Cats in the garden

Old April 21st 05, 08:18 PM
wafflycat

Default Cats in the garden

We've had a lovely sunny day here at Chateau Simmons. Indeed it's been
warmer outside than in the house. So I opened the dining room doors to the
garden and three cats have spent the afternoon suning themselves on the
grass, chasing mousies and frogs on the banks of the stream and climbing the
trees in a discreet fashion to try to fool the birds... No birds were fooled
;-)
I cycled off to Weigh****chers tonight and discovered just how good two
freshly-caught mousies were for me - I lost 4.5lbs this week, undoubtedly
due to Waffles medicinal offerings. So since middle of December 04 I've lost
57 lbs and counting!

Cheers, helen s

Old April 21st 05, 08:21 PM
CatNipped

"wafflycat" wafflesATv21netDOTcoDOTuk wrote in message
We've had a lovely sunny day here at Chateau Simmons. Indeed it's been
warmer outside than in the house. So I opened the dining room doors to the
garden and three cats have spent the afternoon suning themselves on the
grass, chasing mousies and frogs on the banks of the stream and climbing
the trees in a discreet fashion to try to fool the birds... No birds were
fooled ;-)
I cycled off to Weigh****chers tonight and discovered just how good two
freshly-caught mousies were for me - I lost 4.5lbs this week, undoubtedly
due to Waffles medicinal offerings. So since middle of December 04 I've
lost 57 lbs and counting!

Cheers, helen s

*Good* for you Helen! That's amazing weight-loss, especially late-on in the
diet (usually the first few week you lose a lot but it's mostly
water-weight).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 21st 05, 08:25 PM
wafflycat

"CatNipped" wrote in message

*Good* for you Helen! That's amazing weight-loss, especially late-on in
the diet (usually the first few week you lose a lot but it's mostly
water-weight).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Ta muchly ;-) I think the combination of healthy eating with strict portion
control combined with regular exercise is keeping the metabolism boosted.
One thing I'm pleased about is the lack of surplus skin having lost 57lbs.
You know it's one of the problems of losing a lot of weight - the saggy
skin. So far I'm extremely lucky with a lot, lot less than I thought there'd
be considering I'm a middle-aged old fart ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Old April 21st 05, 08:56 PM
CatNipped

"CatNipped" wrote in message

*Good* for you Helen! That's amazing weight-loss, especially late-on in
the diet (usually the first few week you lose a lot but it's mostly
water-weight).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Ta muchly ;-) I think the combination of healthy eating with strict
portion control combined with regular exercise is keeping the metabolism
boosted. One thing I'm pleased about is the lack of surplus skin having
lost 57lbs. You know it's one of the problems of losing a lot of weight -
the saggy skin. So far I'm extremely lucky with a lot, lot less than I
thought there'd be considering I'm a middle-aged old fart ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Tell me about it! After my recent weight I look like a Sherpe' (sp? - you
know those really wrinkly d*gs??)! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 21st 05, 10:26 PM
polonca12000

That's amazing! Congrats!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

Old April 22nd 05, 01:11 AM
Katz

wafflycat wrote:
[...]

My girls have been enjoying the good weather too. They're out on the
deck a lot.

Congrats to you on all the good work!

Katz

Old April 22nd 05, 01:30 AM
Annie Wxill

"wafflycat" wafflesATv21netDOTcoDOTuk wrote in message
..... So since middle of December 04 I've lost
57 lbs and counting!
Cheers, helen s

Congratulations! Is it easier to pedal the bike?
Annie

Old April 22nd 05, 01:41 AM
mlbriggs

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 17:11:28 -0700, Katz wrote:

wafflycat wrote:
[...]

What have you NOT been eating? Congratulations!

Old April 22nd 05, 03:35 AM
badwilson

wafflycat wrote:
We've had a lovely sunny day here at Chateau Simmons. Indeed it's

been
warmer outside than in the house. So I opened the dining room doors
to the garden and three cats have spent the afternoon suning
themselves on the grass, chasing mousies and frogs on the banks of
the stream and climbing the trees in a discreet fashion to try to
fool the birds... No birds were fooled ;-)
I cycled off to Weigh****chers tonight and discovered just how good
two freshly-caught mousies were for me - I lost 4.5lbs this week,
undoubtedly due to Waffles medicinal offerings. So since middle of
December 04 I've lost 57 lbs and counting!

Cheers, helen s

Excellent, Helen! Congrats :-)
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown