Census. Please respond.

Old June 10th 08, 06:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
22brix

Default Census. Please respond.

Current cats:

Clover
Male
DLH, manx
Black and white
12+ years
Abandoned on our property

Hailey
Male
DLH, manx
"sealpoint" coloring
10 yrs
Neighbors stopped feeding their cats, including Hailey--he was about 6 or 8
weeks at the time! Brother to my RB kitty Tortle.

Gollum
Male
DSH
jet black
6 yrs
Originally very feral kitten--caught him with his sister with the intention
of "fixing" both of them and re-releasing them onto our property. They were
already 5 months or so and we thought they'd be too feral to tame. . . Now
I am blessed with two incredibly sweet love-bugs 6 yrs later.

Linden
Female
DSH
Silver and black tabby
6 yrs
Originally very feral--sister to Gollum.

Sophie
Female
DLH
Black and white tuxedo
4 yrs +
Abandoned on our property

Zorro (feral)
Male
DSH
Black
Age??
Feral but would loves dogs (I don't understand this one!) I feed him and he
helps keep the rodent population down.

RB kitties

Tortle (RB)
Female, DSH, tortoiseshell, 9 yrs, abandoned by neighhbors and sister to
Hailey, acute kidney failure

Molly (Molly McGee) (RB)
Female, DHS manx, grey and white, 17+, "gifted" to us by another neighbor,
CRF and old age

Pandora (RB)
Female, Siamese mix, sealpoint, 16+ yrs, local animal rescue, cancer

Sam (Samson or sweet Sam) (RB)
Male, DSH, brown, 3 or 4 yrs, abandoned by neighbors, heartworm

Lorien (RB)
Female, DLH, "lynx point siamese" coloring, 16+yrs, from a co-worker, sister
to Sindar, old age

Cheyenne (RB)
Male, DSH, Siamese mix, lilac point? with white mustache, 3yrs, friend,
Feline leukemia

Sindar (RB)
Male, DLH, grey, 5 yrs, from a co-worker, feline leukemia, brother to Lorien

L.C. (Little Cat) RB
Female, Siamese mix, sealpoint, 1 yr, she found her way into our house
through the cat door and stayed! Severe infection.

Sierra (RB)
Male, Siamese mix, sealpoint, 6 months, neighbor, hit by car

Me
Female
50-55
April
California, USA
Current cats: 5 (+1 feral)
Most cats: 7 (not counting the ferals outside!)
How long with RPCA: 6 months (mostly lurking)
How found: Checking out cat groups

Old June 10th 08, 06:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Jun 5, 11:54*pm, "Yowie" wrote:
As Kyla pointed out, its been a long time since we did a census here in
RPCA.

Current cats
For each cat, please answer:

It will look like I keep most of my foster cats, but I really
haven't. I frequently
foster litters of kittens and have fostered about 250 cats/kittens in
the past 6
years. Most were short term. Thank God I didn't keep them all. At
this point in my life I will never again keep an easily adoptable
cat. I love a challenge :-)
and those easily adoptable ones don't need me.

Name: Daisy
Gender: female
Breed: DSH
Colour: buff tabby and white
Age: 9 y
Source of cat: adopted her at a cat show

Name: Anna
Gender: female
Breed: DLH
Colour: black and white tux
Age: 9 y
Source of cat: fostered her. She was very shy since she seemed
comfortable with me and got along with Daisy, I decided to keep her.

Name: Sabrina
Gender: female
Breed: DSH
Colour: dilute calico, mostly white
Age: 4 y
Source of cat: fostered her. She had a lot of health problems and had
to have several surgeries. I couldn't give her up after all that
that.

Name: Patty
Gender: female
Breed: DSH
Colour: mostly white with some grey spots.
Age: 4 y
Source of cat: fostered her. She was very shy since, even with me.
She is a beautiful sweet cat, but fearful. She fit in fine with my
gang and we accept
her as she is. She gives what she can.

Name: Patience
Gender: female
Breed: DLH
Colour: black with a grey chest
Age: 15* y
Source of cat: fostered her. She has kidney failure and is a big
grumpy
girl and just fit right in.

Name: Sammy
Gender: male
Breed: DSH
Colour: brown tabby
Age: 10* y
Source of cat: permanent foster.
He has kidney failure and FIV. I was
told he had 3 weeks to 3 months left....and it has been 5 months. He
is still having a good quality of life, although he gets fluids. He
will
be with me for the rest of his life, although SPCA pays his medical
bills.

~ ~ ~ Rainbow Bridge

Whe RB
Name: Claire
Gender: female
Breed: DSH
Colour: black and white tux
Source of cat: Adopted from SPCA
Age if went to RB: 8* months
Cause of going to RB: developed FIP and sent to RB when her quality
of life became bad.

Whe RB
Name: Alex
Gender: male
Breed: DSH
Colour: black with striped undercoat
Source of cat: Adopted from shelter
Age if went to RB: 16 years
Cause of going to RB: Had a stroke and passed on next day.

Whe RB
Name: Jazzy
Gender: female
Breed: DSH
Colour: tortie
Source of cat: Adopted from shelter
Age if went to RB: 6 years
Cause of going to RB: Hit by a car.

About us:

Gender: female
Your age: 53
Birthday month: June
Location : Falls Church, VA, USA
Number of cats you are slave to at the moment: 6
Maximum number of cats you've had at any one time: I foster a lot.
The most
I ever had in the house at once was 12. The most I've ever had of my
own is
now - 6 cats.
How long have you been with RPCA?: Wow, I really don't know. Many
years. At least 10 I think
(If you can remember) How did you find RPCA?: cruising the news
groups

Debbie Berry

Old June 10th 08, 07:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

Sorry, forgot the other part:

Gender: Male
Your age: 50-54
Birthday month: October
Location (state, country): Iowa, US
Number of cats you are slave to at the moment: 6
Maximum number of cats you've had at any one time: 6
How long have you been with RPCA?: Not sure. 6 years?
(If you can remember) How did you find RPCA?: Googling for cat care ideas
Old June 10th 08, 08:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

"lewe" wrote

| Name: Thea a.k.a. the grey one
| Gender: female
| Breed: Abyssinian
| Colour: ruddy
| Age: 10 (b Dec 4 1997)
| Source of cat: rescue of breeder (well, she was driving them crazy,
razing
| around and playing together with mum ...)
|
| Name: Bono a.k.a. the red one
| Gender: male
| Breed: Abyssinian
| Colour: sorrel Age: 10 (b Feb 1 1998)
| Source of cat: same breeder as with Thea

Abyssinians are wonderful.... I recommend anyone who needs a(nother) cat to
try and get one. Subscribe to the Aby rescue group on Yahoo and you will get
notices when rescues become available.

Old June 10th 08, 09:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

Yowie wrote:
As Kyla pointed out, its been a long time since we did a census here in
RPCA.

Current cats:

Name: Otis
Gender: Male
Colour: Grey and white Siamese cross
Age: 12 yo
Source of cat: Local shelter where he reached his paws outside his cage
and hung onto me until I submitted

Name: Chester
Gender: Male
Colour: Brown tabby with white medium hair
Age: 12 yo
Source of cat: Local shelter where we waved the single-cat-only house
cats at him while he yawned at their antics. He had to be able to
tolerate Otis, the alpha-cat.

RB cat:
Name: Scamp
Gender: Male
Age: 3 yo
Source of cat: Local shelter
What happened: Dad took him to a farm??

Gender: Female
Age: 40-45
Birthday month: November (scorpio)
Location: Canada
# of cats: 2
Max # of cats: 2
How long RPCA: since 1998
How found RPCA: surfing ng for cat related groups
Old June 10th 08, 10:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Wayne Mitchell" wrote in message
About us:

Gender: Male
Your age: 60-64
Birthday month: August
Location (state, country): Maine, USA
Number of cats you are slave to at the moment: 2
Maximum number of cats you've had at any one time: As an adult, 2; as a
child, sometimes more than a dozen barn cats.
How long have you been with RPCA?: 3 years
How did you find RPCA?: Went to RPCH+B to ask about treatments for
Will's asthma; told an anecdote and got banished to RPCA. :-)
--

Wayne M.

But Wayne, WE LIKE you here. You can tell us stories about your owners any
time. Your cats can even tell stories about you if they want.

Pam S. who isn't too picky as long as meowchat isn't used

Old June 11th 08, 03:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Wayne Mitchell wrote:
How did you find RPCA?: Went to RPCH+B to ask about treatments for
Will's asthma; told an anecdote and got banished to RPCA. :-)

Oh, what a horrible fate - banished from rpch+b to rpca.

Old June 11th 08, 04:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 13:54:41 +1000, "Yowie"
wrote:

As Kyla pointed out, its been a long time since we did a census here in
RPCA.

So, here's the census questions (all are, naturally, entirely voluntary and
you don't have to answer all of them). They're in three sections: current
cats, cats that are no longer with us, and about us.

(Please note that if you don't want to put your individual details up on the
group, but would like to have you data included in the final compilation,
you can e-mail me (remove the spam trap). I promise not to publish any data
that can be traced back to any one individual)
~~~

Current cats
For each cat, please answer:

Name: Kenzie
Gender: Spayed female
Breed: DSH
Colour: Calico
Age: 12.5 years
Source of cat: Adopted from family whose young child developed asthma.
Referred by local no kill shelter.

~ ~ ~

We also don't want to forget the cats that are no longer with us. Feel
free
to list any other cats you have been slave to:

Whe Rainbow Bridge
Name: Lucky
Gender: Spayed female
Breed: DSH
Colour: Tuxedo
Source of cat: My first cat; given to me by a friend at work, who was
moving to a condo that didn't allow pets
Cause of going to RB: Unknown; went to Bridge after TED visit for high
fever. Age (16 - 17) certainly a factor.

Whe Rainbow Bridge
Name: Blizzard
Gender: Spayed female
Breed: DMH
Colour: White with green eyes.
Source of cat: Newspaper ad for white kittens(!)
Cause of going to RB: Unknown; went to Bridge after loss of appetite and
activity. Went to RB before TED visit. Age (18) certainly a factor.

~ ~ ~

About us:

Gender: Male
Your age: 50-59
Birthday month: September
Location: Minnesota, USA
Number of cats you are slave to at the moment: 1
Maximum number of cats you've had at any one time: 2
How long have you been with RPCA?: About 8 years(?)
(If you can remember) How did you find RPCA?: Looking for cat related
USENET newsgroup(s).
Old June 11th 08, 06:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
lewe[_2_]

"Pat" wrote in message
et...

"lewe" wrote

| Name: Thea a.k.a. the grey one
| Gender: female
| Breed: Abyssinian
| Colour: ruddy
| Age: 10 (b Dec 4 1997)
| Source of cat: rescue of breeder (well, she was driving them crazy,
razing
| around and playing together with mum ...)
|
| Name: Bono a.k.a. the red one
| Gender: male
| Breed: Abyssinian
| Colour: sorrel Age: 10 (b Feb 1 1998)
| Source of cat: same breeder as with Thea

Abyssinians are wonderful.... I recommend anyone who needs a(nother) cat
try and get one. Subscribe to the Aby rescue group on Yahoo and you will
get
notices when rescues become available.

yep, wonderful little monkeys! =)
Lena

Old June 11th 08, 11:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

"lewe" wrote in message

| "Pat" wrote
| Abyssinians are wonderful.... I recommend anyone who needs a(nother) cat
| try and get one. Subscribe to the Aby rescue group on Yahoo and you will
| get
| notices when rescues become available.
|
| yep, wonderful little monkeys! =)
| Lena