The Night Before... at my house (parody of the poem)

Old December 19th 03, 03:44 PM
Rainy

Default The Night Before... at my house (parody of the poem)

I wrote this for my personal website http://www.rainy-day-laughter.com
and thought I'd share it here. Happy holidays, everyone.

~~

'Twas the night before Christmas and here in my house, my kitties
were chewing an old catnip mouse. Their food bowls were empty
way back in the kitchen, as the hour approached they call the
bewitchin'.

My puppies were snoring, asleep in their beds (while nothing at
all went on in their heads). My sis in her jammies and me in mine
too had both gone to bed to have a nice snooze, when in our
backyard a commotion arisen caused Nia to call out, "Those
noises - what is it?"

Away in my booties and to the back door, I looked out in darkness
but then I saw more. A full moon shone down on the sparkling
snow, giving shadow and substance to all shapes below, when
what to my half-open eyes should appear but a miniature sleigh
with eight tiny reindeer - with a little old driver whose form gave
me pause - I knew in an instant, well, there's Santa Claus!

So up to our rooftop his reindeer all flew, with a sleigh full of
kitsch and St. Nicholas too. With Nia I listened as up on the roof
we heard the climp-clomping of each little hoof. As I drew in a
breath and was turning about, down the chimney the fat man
appeared with a shout. He was dressed all in fur, what a jolly
old boy - but to Jax and Josiah, a plump catnip toy.

That bundle of goodies went plop on the floor as he hobbled
and fell down with my animals four. My cats - he was catnip!
My dogs didn't like him! (Jax sharpens his claws, and then
Cimmy bites him.) As Tasha went barking to beg him for
treats, my Maltese (called Cimmy) mistook him for meat.
The dogs had decided he'd make a nice meal when in flies
our Stevie - the guard cockatiel!

She nipped at his nose and got in a few kicks (our Stevie's
a girl, named after Ms. Nicks). Our cats were both growling
as fur flew around (some of it Santa's, I afterwards found.)
Our dogs, they both chased him, and the cats jumped in too
- St. Nick grabbed his goodies and went back up the flue.

He leapt on his sleigh, to his team said "Let's book!" And
away they all flew, without a back look.

"No more to your house! It's too wild and too zoo-ish!" That's
okay, we told him - 'cause anyway, we're Jewish.

--
*Carol* http://www.rainy-day-laughter.com ~ Home of Happy
Liederhosen's Hollywood, The Codfather's Punny Movies,

Old December 19th 03, 05:41 PM
Hopitus2

A masterpiece of parodies!

"Rainy" wrote in message
: I wrote this for my personal website http://www.rainy-day-laughter.com
: and thought I'd share it here. Happy holidays, everyone.
:
: ~~
:
[...]
: --
: *Carol* http://www.rainy-day-laughter.com ~ Home of Happy
: Liederhosen's Hollywood, The Codfather's Punny Movies,
: Your Weekly Rainyscope & even more yet. UPDATED FRIDAYS!
: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old December 19th 03, 07:43 PM
Yoj

ROTFL!!!!

--
Joy

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Winter (or Summer) Solstice,
Hogmanay and New Year! If that didn't cover it, Season's Greetings!

Old December 20th 03, 01:29 AM
SUQKRT

Love it!!
Suz
Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

I've learned to not sweat the petty things, and not pet the sweaty things.

Old December 20th 03, 03:03 AM
jmcquown

Rainy wrote:
I wrote this for my personal website http://www.rainy-day-laughter.com
and thought I'd share it here. Happy holidays, everyone.

~~

'Twas the night before Christmas and here in my house, my kitties
were chewing an old catnip mouse. Their food bowls were empty
way back in the kitchen, as the hour approached they call the
bewitchin'.

(snip great verses)

"No more to your house! It's too wild and too zoo-ish!" That's
okay, we told him - 'cause anyway, we're Jewish.

ROFL! I love it Carol!

Jill

Old December 20th 03, 08:22 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

Too good!

Ginger-lyn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

Old December 22nd 03, 02:14 PM
Rainy

Thanks to everyone for the nice praise. Your kind words have
made my week! Thank you.

--
*Carol* http://www.rainy-day-laughter.com ~ Home of Happy
Liederhosen's Hollywood, The Codfather's Punny Movies,
Your Weekly Rainyscope & even more yet ... updated Fridays!
****** People are like boats: the more in a fog they are, the
louder they toot their horns.

Old December 26th 03, 03:29 AM
Kajikit

Rainy saw Sally selling seashells by the seashore and told us all
about it on Fri, 19 Dec 2003 09:44:52 -0600:

I wrote this for my personal website http://www.rainy-day-laughter.com
and thought I'd share it here. Happy holidays, everyone.

(giggles) bravo! Very funny...

--

Karen AKA Kajikit

Here kitty kitty kitty... visit http://www.catslaves.org!