kidney disease?

Old October 27th 09, 12:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Jannie

Default kidney disease?

On Oct 24, 11:19*am, "cybercat" wrote:

"MLB" wrote in message
cybercat wrote:
"MLB" wrote
She sits in front of me and opens her mouth so I can insert the
eyedropper into the side of her mouth.

Okay, this is about the cutest thing I can imagine. PICS!
sorry, don't have a camera. *MLB

I love it! *You should ask a friend to come over and take some pics. *They
would be priceless.

Yes indeed. I take video with my cell phont of Gracie doing pretty much
nothing.

LOL, too funny...........do you make your relatives watch her videos,
too (I do!)
Old October 27th 09, 01:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Jannie" wrote
LOL, too funny...........do you make your relatives watch her videos,
too (I do!)

YES! haha! I talk stupid to her, you know, "ohhhh, look at the beautiful
girrrrrl ..." and like that, and so she preens as they do when you talk that
way. Every morning when I make coffee, I turn around while it is brewing and
she is on her back, rolling around, doing the inchworm thing where they pull
themselves in a circle on carpeting, pausing to groom, then lying on her
side and chasing her tail. The more I talk the more she "performs." I showed
my aunt, now 90, last time I visited her in Va and very seriously she asked,
"what does your husband think about you filming your cat?" It's
hilarious. I say stuff like, "ooohhhh, look at all those stripes!

Old October 28th 09, 11:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Me[_6_]

"FirstHit" wrote in message
On Oct 23, 1:11 pm, "cybercat" wrote:
"Me" meatacmewidgetsdotcom wrote in message

diainc...

Mrs. Slocombe has had kidney problems since she was three in 2003. It's
gotten worse. The vet said it was moderate. She recommended essentially
the same regimen. Water, NF wet cat food - a kidney formula.

Does anyone have any tricks to get the little beast to drink extra water
or
know of any supplements? Thanks

Someone told me that cats will drink more if you have lots of water bowls
around, something about it attracts them and it is true. I can tell Gracie
is drinking more because of the number and size of the pee balls in the
litter.

Additionally, some cats like to drink *running* water (from a
Drinkwell you can get at the pet store or from the sink). During the
final stages of my cat's kidney disease, I used the Drinkwell and also
held my cat up to the sink several times during the day. The extra
bowls helped my cat too.

FirstHit

They've been drinking out of a running water dish for a long time. We
bought another one a few days ago for the bathroom. The bathtub was just
remodeled and now there's no faucet in it and the drain is in the center so
there's no water for them to lap up. The shower conversion hasn't helped
but I doubt that it's the cause.

We've added the water whoozer as above and have started to add a tablespoon
of water to the dish. I think she's just getting old. It was that constant
plaintive meowing that came from nowhere that concerned me.that