licking plastic!

Old November 21st 03, 01:36 PM
PawsForThought

From: itty (Sherry )

http://www.members.aol.com/sriddles/bonsaifrank.jpg

OMG, that is so cute!!! What a great pic, Sherry

Lauren
________
Old November 21st 03, 05:21 PM
Carrie-Lou Salter

"Steve G" wrote in message
om...
kaeli wrote in message

. ..
Plastic
breeds bacteria easier than steel and doesn't sanitize as well.

Yes, plastic is very dangerous. Deadly, even. This is why the
following items are never made from plastic:

- Cutlery
- Cups
- Babies' bottles
- Plates
- Food wrap
- Cat litter trays
- Chopping boards
- Drinks containers
- Foos storage containers

If any of these items were made from plastic, the population would be
dropping like flies, little fake plastic flies.

snip

Yes, yes - also, a passing mass-murder inclined paranoid-cat-hating
schizoid biochemist might soak the bags in Dead-Cat Killer Horror
Fluid.

Plastic bags are the number 1 cause of cat deaths in the western
world; it's also true that humans are dying everyday from eating items
that were held within plastic shopping bags. Plastic-bag related
deaths led to the downfall of the Roman Empire. Plastic bags are
strictly licensed in most US states, and you need a special
bag-license and bag-bio barrier before you can use these dastardly
things.

Don't Go Plastic!

Steve.

I love the way you made you point Steve...

Carrie

Old November 21st 03, 07:49 PM
kaeli

In article ,
enlightened us with...

- Cutlery
- Cups
- Babies' bottles
- Plates
- Food wrap

All of which come in a box or in wrapping, not sitting free on the
floor.
Would you eat from plastic forks that were not wrapped in some way? Even
at fast-food restaurants, they wrap the plastic cutlery. Baby bottles
should be sanitized daily. Plates and cups are disposable. You don't
reuse them without washing them, and even that is rare. None of these
are meant for reuse.
Plastic thick enough (that is not disposable) should be washed in very
hot water in the dishwasher to kill germs.

- Cat litter trays

Not made to be licked nor expected to be sanitary.

- Chopping boards

Should be sanitized or food should be cooked well after touching.
Salmonella loves these. Plastic chopping boards are the best friend of
cross-contamination.

- Drinks containers

Not reused and the inside was sterile (if you meant bottles). The edge,
if you drink from it, was covered by the cap.

- Foos storage containers

(food storage containers)

Should be sanitized in the dishwasher if not disposable.

If any of these items were made from plastic, the population would be
dropping like flies, little fake plastic flies.

If any of those items were sitting on the floor of the grocery store's
back room, would you put it in your mouth?

If you would, please still say you wouldn't. That's disgusting.

--
~kaeli~
In democracy your vote counts. In feudalism your count votes.

Old November 21st 03, 07:51 PM
Karen M.

So *you're* the one who started the bonsai website!! Sherry, that is
one of the most adorable pictures I've ever seen!

Sherry wrote:
Well, our box-lover is 12 and half pounds, but it still seems that the
smaller
the box, the more she wants to try to squeeze into it, and then she sits in
it
purring with her pudge hanging out over the sides. I used to have another cat
like that--the shoebox was only fun if it was almost too snug to squeeze
into.
Wonder why. Our slim cats, btw, don't much care about shoeboxes.

Oh, gee, so other people's cats do this too. The smaller the box, the harder
Frank tries to get into it. He can cram himself into anything, ignoring the
parts that hang out, and go to sleep. I've posted this before, but it's a
classic example, and slept in this box for days.
http://www.members.aol.com/sriddles/bonsaifrank.jpg