the condo-Himmie chick)
dentist, because she is cowardly and insists on having some kind of gas that
makes her drunk during the work. I've never done that; I'm not very low pain
threshhold and am basically too cheap as well.
My advice is prepare for $ shock (I prefer to section it into increments)
for dentist's work on you, and just make up your mind to tough it out for
the long haul. Best wishes.

om...
:
: ------

Old March 19th 04, 03:05 PM
Christine Burel

Oh, Krista -- more dental work, I'm sorry! Please let us know when so we
can send soothing purrs for you! And, purrs for your pocketbook, too (boy,
do we know about that). Verrrry interesting sig today -- looking forward to
hearing more.
Christine
om...

Old March 20th 04, 07:03 AM
LOL

"Hopitus2" wrote in message ...
[...]

Heh. I *am* toughing it out for the long haul; however, there would
be no "toughing" involved if I had dental insurance. We have health,
auto, life, and malpractice insurance, but dental is prohibitively
expensive for something that's more *optional* than the first four.

I will have to go to an oral surgeon for the extractions, as the roots
grow into my sinuses. Bummer. But that's going to wait; there are
several teeth that *right now* can still be filled, and won't need
root canals if we do them fast enough. I told my dentist I'd rather
start working on the teeth that would be staying, rather than have the
extractions first, and he agreed that we could do it that way.

I've discovered I've become more of a wimp about dental pain as I've
gotten older. I used to get fillings without novocain, if the cavity
wasn't too deep, because though it could hurt **bad** for a minute, it
only lasted that minute, and then you didn't talk funny and drool for
hours afterwards. Nowadays, though, I wouldn't want to do that. I
want my novocain, please. But I can skip the nitrous. ;-)

------
Krista
Old March 20th 04, 07:11 AM
Sherry

Heh. I *am* toughing it out for the long haul; however, there would
be no "toughing" involved if I had dental insurance. We have health,
auto, life, and malpractice insurance, but dental is prohibitively
expensive for something that's more *optional* than the first four.

Ohhh Krista. I didn't see this original post.
H-U-G-S for you. I am terrified of the dentist. Everything about it. From the
dental work to paying the bill. You sound like much braver than me.
Your insurance woes. I have just realized we are paying out a crapload of
money on insurance. Car insurance, truck insurance, rental house insurance,
house insurance, health insurance, longerm care insurance, life insurance,
dental insurance.. Even dogbite insurance. (OK, so it's only $27 a year but he
already bit the FedEx guy on the ankle.
The only thing I don't have is pet insurance, and I probably need that.
Sherry

Old March 20th 04, 07:15 AM
Marina

Purrs for you dental work from another dentaphobe (scared of teeth??). I'm
sure Ozzy and Tiger will have their work cut out for them with the pirate
voyage starting soon. Maybe the new stray can be their legal assistant?

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old March 20th 04, 04:40 PM
polonca12000

So sorry to hear about problems with your teeth.
Purrs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

om...