Parting with Betty

Old January 27th 05, 12:44 AM
Takayuki

Default Parting with Betty

Kreisleriana wrote:

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 23:09:59 -0500, Takayuki
yodeled:

Hey Tak-- where you and Betty been?

Betty and I went our separate ways for about a week, when I went away
on business, and I left Betty with a kitty kennel. I tried not to
think too much about it before and during the trip, and I was able to
get through it.

When I got Betty back, she was the usual, except much mouthier and
clingier than usual. Also, her fur felt dry and coarse, a bit ratty,
actually, although she otherwise seemed to be healthy and happy. But
her coat improved every day we were together, and now it's as soft and
shiny as ever. Maybe she was stressed, or maybe their food didn't
agree with her.

But we're together, and we're very much in lurve, of course.

When I think of Betty, I sometimes like to imagine that she's an
ageless eternal heirloom. She'll never get sick, or grow old, or die,
and she'll be passed down from generation to generation. Ages after
I've died and turned to dust, she'll still be making someone happy,
and I'll have achieved a tiny bit of immortality as a pearl in her
memories, her forever memory of me as her Daddy.

Old January 27th 05, 01:31 AM
mlbriggs

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:44:32 -0500, Takayuki wrote:

Kreisleriana wrote:

[...]

Probably nobody groomed or petted her while you were away. She also
probably missed your type of food. I'll bet she is happy to be home.
MLB

Old January 27th 05, 01:43 AM
Christine Burel

"Takayuki" wrote in message
news
Kreisleriana wrote:

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 23:09:59 -0500, Takayuki
yodeled:

Hey Tak-- where you and Betty been?

snip

When I think of Betty, I sometimes like to imagine that she's an
ageless eternal heirloom. She'll never get sick, or grow old, or die,
and she'll be passed down from generation to generation. Ages after
I've died and turned to dust, she'll still be making someone happy,
and I'll have achieved a tiny bit of immortality as a pearl in her
memories, her forever memory of me as her Daddy.

Wow, this is a beautiful sentiment, Tak! So glad ya'll are back together
now!
Christine

Old January 27th 05, 04:38 AM
Marina

Takayuki wrote:

But we're together, and we're very much in lurve, of course.

So glad to hear that. The title scared me, I thought you'd parted with
Betty for good. Phew! Don't do that!

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old January 27th 05, 05:02 AM
Takayuki

Marina wrote:

Takayuki wrote:

But we're together, and we're very much in lurve, of course.

So glad to hear that. The title scared me, I thought you'd parted with
Betty for good. Phew! Don't do that!

Oops, sorry! I don't think I could ever leave her forever. She's
so earnest and tolerant.

While she's on my lap, she naps, yawns, stretches, and taps me with
her paw or headbuts me from time to time. When she stretches, she
automatically gets grabbed and hugged.

Sometimes, there are little mishaps. I just reached down to scritch
her chin with my fingers, but her chin felt unusually pointy and wet,
and she gagged. The problem is that when I'm looking down at her,
it's difficult to tell when she's yawning. Probably the trick is to
watch the ears, which point backwards during yawns.

Old January 27th 05, 07:02 AM
Tanada

Takayuki wrote:

Betty and I went our separate ways for about a week, when I went away
on business, and I left Betty with a kitty kennel. I tried not to
think too much about it before and during the trip, and I was able to
get through it.

When I got Betty back, she was the usual, except much mouthier and
clingier than usual. Also, her fur felt dry and coarse, a bit ratty,
actually, although she otherwise seemed to be healthy and happy. But
her coat improved every day we were together, and now it's as soft and
shiny as ever. Maybe she was stressed, or maybe their food didn't
agree with her.

But we're together, and we're very much in lurve, of course.

Damn it Tak, you scared me with that posting. Glad that you're back
from your business trip and that Betty has recovered from her ordeal.
She loves her paw.

Pam S. who thinks she would have done better with a really nice kitty to
share her paw with

Old January 28th 05, 06:53 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 06:38:09 +0200, Marina
wrote:

Takayuki wrote:

But we're together, and we're very much in lurve, of course.

So glad to hear that. The title scared me, I thought you'd parted with
Betty for good. Phew! Don't do that!

ditto. I'm way behind, and this is one thread I had to stop and read
while scrolling down. VERY happy that I my first fear was wrong, and
that you have been reunited with Betty after your trip
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy and Little Bit

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old January 28th 05, 12:16 PM
Adrian

Takayuki wrote:
Kreisleriana wrote:

[...]

I'm so glad Betty's got her real slave back. ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Betty fantasy Takayuki Cat anecdotes 11 March 13th 04 09:10 PM
Betty the bull L. Kelly Cat anecdotes 5 September 24th 03 05:45 PM
Video clip of Betty Takayuki Cat anecdotes 19 September 2nd 03 12:28 PM