Purrs for Weeble, please.

Old December 1st 03, 11:19 AM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Default Purrs for Weeble, please.

I know this is routine surgery, but could I get some purrs for Weeble as he
goes in for neutering today. I drop him off in less than 2 hours, and I
miss him already. His vaccination lump is almost gone (not that it ever
bothered him anyway), for those of you that want to know.

TIA for the purrs.

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old December 1st 03, 12:07 PM
Stacey

Isn't he too young???????? He's younger than Moogie, and he's only 3 months!
My vet said 10 months old!!

Stacey

"Magic Mood Jeep©" wrote in message
I know this is routine surgery, but could I get some purrs for Weeble as

he
goes in for neutering today. I drop him off in less than 2 hours, and I
miss him already. His vaccination lump is almost gone (not that it ever
bothered him anyway), for those of you that want to know.

TIA for the purrs.

--
The ONE and ONLY

former-blonde

Old December 1st 03, 12:25 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

All vets disagree on that. Weeble is 3.5 months old, and some vets will do
spay/neuter at 2 months (8 weeks). Most vets will say 6 months is the norm,
since that's when females *can* start reproducing, and with males you want
to get them *before* the hormones kick in and they start spraying. I
suppose there are some vets that go by the size/weight more than the age
(Weebs has always been a bit on the big side, probably a result of getting
fed everytime he peeped - while he was still nursing).

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©
http://www.geocities.com/the_magic_mood_jeep/

.. .

Old December 1st 03, 01:04 PM
Christine Burel

Purrs for the Weebster to help him today with TED visit. Very glad to hear
about his lump diminishing, too!
Christine

Old December 1st 03, 02:04 PM
Victor Martinez

Purrs on the way! Our boys Fez and Rufous just had theirs a few weeks
ago, so they're sending extra-special purrs.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old December 1st 03, 02:05 PM
Victor Martinez

Stacey wrote:
Isn't he too young???????? He's younger than Moogie, and he's only 3 months!
My vet said 10 months old!!

10 months might be too much... he'll probably start spraying at 7 or 8.
Once he learns how to spray, neutering will not stop him. I'd get a
second opinion. 6 months is the usual age, but it can be done as early
as 8 weeks (it's got to do with their weight, actually).

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old December 1st 03, 02:30 PM
Marina

"Victor Martinez" wrote

10 months might be too much... he'll probably start spraying at 7 or 8.
Once he learns how to spray, neutering will not stop him. I'd get a
second opinion. 6 months is the usual age, but it can be done as early
as 8 weeks (it's got to do with their weight, actually).

I know no-one wants o take chances, but I just had to mention that Frank was
13 months old when he was fixed, and he never sprayed once in his life. Not
even on the island, where there were other cats.

--
Marina

Old December 1st 03, 02:31 PM
Marina

"Magic Mood Jeep©" wrote
I know this is routine surgery, but could I get some purrs for Weeble as

he
goes in for neutering today. I drop him off in less than 2 hours, and I
miss him already. His vaccination lump is almost gone (not that it ever
bothered him anyway), for those of you that want to know.

Many purrs for the poor baby. He'll surely milk it for all it's worth when
he gets home. ;o)

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old December 1st 03, 02:46 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

"Marina" wrote in message

"Magic Mood Jeep©" wrote
I know this is routine surgery, but could I get some purrs for Weeble as

he
goes in for neutering today. I drop him off in less than 2 hours, and I
miss him already. His vaccination lump is almost gone (not that it ever
bothered him anyway), for those of you that want to know.

Many purrs for the poor baby. He'll surely milk it for all it's worth when
he gets home. ;o)

That would be typical of a *male*

Old December 1st 03, 04:11 PM
TJ and The Dust

Dusty was done at 8 weeks. He found us at the Humane Society and their policy
is that the animal cannot come home with you until they are snipped and tucked.
Dusty chose us on Tuesday, he was scheduled for the surgery on Wednesday and we
picked him up around 5pm that day. Brought him home and he took over,
terrorized the fish in the tank. You would never have guessed he just had
surgery. He was the energizer bunny. And yes I believe it does have to do with
their weight, Dust was a big boy even at 8 weeks.

TJ

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
.. .