Litter-boxes

Old August 8th 10, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl P.[_2_]

Default Litter-boxes

Sam and Cinnamon have two litterboxes in a back room. I switched a while
back from traditional clay to clumping litter. Since the clumping litter
is so dense, if I buy it in the bigger, more economical boxes, I have to
shift it to smaller plastic pails to carry it upstairs or lift it up
high enough to dump some out.

One of those cats dug enthusiatically enough in one of those pails -
with TWO broader, longer, and perfectly acceptable litterboxes inches
away - to spread over part of the floor, deeply enough that you can see
the paw prints of the culprit, where he or she carefully smoothed it out.

I really wanted to spend Sunday afternoon cleaning up litter, too.

sigh

--
Cheryl

Old August 8th 10, 08:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Aug 8, 1:40*pm, "Cheryl P." wrote:
Sam and Cinnamon have two litterboxes in a back room. I switched a while
back from traditional clay to clumping litter. Since the clumping litter
is so dense, if I buy it in the bigger, more economical boxes, I have to
shift it to smaller plastic pails to carry it upstairs or lift it up
high enough to dump some out.

One of those cats dug enthusiatically enough in one of those pails -
with TWO broader, longer, and perfectly acceptable litterboxes inches
away - to spread over part of the floor, deeply enough that you can see
the paw prints of the culprit, where he or she carefully smoothed it out.

I really wanted to spend Sunday afternoon cleaning up litter, too.

sigh

--
Cheryl

I've had the same thing happen, when I left the top off the litter
pail for just a few minutes.
Speaking of litterboxes, we had a strange happening. We are having
houseguests
for an extended time and the location of the litterboxes had to
changed. *Just to
be sure* there are no excuses, I bought an extra box. It is a covered
box, which
I've never used. Boots and Frank not only won't use it, they are
*terrified* of it.
Then it hit me. It is about the same size of their carrier, and even
has a carrying
handle on top. They think it's a carrier.
Kitten does not care, and I guess just the sheer novelty of it, she is
in and out
of it all day. Sometimes productive, sometimes not.

Sherry

Litter Boxes James Dent Cat anecdotes 4 July 27th 09 10:50 AM
Litter Boxes James Dent Cat anecdotes 12 July 26th 09 11:53 PM
Q on litter boxes ensoul Cat health & behaviour 5 December 16th 07 10:31 AM
Litter Boxes JBHajos Cat anecdotes 36 July 13th 04 02:09 PM
Automatic litter boxes Joe Canuck Cat health & behaviour 3 July 5th 03 03:09 AM