[catslaves] Eve

Old September 13th 04, 07:48 PM
Julie Cook

Default [catslaves] Eve

I'm heartbroken for Gracie, Jodi and Abi and all of their extended
family. Like so many others I remember when Eve was conceived and born.
At that time there was a fairly large group of us that would IM until
way too late in the night or morning depending on our location. The
longer we were online the more personal some of the conversations became
and we were there the night Gracie was certain she conceived Eve. Of
course we all chalked it up to the margaritas but Gracie was right. She
was pregnant. The day Eve was born we were all online waiting for
someone to learn the news. I decided to call the hospital and see if we
could learn anything. I asked for Gracie's condition and they said
they'd put me through to her room. I had no idea they'd put me through
to the birthing room! Gracie's mom answered the phone and told me
Gracie couldn't come to the phone because Eve had just begun to present.
I told her to get off the phone and go welcome her new grand baby!
Later we got the call that Eve had arrived and we all rejoiced together.

Today we all cry together as we send Eve on her journey. I can see her
now on little chubby, two-year old legs at the Bridge, leaning over from
her waist to touch an abandoned kitten that didn't have its own true
slave. Now the kitten and Eve are united and together will step over
the Bridge into their new lives.

Simply devastated at the news,
Julie

ps: On a cat note, I called the funeral home for a recommendation of a
florist. When I ordered flowers the person taking the order didn't
blink an eye when I had them write on the card "Sending prayers and purrs".

Old September 14th 04, 02:16 AM
Takayuki

Julie Cook wrote:

I'm heartbroken for Gracie, Jodi and Abi and all of their extended
family. Like so many others I remember when Eve was conceived and born.

I was too stunned to post and read for about a day. Eve was a big
event. It was a good warmup for other barekittens, like the Yowlet.
I know Grace loved Eve so very much.

Old September 15th 04, 03:14 PM
Adrian

Julie Cook wrote:
[...]

Your post has started me crying again. I can't imagine what Grace and
her family must feel.
--
Adrian