Some things too funny not to post

Old August 8th 10, 09:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_3_]

Default Some things too funny not to post

On Sun, 08 Aug 2010 11:35:10 -0500, Granby wrote:

I read this and don't know how to post link things but it is too funny
not to share.

Assuming the item is on a web page open in your browser, and that you are
using Windows: mark the URL in the Location bar at the top of the window,
then press Ctrl + C (or right click on the selected text and click on
"Copy"). Then, in your news reader, place the cursor where you want the
URL to go and press Ctrl + V (or right click and click on "Paste").

Some news services won't let you post a complete link in an original
message - if yours is one of those, select the "http://" part and press
the "Delete" key (or right click and select "Delete") - most modern
browsers are OK with that when you copy/paste it into the Location field
and hit Enter.

If the URL is very long, while it is still in the clipboard, go to http://
tinyurl.com/ and paste the long URL into the "Enter a long URL to make
tiny" field and click "Make TinyURL". When the page returns, copy/paste
the new (short) URL from the page into the message (it begins "http://
tinyurl.com/"). Remember to strip the "http://" part if that is needed.

You could also use the preview TinyURL - when launched, it shows what the
original (long) URL was before you go there. Most people who care about
that know to insert "preview" in any TinyURL to get the preview page, or
they have TinyURL's preview feature enabled on their browser (it leaves a
cookie).

If you put the URL inside (< > for HTML newsreaders that trashed
the raw characters) it becomes a hot link in some less secure and less
standard newsreaders (usenet is a text medium, but some vendors insist on
treating it as broken HTML).

--
Ted Davis )
Old August 8th 10, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karla

"Sherry" wrote in message
(snip)
Frank's still pretty feisty for a 69-year-old. I think at the very
least he ought
to get a Senior discount at the vet's and at Petsmart, don't you?

Sherry

I think you're on to something with a Senior discount at the vets (the pet
being the senior). That would be a great way to bring in new business and a
huge help to people who want to give their pets proper health care but are
just stretched too tight right now. It wouldn't have to be a huge discount,
it could even be something like a free wellness check for seniors and
discounted lab fees with a small percentage off of the almost always needed
ongoing care.

I know I am always grateful for any discount I receive.
Karla

Old August 8th 10, 10:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Aug 8, 4:15*pm, "karla" wrote:
"Sherry" wrote in message

(snip)
Frank's still pretty feisty for a 69-year-old. I think at the very
least he ought
to get a Senior discount at the vet's and at Petsmart, don't you?

Sherry

I think you're on to something with a Senior discount at the vets (the pet
being the senior). *That would be a great way to bring in new business and a
huge help to people who want to give their pets proper health care but are
just stretched too tight right now. *It wouldn't have to be a huge discount,
it could even be something like a free wellness check for seniors and
discounted lab fees with a small percentage off of the almost always needed
ongoing care.

I know *I am always grateful for any discount I receive.
Karla

Yes, I think so too! It would also be a cute gimmick. Lord knows
senior
pets can be the most expensive. The "senior blood panel" is over a
hundred dollars, IIRC. Even 5% would help!
Sherry
Old August 8th 10, 10:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

we get a ten percent
"multiple cat" discount and she is very generous with cost saving advice
over the phone, when barbi scraped her leg somehow, instead of insisting we
bring her in, she said get xxx use it for thre days twice a day if it
improves keep doing it, if not improved then bring her in... Lee

Old August 11th 10, 01:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

hopitus wrote:
Did I mention my cat is a ragdoll and breakdances?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPodSgCV5xQ

This is like, the happiest cat.
Old August 11th 10, 07:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Takayuki wrote:

hopitus wrote:
Did I mention my cat is a ragdoll and breakdances?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPodSgCV5xQ

This is like, the happiest cat.

LOL! Somehow I missed this when Hops posted it. That's so cute.

Joyce

--
I don't know that I will ever trust again
It's a price I must pay for all my sins
Old August 11th 10, 10:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

hopitus wrote:

?
?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPodSgCV5xQ

? This is like, the happiest cat.

LOL! Somehow I missed this when Hops posted it. That's so cute.

Joyce

Just in case no one noticed or realized.....these 'hood cat nuts
did not make poor kitty perform for that whole short vid...there was
cutting, splicing, and other enhancement vid work done to lengthen
duration of kitty's breakdance gig. Happy kitty no doubt.

I could see that. In fact, it made me wonder whether it made the cat's
movements seem more dramatic than they really were. But it was still
fun to watch.

Joyce
--
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me,
for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me
Old August 13th 10, 01:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Granby wrote:
Didn't mean to offend anyone, for all the world, I didn't. Just saw this
and thought the way things in this world are going found it not be out of
the realm of possibility. Sorry, funny thing gone bad.
"Cheryl P." wrote in message
Stormmee wrote:
excellent, Lee
"Granby" wrote in message
I read this and don't know how to post link things but it is too funny
not to share.

This morning I went to sign my Cats up for welfare. At first the lady
said,
"Cats are not eligible to draw welfare." So I explained to her that my
Cats
are mixed in color, unemployed, lazy, can't speak English and have no
frigging
clue who their Daddy's are. They expect me to feed them, provide them
with
housing and medical care. So she looked in her policy book to see what
it takes
to qualify. My Cats get their first checks Friday.

Damn, this is a great country

I do see the intended point of the joke, but....my cats are hard-working
mouse-frighteners, and quite healthy; unlike the people I know best who
are on our equivalent of welfare. They are quite unable to work due to
serious, chronic and in one case, terminal illnesses.

Yes, we have our layabouts and frauds, but still...

One of friends on whatever you want to call that type of government
assistance will very likely get more bad news when she sees her doctor -
paid for, like mine, by our health care system - next week, and perhaps
that's why the 'joke' kind of hit me the wrong way.

--
Cheryl P.

Don't worry about it Granby. For every five people I've known who
needed the help, I've known one who played the system. It happens with
grants and loans in colleges too.

Pam S
Old August 13th 10, 01:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Sherry wrote:
On Aug 8, 11:35 am, "Granby" wrote:
I read this and don't know how to post link things but it is too funny not
to share.

This morning I went to sign my Cats up for welfare. At first the lady said,
"Cats are not eligible to draw welfare." So I explained to her that my Cats
are mixed in color, unemployed, lazy, can't speak English and have no
frigging
clue who their Daddy's are. They expect me to feed them, provide them with
housing and medical care. So she looked in her policy book to see what it
takes
to qualify. My Cats get their first checks Friday.

Damn, this is a great country

Well, I kind of think of my cats as little furry children with speech
impediments.
Or at least that's how I tend to treat them, so getting a job would be
out
of the question for them. However, if Frank *had* been gainfully
employed
he would now be eligible for Social Security pension, since he is 69
years
old. See your cat's age in human years:
http://www.cat-world.com.au/cat-age-calculator

Frank's still pretty feisty for a 69-year-old. I think at the very
least he ought
to get a Senior discount at the vet's and at Petsmart, don't you?

Sherry

OMG according to this Tanada is 88 years and 8 months. She turns 18
next month.

Pam S.
Old August 13th 10, 03:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 20:55:28 -0400, tanadashoes wrote:

Don't worry about it Granby. For every five people I've known who
needed the help, I've known one who played the system. It happens with
grants and loans in colleges too.

Pam S

When I was still in southern CA the ratio was the reverse. For every five
people I knew who were collecting welfare, only one really needed it, the
rest were playing the system. A few people I knew who could have used the
assistance and were qualified for it refused to apply for it just because
of the overwhelming percentage of recipients in our part of the state who
were abusing the system.

I suppose it's probably a geographic thing to some degree. In central
Iowa it appeared that not nearly as much abuse of the welfare system was
going on.

These are all observations based upon a very small segment of the
population, so they might also be completely inaccurate.

Dan

They know things Cheryl Cat anecdotes 7 January 27th 09 07:10 PM
Things to do... CatNipped Cat anecdotes 8 September 4th 07 02:00 PM
Funny funny feline video! MGW Cat health & behaviour 4 March 10th 04 03:24 AM
I need to know some things Mike Cat health & behaviour 9 November 11th 03 07:36 AM