I'm losing my babies (partly OT)

Old June 2nd 09, 11:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Default I'm losing my babies (partly OT)

Pam, kids leaving is one of the hardest things for a parent but, leave they
must. Will offer purrs and prayers for their safe trip and for you hurting
heart.
"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...
Tomorrow, actually later today, my son Mike and his fiancée, Mandi Lynn
will be driving to Seattle Washington where they will be living and going
to college. Qui Gun Kit and Hermione will be leaving with their parents,
leaving us mourning the loss of four members of our clowder. I know that
they'll be fine, but I love them so much. They'll be mostly following the
I-40, I-80, and I-90 corridors on their 3000 mile trek to their futures.
I wish I could keep them here, but it would be cruel to do so.

Rob is doing all right. His health has its moments. We spent 10 hours in
the local ER because he refused to drink any thing and dehydrated himself.
The cats were very worried about him.

Purrs for a safe trip for my kids and grandkittens would be welcome as
would those for Rob's health.

Thanks,

Pam S.

Old June 3rd 09, 02:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Will in New Haven wrote:

On Jun 2, 2:30?am, "tanadashoes" wrote:

Tomorrow, actually later today, my son Mike and his fianc?e, Mandi
Lynn will be driving to Seattle Washington where they will be living
and going to college. ?Qui Gun Kit and Hermione will be leaving with
their parents, leaving us mourning the loss of four members of our
clowder.

Distance isn't loss. Purrs for their safe passage to the Land Where
Rain is King.

It's not a loss like they're gone forever. But it is a change, and most
change does involve some loss. I think it's hard for parents when their
kids move out. And with two furbutts on top of that! You've had QGK for,
how long?

Pam, I have no doubts whatsoever that you'll be fine about this once
you adjust to it, but I'm seconding Will's purrs, because it's a sad
time and I know you'll miss them all.

Then again, it should be fun to go visit them! Seattle's a great town,
I love it. As long as you can put up with the weather, that is.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old June 3rd 09, 04:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

tanadashoes wrote:
Tomorrow, actually later today, my son Mike and his fiancée, Mandi
Lynn will be driving to Seattle Washington where they will be living
and going to college. Qui Gun Kit and Hermione will be leaving with
their parents, leaving us mourning the loss of four members of our
clowder. I know that they'll be fine, but I love them so much. They'll be
mostly following the I-40, I-80, and I-90 corridors on
their 3000 mile trek to their futures. I wish I could keep them
here, but it would be cruel to do so.
Rob is doing all right. His health has its moments. We spent 10
hours in the local ER because he refused to drink any thing and
dehydrated himself. The cats were very worried about him.

Purrs for a safe trip for my kids and grandkittens would be welcome
as would those for Rob's health.

Thanks,

Pam S.

Purrs on the way.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old June 4th 09, 05:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel[_2_]

Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...
Tomorrow, actually later today, my son Mike and his fiancée, Mandi Lynn
will be driving to Seattle Washington where they will be living and going
to college. Qui Gun Kit and Hermione will be leaving with their parents,
leaving us mourning the loss of four members of our clowder. I know that
they'll be fine, but I love them so much. They'll be mostly following the
I-40, I-80, and I-90 corridors on their 3000 mile trek to their futures.
I wish I could keep them here, but it would be cruel to do so.

This must be really hard to have both the kitties and the kids leaving -
wah! Many heartfelt purrs to you, Pam, and your other kitties for this will
definitely be an adjustment. Please know you and Rob are in our thoughts
and purrayers. Also, good relocation and life "purrs" for your kids and
their new lives.

Rob is doing all right. His health has its moments. We spent 10 hours in
the local ER because he refused to drink any thing and dehydrated himself.
The cats were very worried about him.

Major purrs from Tucker, Midnight, Robin and Oreo for Rob to hang in there
and also, especially, for you.
hugs and best purrs and purrayers,
now, and always, Pam,
Christine

Old June 6th 09, 02:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Jofirey" wrote in message

I know you will miss them. But I know you are also very, very proud of
them. And worried. But proud. Don't forget to enjoy that part as well.

Just think of all the silly, crazy adventures they are going to have as
they head into the future together.

Jo

Tonight they are in Casper Wyoming. The check engine light came on in the
Buick today and Mike says he is going to check the car's bodily fluids
before they start out in the morning. They are hoping for no more than one
more night on the road.

Hermione shredded her carrier (flimsy soft side) before they even passed the
local PetSmart. So, a new carrier. At the Asheville, North Carolina, motel
that they stayed at (so far the only one which charged them a pet deposit)
she decided that she needed to sharpen her claws on the sofa in their room.
Qui Gun alternates between sleeping and singing. Apparently, his favorite
song is "One Hundred Micies Stuck to the Wall." Mike says that he loses his
place when he falls asleep and has to start all over again. Hermione isn't
interested in joining Qui Gun Kit in song and does her own little ditties,
if she sings at all.

Rob lost consciousness while waiting for his chemo appointment on Wednesday.
They don't know what is going on for sure, just that he doesn't have a
pulmonary embolism. I take him back to see the oncologist on Monday. I
worry about him.

Pam S

Old June 6th 09, 02:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karla

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...
(snip)
Tonight they are in Casper Wyoming. The check engine light came on in the
Buick today and Mike says he is going to check the car's bodily fluids
before they start out in the morning.

(snip)

My "check engine" light comes on every time I get gas if the gas cap is not
replaced properly. It will also come on when the gas tank falls under about
1/8 full. It seems that light is on more than it's off but my car runs
perfectly and the light has never indicated anything serious. Oh, and Auto
Zone will run the engine codes for free and give them a print-out of the
results.
Karla

Old June 6th 09, 03:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Jun 5, 6:13*pm, "tanadashoes" wrote:

Rob lost consciousness while waiting for his chemo appointment on Wednesday.
They don't know what is going on for sure, just that *he doesn't have a
pulmonary embolism. *I take him back to see the oncologist on Monday. *I
worry about him.

Coming in a bit late but purrs for you, the family and Rob- keep us
posted

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old June 6th 09, 10:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel[_2_]

Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA

(((((Pam!!!))))
Thinking of you and Rob. Sending huge purrs your way.
Christine

Old June 7th 09, 11:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Karla" wrote in message

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...
(snip)
Tonight they are in Casper Wyoming. The check engine light came on in
the Buick today and Mike says he is going to check the car's bodily
fluids before they start out in the morning.

(snip)

My "check engine" light comes on every time I get gas if the gas cap is
not replaced properly. It will also come on when the gas tank falls under
about 1/8 full. It seems that light is on more than it's off but my car
runs perfectly and the light has never indicated anything serious. Oh,
and Auto Zone will run the engine codes for free and give them a print-out
of the results.
Karla

Tonight they will reach Seattle Washington. Last night they were in
Missoula Montana where the squirt bottle they bought with Hermione in mind
came in very handy. She seems to think that she HAS to scratch any and all
upholstery, something she didn't do here. She doesn't have the scratching
facilities on the road either. Qui Gun Kit is determined that he will no
longer be held by the tyranny of the plastic cat carrier. He has been
working the door in the lid (wire bars) and is doing a credible job at
permanently giving himself an out. I told Mike that Duct tape is a very
worthwhile investment, which made him laugh as we always claimed that we
needed to pick up duct tape when the kids got too rowdy in the back seat.

He called his best friend's step father, an auto mechanic, and asked his
advice. It was the same as Rob's, which was check engine fluids and try
not to panic. Get the car checked out by a auto shop as soon as possible
(Seattle in this case as there is no, as far as we can tell, immediate
danger) and keep an eye on her. So far, so good.

Just called Mandi Lynn. They are in Seattle and will be in Edmonds within a
couple of hours. (6 pm eastern daylight time) Her mom will probably have
dinner waiting for them. She sounds so happy and excited. She has still
promised to call when they get to the house, and I'll worry until they do.
Man I miss them and the grandcats.

Pam S.

cat losing fur lori Cat health & behaviour 3 March 28th 06 10:26 PM
cat losing fur lori Cat health & behaviour 1 March 26th 06 11:13 PM
losing fur hawk Cat health & behaviour 6 February 20th 06 01:08 AM
Need Help-- Cat losing his EYE happilycrabby Cat health & behaviour 18 September 2nd 05 02:25 AM
losing hair Justin L Cat health & behaviour 22 May 3rd 05 02:27 AM