Caboodle Ranch Timeline

Old April 11th 12, 08:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
catlady

Default Caboodle Ranch Timeline

http://caboodleranch.net/?page_id=230
Old April 12th 12, 12:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 4/11/2012 2:00 AM, Catlady wrote:
http://caboodleranch.net/?page_id=230

There really is nothing we here can do about this, here in Anecdotes we
try and focus on happy cat stories - that is the charter of this group.
If they won't allow you on health+behav, please just go away and find
somewhere else to post this.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old April 12th 12, 12:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

MaryL wrote:

"CatNipped" wrote in message ...

Catlady wrote:

http://caboodleranch.net/?page_id=230

There really is nothing we here can do about this, here in Anecdotes we
try and focus on happy cat stories - that is the charter of this group.
If they won't allow you on health+behav, please just go away and find
somewhere else to post this.

Well, I have read *many* of your posts where you wrote--at great
length--about your health problems. There is nothing wrong with doing that,
and many people posted words of sympathy, but they certainly were not "happy
cat stories." The first Caboodle Ranch thread was started by someone else,
and it appears that there was a lot of interest in it (judging by the number
of responses).

Not to mention that, happy or not, it is on topic.

--
Joyce

Who ever thought up the word "Mammogram"? Every time I hear it, I think
I'm supposed to put my breast in an envelope and send it to someone.
-- Jan King
Old April 12th 12, 01:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
catlady

On Apr 11, 6:30*pm, CatNipped wrote:
On 4/11/2012 2:00 AM, Catlady wrote:

http://caboodleranch.net/?page_id=230

There really is nothing we here can do about this, here in Anecdotes we
try and focus on happy cat stories - that is the charter of this group.

Pot. Kettle. Black. As has been pointed out, the number of OT posts
from *you* regarding everything under the sun involving your personal
life far exceeds anything I have posted that is OT. There have been
many discussions here about Caboodle Ranch and just because you want
to be deliberately nasty for no reason doesn't mean that there isn't
interest in the case. I posted the updated timeline on the website
because it makes it easier for people to find information on the case
without having to spend hours googling. Just because some may not be
able to do anything about the situation doesn't mean they aren't
interested in seeing updates and hopefully a positive resolution that
will ensure the cats never have to suffer again and will be adopted by
loving homes.

Old April 12th 12, 02:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 4/11/2012 6:48 PM, Bastette wrote:
MaryL wrote:

"CatNipped" wrote in message ...

Catlady wrote:

http://caboodleranch.net/?page_id=230

There really is nothing we here can do about this, here in Anecdotes we
try and focus on happy cat stories - that is the charter of this group.
If they won't allow you on health+behav, please just go away and find
somewhere else to post this.

Well, I have read *many* of your posts where you wrote--at great
length--about your health problems. There is nothing wrong with doing that,
and many people posted words of sympathy, but they certainly were not "happy
cat stories." The first Caboodle Ranch thread was started by someone else,
and it appears that there was a lot of interest in it (judging by the number
of responses).

Not to mention that, happy or not, it is on topic.

Not to worry, I won't bother this group any more, OT or not.

Old April 12th 12, 03:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

MaryL wrote:

"CatNipped" wrote in message ...

Catlady wrote:

[...]

Megan/tripsovercats/catlady and I go way back to the time when she
called my cell phone and left an obscenity-laced message there because I
didn't treat my cats the way *she* thought was correct. You can have as
much of her here as you like - I'm not in a place to abide any more
posts about cat abuse. I have very little time left period and I don't
want to waste it crying over things I can't change. So either way, I
*won't* bother the group any longer - take that any way you like.
Old April 12th 12, 04:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

MaryL wrote:

"CatNipped" wrote in message ...

Catlady wrote:

[...]

I'm interested in posts by both you and catlady. I'm hoping for the
best for you and am concerned about the Caboodle Ranch situation. I
thought that both ASPCA and PETA were wrong about Caboodle, but
apparently they weren't.

I've thought about what will happen to my cats when I can't care for
them anymore and considered Caboodle Ranch so it is important to me.

So many people have left for Facebook that we can't lose the ones that
remain.
Old April 12th 12, 06:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

MaryL wrote:

"CatNipped" wrote in message

Catlady wrote:

[...]

I do wish you wouldn't respond like this, Lori. You know we are always here
for you, but I, for one, have been interested in the Caboodle Ranch
situation and although it's difficult reading, I agree it is on topic.
Tweed

Old April 12th 12, 06:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
catlady

wrote:

On 4/11/2012 9:02 PM, MaryL wrote:

"CatNipped" wrote in ...

On 4/11/2012 6:48 PM, Bastette wrote:
MaryL wrote:

"CatNipped" wrote in ...

Catlady wrote:

[...]

Since you have been involved in TNR I would suggest you talk with
contacts you have made there, your vet and local rescues and find a
solution that will ensure that care is taken in rehoming your kitties
in the event something happens to you. Make sure to include this in
your will and make sure someone knows where it is and can find it
easily. Make sure to carry that persons contact number with you next
to your Driver's License/ID. These so-called "sanctuaries" may sound
like a great idea, but time and time again these places get shut down
and it turns out they are only warehouses for cats where any kind of
monitoring is minimal or non-existent. The best place for our kitties
is in a real home. You might also find this book helpful:

Old April 12th 12, 07:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

MaryL wrote:

"CatNipped" wrote in message

Catlady wrote:

[...]

It's also well-identified (note the subject line which says "Caboodle
Ranch" in it). This would allow you to killfile this thread if you chose.
Or you could just ignore the thread - don't open the posts, don't read
them. That seems very simple to me...

I don't understand why so many people feel compelled to read every post
whether they want to or not. But although I've made this point many times
(here and elsewhere), nobody has ever explained to me why they feel forced
to read every post in a newsgroup or email list. When subject threads are
too disturbing to me (animal abuse, etc), I kill the thread so I don't
even have to see it in the index anymore.

I realize that not everybody has decent a killfile tool in their newsreader,
or they don't know how to use it. You can always mark posts in the thread
as read. Then go about your life, unburdened by Caboodle posts, and let
those who want to discuss it continue without complaints.

--
Joyce

Cats' hearing apparatus is built to allow the human voice to easily
go in one ear and out the other. -- Stephen Baker

Go See The Caboodle Ranch Mosey =^..^=[_7_] Cat community 0 January 6th 11 02:26 AM
Caboodle Ranch Sherry Cat anecdotes 5 November 26th 10 07:42 PM
I got to visit Caboodle Ranch Dan M Cat anecdotes 42 August 2nd 10 08:01 AM
Caboodle ranch bizit Granby Cat community 8 August 1st 10 10:54 PM
Caboodle Ranch tanadashoes Cat anecdotes 1 March 11th 09 06:06 PM