In the darkness

Old April 19th 05, 11:20 AM
~~Tabbi~~

Default In the darkness

Hello cat fans

When you wake up in the night and you know that one of your precious
sweethearts is on the bed and awake, how easy is it for you to tell which
one it is without seeing them?

In my case: Sally will be on my pillow with her paws in my hair, and she
gives me nose bumps. Bagster has to have a good wander around, purring at
top volume. He also just has a stump for a tail so he is easy to pick.
Dusty sits down on my back - I'm a tummy sleeper, or if the pillow is free
she will usurp Sally's place. Spike won't settle down for ages, then he
will curl up between hubby and me and wash...and wash... noisily and at
great length!

If anyone reading this recalls my post about Spike, he has really settled in
now. He has one of those rare cat 'diseases' - 'lap fungus' - he just
spreads out in a grey tabby puddle on my lap and is very hard to shift once
he settles. He is very heavy and always drapes himself over my arm which
promptly goes numb.

I am so pleased and honoured that Spike decided to trust me and love me as
he does and to let me care for him. I feel that way about all of my babies
of course. Bagster is making it very hard to type as he is pushing his head
against my right forearm while I am typing.

I'm not anti-dog but I was a bit surprised yesterday morning. I got back
from my walk at about 6.00 am and a large black and white very bouncy
friendly happy dog appeared from nowhere. It jumped about for a while then
suddenly leaped up at me and stuck its nose in my left eye! I was slightly
taken aback by this - the dog ran through the open carport door and around
the back. The only aftermath I saw was Spike with his tail like a
bottlebrush. I got rid of the dog (I just shooed it out, I didn't do
anything permanent) and life resumed its normal trajectory.

I asked my hubby if that was usual dog behaviour, to stick its nose in your
eye - he typically responded with 'No, normally they stick their nose in
your crotch'.. guess my doggy needs a map and a compass....

Have a happy furry day with your treasures !

Tabbi

Old April 19th 05, 02:02 PM
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 19:50:51 +0930, "~~Tabbi~~"
yodeled:

Hello cat fans

When you wake up in the night and you know that one of your precious
sweethearts is on the bed and awake, how easy is it for you to tell which
one it is without seeing them?

When I first brought Stinky home, he was about the same size as
Mimi. But I quickly could tell when it was him, because he has a tiny
kink in the end of his tail.

Theresa
Old April 19th 05, 02:46 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-04-19, ~~Tabbi~~ penned:

I'm not anti-dog but I was a bit surprised yesterday morning. I got
back from my walk at about 6.00 am and a large black and white very
bouncy friendly happy dog appeared from nowhere. It jumped about
for a while then suddenly leaped up at me and stuck its nose in my
left eye! I was slightly taken aback by this - the dog ran through
the open carport door and around the back. The only aftermath I saw
was Spike with his tail like a bottlebrush. I got rid of the dog (I
just shooed it out, I didn't do anything permanent) and life resumed
its normal trajectory.

If that happens again, and given the dog was so friendly, you might
try to see if it has ID and can be reunited with its owner ... with a
gentle reminder that not everyone wants a dog in their face before
they're really awake =)

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 19th 05, 03:05 PM
Katz

~~Tabbi~~ wrote:
Hello cat fans

When you wake up in the night and you know that one of your precious
sweethearts is on the bed and awake, how easy is it for you to tell

which
one it is without seeing them?

If anybody's on a pillow, it's definitely Daisy. If anybody is on my
hip, it's definitely Miss Moxie. Anywhere else is also Daisy, as Moxie
only sleeps on my hip. If they're walking around on the bed, & there's
enough light to see a profile, I can pick Daisy out b/c she can't
straighten her tail. The last several inches curve back down. When
they're walking to the bed, if I hear the tick-tick-tick of toenails,
it's Moxie. If I hear THUD-THUD-THUD, it's my *fluffy* Daisy. LOL.

Old April 19th 05, 05:10 PM
Mary

"~~Tabbi~~" wrote in message
Hello cat fans

If anyone reading this recalls my post about Spike, he has really settled

in
now. He has one of those rare cat 'diseases' - 'lap fungus' - he just
spreads out in a grey tabby puddle on my lap and is very hard to shift

once
he settles. He is very heavy and always drapes himself over my arm which
promptly goes numb.

My Buddha does this! Spike sounds like a lovebug.

Old April 19th 05, 05:12 PM
Melissa Houle

~~Tabbi~~ wrote in message
Hello cat fans

When you wake up in the night and you know that one of your precious
sweethearts is on the bed and awake, how easy is it for you to tell which
one it is without seeing them?

Nina will usually be the little powderpuff under the covers down by my feet.
Pan will either be curled beside me, or sometimes on top of me above the
covers. He does sometimes get under the covers to get warm, but rarely
stays for long. Francesca is more aloof, and likes to start the night on
the couch. I can tell her apart from Pan by the texture of their coats.
Francesca's coat is more lush, while Pan's is less luxuriant due to age.
She is also um... a little heavier than Pan. =o)

If anyone reading this recalls my post about Spike, he has really settled

in
now. He has one of those rare cat 'diseases' - 'lap fungus' - he just
spreads out in a grey tabby puddle on my lap and is very hard to shift

once
he settles. He is very heavy and always drapes himself over my arm which
promptly goes numb.

LOL I have cats who will stand in my lap, but will rarely relax enough to
lie down there for long.

I am so pleased and honoured that Spike decided to trust me and love me as
he does and to let me care for him. I feel that way about all of my

babies
of course. Bagster is making it very hard to type as he is pushing his

head
against my right forearm while I am typing.

Spike is a smart fellow. He knows he's got a good thing when he sees it: A
home and a hoomin lap.

I asked my hubby if that was usual dog behaviour, to stick its nose in

your
eye - he typically responded with 'No, normally they stick their nose in
your crotch'.. guess my doggy needs a map and a compass....

Just a little!

Have a happy furry day with your treasures !

Tabbi

Melissa

Old April 19th 05, 08:05 PM
CatNipped

"~~Tabbi~~" wrote in message
[...]

Yes, Bandit walks across the bed like she owns it and is just leasing it to
me, Demi is very tentative in her movements, Jessie is so light I barely
feel her land, and Sammy tilts the entire bed to one side and I have to hold
on so I don't slide off the site (only a *slight* exaggeration! ;).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 19th 05, 08:33 PM
Gabey8

In my case, the texture of my two cats' fur is very different. Captain's is
softer and feels thicker. His tail is also noticeably longer, and his purr
is also easily audible more often than Stanley's is. And Stanley's
favorite trick is to pounce on toes, so if I feel a kitty adhering to my
foot as I walk past, I know which one it is without looking. )

This is why even in complete darkness, or with my eyes closed, it would be
possible to differentiate between Captain and Stanley using the senses of
touch and hearing.

Donna and the purrmonsters, Captain and Stanley

Old April 20th 05, 05:11 AM
Marina

~~Tabbi~~ wrote:

Hello cat fans

When you wake up in the night and you know that one of your precious
sweethearts is on the bed and awake, how easy is it for you to tell which
one it is without seeing them?

Very easy. First there is the difference in size: Frank is the biggest,
Nikki is smaller but... umm.. fluffier than Frank, and Mere is just tiny
(she's barely five months old). I know them from the way they jump up on
the bed. Frank sharpens his claws on the mattress before he jumps up,
Nikki jumps up at the same point every time. Mere is so light I don't
always notice when she jumps into bed. Then there is the fur; Nikki's is
slightly longer and much coarser than Frank's, and Mere's is very short
and soft.

They have their own places in bed, too. Frank comes up and lies on his
own pillow next to mine, Nikki lies by my legs, and Mere slips under the
covers and snuggles up to me. When he's purred me to sleep, Frank goes
and sleeps by my feet.

--
Marina, Frank, Nikki, and introducing: Mere!
Old April 20th 05, 01:16 PM
Lesley Madigan

"~~Tabbi~~" wrote in message ...
Hello cat fans

When you wake up in the night and you know that one of your precious
sweethearts is on the bed and awake, how easy is it for you to tell which
one it is without seeing them?

Redunzel almost never sleeps on the bed- she likes a box on top of the
wardrobe, Sarrasine will be curled up between me and the SO.

When we had Fugazi and Isis, Fugazi always slept at the bottom of the
bed, occasionally if you rolled over in the night, you'd hear a yowl
followed by a thump that meant you'd accidentally kicked her off the
bed. Isis used to actually get between us, get under the covers, save
for one paw and her head which she used to lie on the pillow and curl
up- it was one of the cutest things I've ever seen! However somewhere
during the night, she'd feel the need to stretch out and I have lost
count of the mornings when we would both wake up precariously balanced
on the last 3 inches of either side of a 4 foot 6 bed while Isis lay
in the middle

We never let Speedy Joe in the bedroom when we went to sleep for some
unknown reason, the first time we did, he promptly sprayed about
thirty gallons of urine over the covers!!!!!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs