Purrs for Tank please

Old June 4th 09, 11:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Purrs for Tank please

AlisonT wrote:

Tank has been not eating and throwing up. The first visit to TED got
him an antibiotic shot and a shot for nausea plus subQ fluids. When
he threw up this morning I asked for and got an appt. with the vet who
had taken care of Tigger just because he would understand what we were
going through to have Tank have some of the same symptoms as Tigger.
I told him to do whatever he needed to do regardless of cost to find
out what was wrong. So Tank had an x-ray to make sure he hadn't
swallowed something he shouldn't have and blood work and urine has
been sent out the the lab. He did do a quick test on the urine and
found a high number of white blood cells and some blood so it looks
like Tank has a UTI. So now I have antibiotic and anti-nausea pills
for him. He was so cute at TEDs. They took him away to do the x-ray
and get the blood and urine sample and when they brought him back he
just curled up on the table and hid his head in my chest. I could
almost hear him saying, Meowmie they stuck me in my privates and they
stuck me in my neck and they cut off my pretty hair and I want to go
home NOW. Everything seems to make sense for it to be a UTI but I
will be on pins and needles until tomorrow when the blood work results
come back. I don't know how I could have missed a UTI. He hasn't
been hanging out in the litter box like cats usually do when they have
a UTI.

Please purr for him to feel better and not have anything worse than a
UTI.

Poor guy! I hope it's something simple and treatable like a UTI, which
since you have caught it, will not pose any danger of blockage. Sorry
that he had to endure all that poking and prodding. The doctor isn't a
fun place for anyone, but it's especially scare for those who can't
understand what's going on. That's sweet about him hiding his head in
mommy's chest. Licky shoves his head into the crook of my arm when I
take him to the vet - I feel bad for him, but it's also really sweet.

Purrs for everyone who's stressed out and not feeling well.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old June 5th 09, 03:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

AlisonT wrote:

Please purr for him to feel better and not have anything worse than a
UTI.

Many purrs on the way for Tank.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old June 5th 09, 08:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 11:17:43 -0700 (PDT), AlisonT
wrote:

[...]

THe red and white cells in the urine are typical for a UTI.

But there are several other things that can cause RBCs and WBCs in the
urine, unfortunately.

Purrs that it is 'only' a UTI, and that it very quickly responds to an
antibiotic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

Old June 5th 09, 05:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
AlisonT

The blood test is back and everything is normal, yay! He is still not
eating and is currently very mad at me for giving him his medicine
this morning. I just stopped by the vet and got an appetite stimulant
and some special food and a syringe. I'm giving the stimulant a few
hours to work and then he gets the syringe if he doesn't eat. He's
really going to hate me then. I hope he eats before then. Other than
not eating he seems his rascally self.
Old June 5th 09, 08:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Fri, 5 Jun 2009 09:22:53 -0700 (PDT), AlisonT
wrote:

The blood test is back and everything is normal, yay! He is still not
eating and is currently very mad at me for giving him his medicine
this morning. I just stopped by the vet and got an appetite stimulant
and some special food and a syringe. I'm giving the stimulant a few
hours to work and then he gets the syringe if he doesn't eat. He's
really going to hate me then. I hope he eats before then. Other than
not eating he seems his rascally self.

Good news!!!

I'm sure he will bounce back very soon, when the antibiotic starts
working.

The only 'good' thing about a UTI, is that so many antibiotics are
excreted in the urine, thus putting a lot of antibiotic right where it's
needed the most.

Anyone who's had a UTI knows how crummy they can make you feel.

If it were me, I'd just 'force' him to eat a little, 2x - 3x a day,
until he is feeling better, and eats on his own.

You don't need to 'replace' ALL the food he's not eating. He just needs
to have some food each day, to keep his systems working as normal as
possible.

Please keep us posted on his progress!

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

Old June 6th 09, 12:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
AlisonT

Thank you everyone for all your purrs. He is eating again! When I
got back from the vet yesterday I showed him the pills and the food
and syringe. And I said, we can do this the easy way or we can do
this the hard way, I'm going to give you this pill and you have until
4:00. Silly rascal, he ate the treats I had left out for him at
3:55. He ate some canned food overnight. I am so relieved.

Old June 6th 09, 04:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Jun 4, 11:17*am, AlisonT wrote:
Please purr for him to feel better and not have anything worse than a

UTI.

Purrs on the way

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old June 6th 09, 10:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel[_2_]

Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA

wonderful news!
Christine

Old June 7th 09, 04:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

AlisonT wrote:

Thank you everyone for all your purrs. He is eating again! When I
got back from the vet yesterday I showed him the pills and the food
and syringe. And I said, we can do this the easy way or we can do
this the hard way, I'm going to give you this pill and you have until
4:00. Silly rascal, he ate the treats I had left out for him at
3:55. He ate some canned food overnight. I am so relieved.

That's wonderful news!

Sure have been a lot of cats going off their feed lately. I wonder if
they had orders from the Mothership to go on a hunger strike?

--
Joyce ^..^

Purrs for DH and Tank AlisonT Cat anecdotes 13 March 17th 09 08:27 PM
New Fish in the Tank CatNipped[_2_] Cat anecdotes 10 September 30th 07 10:11 PM
New fish tank. Gary Cat health & behaviour 12 November 6th 04 03:38 PM
New Fish Tank Gary Cat rescue 2 November 2nd 04 01:10 AM
New Fish Tank Gary Cats - misc 0 November 1st 04 09:47 PM