KFC

Old May 5th 09, 12:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Default KFC

That's it! I been trying to think of who KFC reminded me of and Auntie Mame
is the one!!! She was a "stay out of my face, I am my own boss" kind of
cat. I know you aren't ready for this but, I bet she eventually sends you
one hell of cat to take care of!
wrote in message
BfloPolska wrote:

I want to be KFC when I grow up; and if I God forbid go tonight I want
to come back as your cat. You did right by Kitty! Never doubt it! I
have met people who will take a cat to the SPCA (knowing that in some
communities they will euthanize at any sign of illness) or just ask a
doctor to put the animal down because they don't want the trouble nor
expense of caring for a cat with a chronic condition. Not you, dear
Tweed. You fought like hell for KFC, and in return you and the world
were blessed with an aged, venerable, feisty, cranky old Babcia. An
Auntie Mame, an old bird who did as she pleased in spite of the world.
This Babcia, KFC, is the lady in the famous song who urges us to come
hear the music play, because life is a cabaret, old chum. We were and
remain inspired by this beautiful old granny cat with enough attitude
to fill up a Clydesdale's stature.

Wow! I'm not even going to wait for my next life - I want to be KFC
right now! What a great tribute.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old May 13th 09, 08:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On May 2, 2:39*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

Anyway, speculating will not bring her back.
I hope I succeeded in giving her a decentretirementin the last 7 years.

Sorry this has been going through my head for the last couple of
weeks,

She knocked on your door one day aged 18 and I imagine she was
thinking how old she was and could she at least have an hour or two by
the fire to warm her old bones and you who weren't a cat person
(You;ve said more than once "I'm crying for a cat I didn't want in the
first place") rather a dog person opened the door and let her in. And
allowed her to stay (although of course she'd worked out this is a
nice Hoomin and there is a vacancy)

She wasn't even your much loved pet from a kitten but you let her in
and went a lot further than anyone for her and that says a lot of good
things about you..

You gave her a great retirement a lot of people would have just
ignored her, taken her to a shelter where she would have been put to
sleep on the spot as no-one is going to adopt such an old cat....

But you opened the door and told her to come in and be welcome and
loved..And that's why I think you gave her a more than decent
retirement and you proved what a great person you are.......despite
not being a cat person you opened the door and let her in

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old June 5th 09, 10:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

[...]

------
Aw, shucks, Lesley. I don't think I'm a great person at all. My last dog
had gone to RB, my house was empty. I like all animals, how could I have
turned her away?
I have to admit it was a learning curve to adapt to cats.
I miss KFC terribly. Her grumpiness, the little noises she made because she
was unable to meow, how when I looked at her she would open her mouth as if
she was really meowing at me. How she would jump up on my knee when she felt
like it, how she would slash if I invited it and she didn't want to. She
could be 4lbs of love or fury.

Tweed

Old June 5th 09, 11:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

What "I" think happened was she was getting tired and one day realized the
dogs were no longer there. She probably figured if you "could love a Dog"
then a cat stood a real good chance.

She was Loved and she Loved, that is much more than a lot of people get in
this world. You did good, settle you heart and know this to be true.

Old June 6th 09, 12:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

wrote:

[...]

Both of you needed love. You gave it to each other. That's all that really
matters.

Joy

Old June 6th 09, 04:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Jun 5, 2:53*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
how could I have
turned her away?

Which is why whatever you may say- you may not think you;re a great
person but I do SO THERE!

A lot of people might not have let her in, some might have let her
stay the night, some would have thought the kindest thing would be to
take her to a shelter but you despite not knowing the first thing
about cats couldn't turn her away that's why you're a great person
okay?