Some Purrs for Pan, Please

Old December 13th 05, 06:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Some Purrs for Pan, Please

Hi all,

Well, I took Pan to the Vet yesterday for what I thought would be a
basic bloodtest to check his medication levels. The vet came out of
the back shortly after and said he had Pan on subcutaneous fluid as he
was dehydrated, but also said he feared Pan's kidneys are failing. More
is happening to this cat that just managing his thyroid tumor. Pan did
seem to perk up a bit after his fluids, and I'm waiting to hear from
the vet about the blood test results from yesterday. (Probably won't
hear until this evening, as the results have to come back from the
lab.)

If Pan's kidneys are going, I can't put him through pointless
suffering even though I'm far from ready to say goodbye to him. Like
Marina, I can't put my beloved old companion through a miserable time
just to hold onto him longer. If he has to go, let his end be gentle.
He too is very thin, these days, and now I understand what Marina meant
about "weariness in his eyes" when she was referring to Frank. So,
whatever purrs you can spare for my dear old hus-cat will be
appreciated.

Melissa

Old December 13th 05, 06:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2005-12-13, Shiral penned:
Hi all,

[...]

Purrs for Pan, and for you, too.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old December 13th 05, 06:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Dear Melissa,
Best wishes for you and Pan.
I can't send any purrs as my purrer, Hugo Katt, went to the bridge 2 weeks
ago.
I know so well what you are going through.I hope it will not be too bad.
When I have read about Pan I have always thought that he must look a lot
like my dear Hugo.
Hugs, Elisabet

Old December 13th 05, 06:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Shiral" wrote

If Pan's kidneys are going, I can't put him through pointless
suffering even though I'm far from ready to say goodbye to him. Like
Marina, I can't put my beloved old companion through a miserable time
just to hold onto him longer. If he has to go, let his end be gentle.
He too is very thin, these days, and now I understand what Marina meant
about "weariness in his eyes" when she was referring to Frank. So,
whatever purrs you can spare for my dear old hus-cat will be
appreciated.

Empathetic purrs for an easy,dignified and painless passage for the dear old
guy if it is sadly necessary. Purrs that he has a while yet of quality life
so you can spoil him & prepare for the day of parting.

Gordon & the FF

Old December 13th 05, 06:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 13 Dec 2005 10:09:45 -0800, "Shiral"
yodeled:

[...]

Oh my, my dear. All these dear old friends. I can't stand it. Big
time purrs for sweet Unka Pan to rally around, and have some more good
times.

Melissa

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old December 13th 05, 06:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Shiral wrote:
[...]

Lots of purrs for Pan.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old December 13th 05, 06:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:09:45 -0800, Shiral wrote:

[...]

Many sincere purrs for Pan. When his time to go to the Bridge arrivrs,
may his crossing be peaceful. I hope he will look up my Princess to say
hello. MLB

Old December 13th 05, 07:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Purrs and prayers for Pan. Keep us updated.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
"Shiral" wrote in message
[...]

Multi-purpose purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 22 November 23rd 04 02:16 PM
Purrs for Rosie Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 137 October 15th 04 11:36 AM
Truck Purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 18 October 5th 04 02:40 PM
Travel purrs Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 33 August 13th 04 06:00 PM
Purrs for Lacey Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 25 November 19th 03 05:20 AM