Sibling Rivalry :o)

Old February 9th 05, 03:45 PM
Gabey8

Default Sibling Rivalry :o)

Captain and Stanley get along wonderfully. "Inseparable" is not too strong
of a term. They stalk one another, chase each other, groom each other, and
use one another for pillows at nap time. Sometimes they cooperate when
attacking the fishing-pole toy, There's one that's got a long fuzzy cloth
ribbon on the end, and sometimes they'll attack opposite ends of the
ribbon so they can share the burden of "killing" their prey.

And yet, sibling rivalry still makes an appearance now and then. Take this
morning. The cats stay in the basement during the workday -- there's
plenty of room to play, and nothing for them to damage or get hurt on
while Mark and I are at work. They spend the night down there, too, for
the same reasons.

So this morning, I went down to check on them. I got greeted at the cellar
door by Stanley, whom I picked up and doted on. He was all happy and
purred away.

Captain happened along a few moments later, but my hands were already
full, so his morning dote had to wait.

Now, normally, when one is carrying a cat and said kitty starts to look at
the floor, that's their signal that they want to get down. So when I
noticed Stanley looking down, I thought he wanted to be put back down.

Then I realized he WASN'T looking at the floor. He was looking at CAPTAIN.
Stanley kept watching his brother to make sure Captain could see that he
was getting cuddled and doted on.

I burst out laughing. )

And, of course, when I was finished fussing over Stanley, the next thing I
did was scoop Captain up for HIS morning dote session.

Cats. LMHO.

Donna and the two attention sponges known as Captain and Stanley

Old February 9th 05, 03:57 PM
Holly

Hi Donna,
Sasha and Pheniox do this alot too.
When on is getting dotted on the other one knows it and will come
wanting hers to. Then there is usually a fight as to who has the right
to be in Mommys arms.

Old February 9th 05, 03:58 PM
Kreisleriana

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 10:45:28 -0500, "Gabey8" gabey8-@-aol-dot-com
(formerly dgabriel-at-netaxs-dot-com) yodeled:

[...]

Haw! "Nyah nyah!"

Theresa
Old February 9th 05, 05:16 PM
Melissa Houle

SNIP
Captain happened along a few moments later, but my hands were already
full, so his morning dote had to wait.

Now, normally, when one is carrying a cat and said kitty starts to look

at
the floor, that's their signal that they want to get down. So when I
noticed Stanley looking down, I thought he wanted to be put back down.

Then I realized he WASN'T looking at the floor. He was looking at

CAPTAIN.
Stanley kept watching his brother to make sure Captain could see that he
was getting cuddled and doted on.

I burst out laughing. )

And, of course, when I was finished fussing over Stanley, the next thing

did was scoop Captain up for HIS morning dote session.

Cats. LMHO.

Haw! "Nyah nyah!"

Theresa

"See?? Mommy likes ME best....."

LOL

Melissa

Old February 9th 05, 05:54 PM
SuzQ

LOL kids (kits actually), What's a mother to do? They sound like they're
settling in.
Suz

Not a nice sibling moment Seanette Blaylock Cat anecdotes 7 January 1st 05 11:00 PM
Sibling jealousy Marina Cat anecdotes 1 December 22nd 04 06:45 PM
Introducing a new cat, after the death of sibling??? CES Cat health & behaviour 15 January 20th 04 05:58 PM
Advice Needed: Sibling rivalry KKat Cat anecdotes 15 January 3rd 04 07:57 PM