[TW] The Promise

Old December 26th 07, 09:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default [TW] The Promise

Having Suki & Pickles here has reminded me of things about Shmogg that I
didn't realise I had missed in his last months.

The Herd of Thundering Wildebeests Stampeding Across the Plains of the
Serengeti at 4am. The preparation of food with a begging cat (or two)
winding around my feet. Being woken up by the plaintive meows of a creature
clearly *starving*. Random crashes during the middle of the night. Waking up
to the results of the random crashes in the middle of the night. Going to
sleep with the sound of Purr. Being accompanied to the toilet and bathroom.
The laughter from watching stupid catly antics. The "I meant to do that"
wash *after* the stupid catly antics. Nose touches, chin scritches, Mrrps of
greetings in the morning and every time I come home. The simple joy of being
owned.

This is what cats do.

But these cats are not Shmogg, and have shown me that Shmogg was not only a
unique creature, but he was a force to be reckoned with, he was a giant
amongst cats, he was ******* Cat supremo. Shmogg lived his life *entirely*
on his own terms. These two cats are tame and placcid creatures, Shmogg I
don't think was so much *tamed* as saw a good thing and took advantage of
it. He had such personality, such a presence. This was Shmogg's house, he
just graciously allowed us to live here because it suited him. He liked to
be loved, but would only ever be loved when *he* wanted to be. He kept me
firmly in my place by pulling all sorts of ******* cat tricks ( don't think
these two are capable, quite frankly) had a keen intelligence and an
abslutley *wicked* sense of humour. He only ever had one human - me - and
just tolerated the others as they came with me. These two creatures are
"pusses", Shmogg was a *cat*, a ******** cat* at that.

I can't quite explain it, but Shmogg had a force, an aura, he had a
presence that was huge, charisma that was off scale and a personality that
would smack you fair across the face (literally, if you weren't careful.)

You'd need a whole herd of cats to fill the space that was left by Shmogg.

Tahts not to say I don't love these two pusses, I do, and they continue to
grow on me every day as their inherant catness continues to emerge after
being 'babied' for their first year. But whilst I have two felines in my
life again, and the natural order of things (being owned by a Superior
Species) has been restored, they also remind me that Shmogg was a Cat among
cats. The tears have dried up, but no matter how many other cats I will have
in my life, I think I will miss Shmogg and his Chutzpah every day of my
life.

Still, if I am to honour him, I am not to mourn, but to appreciate and
indeed love other members of his species. This is my promise to him, and I
trust that I'll be able to serve Felinity in one way or antoher for the
rest of my days. Its such a little thing to do in return for the mighty
blessings I was given through Shmogg, but I am honoured and humbled to have
been chosen by Bast to be his human, and its the least I can do to return
some of those blessings back to the Mothership.

Thankyou Shmogg, thankyou Bast, thankyou Mothership, it was - and is - truly
a pleasure to be in your service.

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old December 26th 07, 11:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bobblespin[_2_]

"Yowie" wrote in
:

[...]

Speaking from experience, you might want to write down right now the
many things about him you want to remember. I never thought I'd forget
the things Deek did, but unfortunately over the years I'm sad to say
I've forgotten everything he did and how he was. I know he was a
wonderful, special cat in many ways, but I don't remember what made him
so special. I wish now that I had written them down.
Bobble

Old December 26th 07, 11:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"bobblespin" wrote in message
"Yowie" wrote in
:

[...]

Good idea - although its already done

All I have to do is put "Shmogg" or "Shmoggleberry" into a search engine,
and I've got *hours* of reading about him that I've already written :-)

Or just toodle over to Flippy's Cat Page or David Stevenson's Cat Page,
where they're archived already.

Yowie

Old December 27th 07, 05:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

Yowie wrote:
Having Suki & Pickles here has reminded me of things about Shmogg that I
didn't realise I had missed in his last months.

Tahts not to say I don't love these two pusses, I do, and they continue to
grow on me every day as their inherant catness continues to emerge after
being 'babied' for their first year. But whilst I have two felines in my
life again, and the natural order of things (being owned by a Superior
Species) has been restored, they also remind me that Shmogg was a Cat among
cats. The tears have dried up, but no matter how many other cats I will have
in my life, I think I will miss Shmogg and his Chutzpah every day of my
life.

{{Yowie}}

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old December 27th 07, 11:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"Marina" wrote in message
Yowie wrote:
Having Suki & Pickles here has reminded me of things about Shmogg that I
didn't realise I had missed in his last months.

gentle snip

Thankyou Shmogg, thankyou Bast, thankyou Mothership, it was - and is -
truly a pleasure to be in your service.

{{{Yowie}}}

Bugger.

It was supposed to be an awesome tribute to a cool cat, not a sad and
maudlin pining for the past.

The hurt has gone, and the smiles at his memory have replaced them. I'll
always miss him, but wanted to celebrate his Supreme ******* Catness.

Hmmm.

Yowie

Old December 27th 07, 03:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_3_]

Yowie wrote:
"Marina" wrote in message
Yowie wrote:
Having Suki & Pickles here has reminded me of things about Shmogg
that I didn't realise I had missed in his last months.

gentle snip

Thankyou Shmogg, thankyou Bast, thankyou Mothership, it was - and
is - truly a pleasure to be in your service.

{{{Yowie}}}

Bugger.

It was supposed to be an awesome tribute to a cool cat, not a sad and
maudlin pining for the past.

The hurt has gone, and the smiles at his memory have replaced them.
I'll always miss him, but wanted to celebrate his Supreme *******
Catness.
Hmmm.

Yowie

That should read, World Famous Supreme ******* Catness! ;-0 He will be
missed by many for a long time.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old December 27th 07, 04:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"Yowie" wrote in message
"Marina" wrote in message
Yowie wrote:
Having Suki & Pickles here has reminded me of things about Shmogg that I
didn't realise I had missed in his last months.

gentle snip

Thankyou Shmogg, thankyou Bast, thankyou Mothership, it was - and is -
truly a pleasure to be in your service.

{{{Yowie}}}

Bugger.

It was supposed to be an awesome tribute to a cool cat, not a sad and
maudlin pining for the past.

The hurt has gone, and the smiles at his memory have replaced them. I'll
always miss him, but wanted to celebrate his Supreme ******* Catness.

Hmmm.

Yowie

You did pretty well. Just still hurting a little more than you knew.

Don't count the newbies out quite yet. They are young and will likely pick
up a few of the ******* cat vibes.

Molly has been here three years, and can still totally surprise me.

Jo

Old December 27th 07, 05:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Yowie wrote:
"Marina" wrote in message
Yowie wrote:
Having Suki & Pickles here has reminded me of things about Shmogg that I
didn't realise I had missed in his last months.

gentle snip
Thankyou Shmogg, thankyou Bast, thankyou Mothership, it was - and is -
truly a pleasure to be in your service.

{{{Yowie}}}

Bugger.

It was supposed to be an awesome tribute to a cool cat, not a sad and
maudlin pining for the past.

The hurt has gone, and the smiles at his memory have replaced them. I'll
always miss him, but wanted to celebrate his Supreme ******* Catness.

Hmmm.

It wasn't sad and maudlin, Yowie. I did read it as a tribute, but at the
same time I know you miss him. Or maybe I mixed it up with my own
feelings about Frank and how much I still miss him.

Old December 27th 07, 11:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default The Promise

On Dec 27, 6:39*am, "Yowie" wrote:

Bugger.

It was supposed to be an awesome tribute to a cool cat, not a sad and
maudlin pining for the past.

The hurt has gone, and the smiles at his memory have replaced them. I'll
always miss him, but wanted to celebrate his Supreme ******* Catness.

Hmmm.

Yowie

Don't count the girls out, they can and will surprise you in a way you
never expected, when you least expect it. They're just finding their
feet right now and getting used to having you as a slave. You have
to be trained to behave in a manner the new owners feel is proper.
Miss Calico Girl, I'm also calling her Princess, does not like the way
the other owners have trained me. I'm now embarking on a new course
in the proper care and treatment of superior beings. At least she
doesn't think I'm hopeless.

Pam S.

Promise Pet Food cindys Cat health & behaviour 0 March 26th 07 12:07 AM
don't even try to promise a jar Corinne G. Butler-Steinke Cat health & behaviour 0 September 13th 05 05:28 PM
hey, go promise a shoe Walter Cat anecdotes 0 September 11th 05 04:36 PM
don't promise a fig Paul Cat anecdotes 0 September 11th 05 02:03 PM
don't try to promise a egg Putrid Slut Cat anecdotes 0 September 11th 05 12:53 PM