KFC

Old May 2nd 09, 10:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default KFC

I thank you all so much for your kind and supportive posts. I still cannot
believe she is gone.
I have moved on from the storms of weeping and anger to the hopeless stage
when I realise I will not see her again and the guilt of knowing if I
hadn't been in hospital it would not have happened. We all know the
problems she has had with her URTI and how difficult it has been to resolve.
She was still on Bisolven Powder from her own vets to treat it but she was
still sneezing (if that could be called respiratory distress) I suppose it
could.
I find 2 things very surprising. That she deteriorated so badly in the 24
hours after I had been taken to hospital. OK, it's not impossible. I can
accept that.
What is more than impossible is there is a cat rehabilitor that walked past
my house when KFC happened to be outside.
I live on the edge of nowhere. A hundred houses, if that. I am sure I
would know if there was a cat rescuer that lived here that might wander
past.

Anyway, speculating will not bring her back.
I hope I succeeded in giving her a decent retirement in the last 7 years.
It was not the end I wanted for her.

Tweed

Old May 3rd 09, 12:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Christina Websell" wrote:
I thank you all so much for your kind and supportive posts. I still cannot
believe she is gone.
I have moved on from the storms of weeping and anger to the hopeless stage
when I realise I will not see her again and the guilt of knowing if I
hadn't been in hospital it would not have happened.

It was all very unlucky, but she'd already used up about three cats'
worth of luck already getting to the age she was. It's definitely not
your fault. I imagined that it was very hard being a victim of these
circumstances, having to get emergency surgery, then coming back to
find Kitty gone!

Anyway, speculating will not bring her back.
I hope I succeeded in giving her a decent retirement in the last 7 years.
It was not the end I wanted for her.

I think that the most wonderful thing you did for her was to allow her
to remain a kitten. She did whatever she fancied, and she fancied a
lot of things - a collared dove, attention from neighbors, a bit of
sunshine.

Isn't being 120 years old or whatever she was in cat years still
young?? That's what she must've thought. She might have been safe if
she were a more sedentary cat, but she remained spirited and free. It
was like the loss of a veteran explorer on a last trek, and is almost
fitting, in a way.
Old May 3rd 09, 01:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Takayuki wrote:
"Christina Websell" wrote:
[...]

That statement reminded me of my paternal grandfather. He always said
he wanted to die with his boots on. He did just that. He was an
'electrician and was working full time at age 83. Through someone
else's carelessness, he was electrocuted on the job at 83. MLB
Old May 3rd 09, 01:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Takayuki wrote:

"Christina Websell" wrote:

I have moved on from the storms of weeping and anger to the hopeless stage
when I realise I will not see her again and the guilt of knowing if I
hadn't been in hospital it would not have happened.

It was all very unlucky, but she'd already used up about three cats'
worth of luck already getting to the age she was. It's definitely not
your fault.

Listen to this, Tweed - Takayuki knows of what he speaks, and he learned
it the hard way.

Isn't being 120 years old or whatever she was in cat years still
young?? That's what she must've thought. She might have been safe if
she were a more sedentary cat, but she remained spirited and free. It
was like the loss of a veteran explorer on a last trek, and is almost
fitting, in a way.

Wow, that brought tears to my eyes. Beautifully said.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old May 3rd 09, 01:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

wrote:
On May 2, 6:01 pm, MLB wrote:
Takayuki wrote:
"Christina Websell" wrote:
[...]

/good friend electrocuted (tree surgeon) years ago. Not the worst way
go...stops your heart instantly....but very distressing for the
survivors
by its suddenness.

Yes, it happened to my brother too. He was an electrical engineer and
only 53. (Also with his boots on). MLB
Old May 3rd 09, 08:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
[...]

None of us did, Christina. But we are all in awe of the great life you gave
her-- and how much life, fun and companionship there can be in a tiny,
grumpy, elderly cat.

Theresa and Dante

Old May 3rd 09, 08:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected][_2_]

On May 2, 2:39*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

I hope I succeeded in giving her a decent retirement in the last 7 years.

You more than succeeded in that- remember that- not lot of people
would have taken a what 18-year old cat in and at the first sign of
CRF it would have been the end but you didn't give up- how many people
would have roasted chicken for her every night when that was all she
would eat?

Don't blame yourself for being in hospital she could have deterioated
while you were there and okay, it would have been your decision and
you would have been there but it might have happened whether you were
there or not.

I must say I am still puzzled by your neighbour, you say she wouldn't
have been able to see the back door from her place? (Okay I am
starting to get the impression you have about 100 acres? City girl
that I am I don;'t know how big an acre is) so why did she check the
door and close it? Maybe she thought she was being neighbourly

But just remember this.....It's not how it ended, its what went before
and before the end, you gave an old lady a loving home, care when she
needed it, excellent care and lots of it and loads and loads even
shedloades of love

Tweed you done good by KFC

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old May 3rd 09, 10:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected][_2_]

wrote:

What is more than impossible is there is a cat rehabilitor that walked past
my house when KFC happened to be outside.
I live on the edge of nowhere. *A hundred houses, if that. *I am sure I
would know if there was a cat rescuer that lived here that might wander
past.

Yeah I know that's what puzzling me too

Old May 5th 09, 03:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

On May 2, 5:39*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
I thank you all so much for your kind and supportive posts. *I still cannot
believe she is gone.
I have moved on from the storms of weeping and anger to the hopeless stage
when I realise I will not see her again and the guilt of knowing if I
hadn't been in hospital it would not have happened.

In the name of all that is holy, *please* do not blame yourself. You
were sick, and the whole point of going to hospital was so you could
get better; not just for yourself either. Please don't fall into my
trap; I'm the great one for beating myself up with the guilts. You
need your grieving time, we all do--whatever time we need, dependent
upon the individual. But please don't beat yourself up for seeing to
your health.

I want to be KFC when I grow up; and if I God forbid go tonight I want
to come back as your cat. You did right by Kitty! Never doubt it! I
have met people who will take a cat to the SPCA (knowing that in some
communities they will euthanize at any sign of illness) or just ask a
doctor to put the animal down because they don't want the trouble nor
expense of caring for a cat with a chronic condition. Not you, dear
Tweed. You fought like hell for KFC, and in return you and the world
were blessed with an aged, venerable, feisty, cranky old Babcia. An
Auntie Mame, an old bird who did as she pleased in spite of the world.
This Babcia, KFC, is the lady in the famous song who urges us to come
hear the music play, because life is a cabaret, old chum. We were and
remain inspired by this beautiful old granny cat with enough attitude
to fill up a Clydesdale's stature.

Take the time that you need to grieve, and remember we are with you
and love you...but please, please don't beat yourself up.

Blessed be,
Baha

Tweed

Old May 5th 09, 05:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

BfloPolska wrote:

I want to be KFC when I grow up; and if I God forbid go tonight I want
to come back as your cat. You did right by Kitty! Never doubt it! I
have met people who will take a cat to the SPCA (knowing that in some
communities they will euthanize at any sign of illness) or just ask a
doctor to put the animal down because they don't want the trouble nor
expense of caring for a cat with a chronic condition. Not you, dear
Tweed. You fought like hell for KFC, and in return you and the world
were blessed with an aged, venerable, feisty, cranky old Babcia. An
Auntie Mame, an old bird who did as she pleased in spite of the world.
This Babcia, KFC, is the lady in the famous song who urges us to come
hear the music play, because life is a cabaret, old chum. We were and
remain inspired by this beautiful old granny cat with enough attitude
to fill up a Clydesdale's stature.

Wow! I'm not even going to wait for my next life - I want to be KFC
right now! What a great tribute.

--
Joyce ^..^