Food Question

Old January 16th 04, 10:30 PM
Christina

Default Food Question

I give my two kitties (almost one year old) dry cat food....is this okay or
should I be giving them canned?

Thanks!

Christina

--
http://www.geocities.com/christinamarie29/ourpage.html

Old January 17th 04, 12:28 AM
Christina

Lauren, thank you very much. Is there a particular brand that you buy? When
I first had them I was buying the dry Kitten Chow, but they eat like little
pigs (when the bowl is empty they really freak out lol) and with 4 children
and very low income, I made the switch to Walmart's brand "Special Kitty"
and they seem to like it. I had also bought cans of the Special Kitty which
they love mixed in with the dry food......

I do have to wonder if buying the generic brand is okay for them. A few
people I talked to said that there is nothing wrong with the walmart
brand....opinions? If I have to buy a more expensive brand of food in order
for the kitties to thrive and be healthy I must certainly will!!

Thanks!!
Christina

From: "Christina"

I give my two kitties (almost one year old) dry cat food....is this okay

or
should I be giving them canned?

Hi Christina, I would absolutely recommend giving them a mostly canned

diet.
Cats are not meant to eat dry food. They are carnivores and also many

cats
don't drink enough water, thereby making their urine too concentrated

whereby
they can develop urinary crystals. Here's a good article:

http://www.avma.org/convention/recap/news/tuesday16.asp

Lauren
________

Old January 17th 04, 12:30 AM
Christina

Hi Sue and thanks for the advice! If you read my response to Lauren, you'll
see that I have been buying Walmart brand "Special Kitty". Can you tell me
about how much a bag of Purina ONE costs? Thank you!!

Christina

--
"Suzie-Q" wrote in message
Christina wrote:

I give my two kitties (almost one year old) dry cat food....is
this okay or should I be giving them canned?

As long as it's a good quality dry food there's no need to give
them canned. I have four cats. One doesn't like canned food at
all so she only eats dry. I feed them all Purina ONE, although
I know there are better (and more expensive) brands out there.

8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/