PLS HELP!!! ABANDON CAT IN TWO DAYS. PLS HELP!!!! I DONT WANT TO LEAVE HIM LIKE THIS

Old September 20th 07, 02:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh >o

Default PLS HELP!!! ABANDON CAT IN TWO DAYS. PLS HELP!!!! I DONT WANT TO LEAVE HIM LIKE THIS

On 20 Sep, 03:56, mlbriggs wrote:
On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 14:20:21 -0700, Grace wrote:
I'm new here, and really have no right to comment on what has
transpired this thread, but, I feel that I must reply. I formerly
did animal rescue---though not for the last twelve years. I
discovered during the period of time that I rescued, that often,
people would hang on to their pets until the last minute, because they
desperately hoped that their situations would change. *Maybe the
landlord will let me keep my pet after all. Maybe I won't have to
move. etc.* It would have been grossly unfair for me to question
their motives for doing so and to refuse to help, not only to them,
but to the animal in question as well. Thank you Matthew, Sheelagh
and Paul, for your helpful suggestions, and the kindness that you
offered to this woman. Matthew, I posted my thanks to you privately,
but just wanted to give you a public thank you as well. You have a
wonderful heart.

Grace

IMHO Matthew is the glue that holds this group together.
MLB- Hide quoted text -

I thought that you might want to know about the conclusion of this
little story. In fact, the cat belonged to a neighbor of the OP. On
our guidance, she took the cat over to see Phil, but he wasn't able to
help in this instance, he was already full to the rafters already with
cats.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH JESSY
Old September 20th 07, 07:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Grace

Hi Sheelagh,

I too had contacted Jess to see if she had had any luck. At that
point, she hadn't, but was determined not to give up. I told Matthew
just the other evening, that if she had been able to get that cat to
PA, I would have taken it myself and placed it in a local rescue. (A
very good rescue, I might add.) Sheelagh, during my time working
animal rescue, I discovered that often people attempt to hang onto
their pets until the last minute, hoping that their situations will
change. Whenever I first became ill, (I have a potentially fatal CNS
disease--Devic's NMO) I faced the possibility of having to rehome my
little Jack Russel X. I was beside myself, convinced that no one else
could give her a home such as I had. She was already 12 years old,
and her personality was such that she was a *one woman dog*. I was
truly beside myself. Luckily, I was able to hang onto her and still
care for her, and she is with me today---an absolutely incedible
little ball of love, and still her Mum's one and only. Now, I have a
plan in place in the event that something happens to me, and I know
that she will be cared for and loved until the end of her days.

Often, people just don't think far enough ahead whenever it comes to
rehoming. Because they love their pet, they think that it will be an
easy task to find someone that will love them just as much as they
do. Sadly, that isn't always the case. Years ago whenever I was
still in and out of our local shelter, I would often hear of elderly
people, who were not in a position to care for their pet anymore, and
who had brought them to the shelter, confident that someone would
adopt them. Sometimes those initial seperations were so
heartbreaking. And sadly, just as often, the final outcome was not a
happy one. I think that I spent the majority of those years,
crying. My years in rescue were some of the most fulfilling years of
my whole life, but strangely, also the saddest.

Again, thank you Matthew and Sheelagh for your kindness towards Jess.
Oh, and Matthew, those cats of yours are beautiful, and obviously
quite spoiled. I loved the photos. Now all you need, is it to find
yourself a beautiful long haired Calico like my Lyric to complete the
family. :-)

Grace

Old September 21st 07, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Wed 19 Sep 2007 01:53:59p, cybercat wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav :

"Cheryl" wrote
I often watch the posters who attack posts like
this and both shake my head at the disbelief of even asking the
question in the first place, then the onslaught of attacks.

I think I have reached this exalted place ... OMMMM

lol

I'm going back there. These people are hopeless.

And if you keep pointing it out it just makes them want to hunt you down and
kill you. And that can be a problem.

Old September 21st 07, 07:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

"Sheelagh o" wrote in message

I thought that you might want to know about the conclusion of this
little story. In fact, the cat belonged to a neighbor of the OP. On
our guidance, she took the cat over to see Phil, but he wasn't able to
help in this instance, he was already full to the rafters already with
cats.

Actually, we were over the rafters a long time ago... I have cats running
around up on the joists!.

Phil was very helpful, However when we got there, they were out of
space and had to turn us away.

I felt really bad-- they came all the way from Queens. I know they really
cared. They drove a long way and even offered to make a substantial
donation towards his care.

When I told her we would take him, I had an opening with someone who only
fosters older cats.
But by the time they got here, the foster had already taken in another cat.
We can't reserve spots because so many people don't show up-- or even call.
So we have to operate on a first come-first serve basis.

good new!! We found someone who could take her cat!!! I was thrilled
when that person called us. we called a lot of people and finally one
came through =)
he is finally settling down with a new owner. thanks for
everything!!!

I am so pleased that there was a possitive outcome in the end.

I'm so happy he has a forever home!

Phil

Old September 21st 07, 06:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Lynne" wrote in message
. 97.142...
on Fri, 21 Sep 2007 00:07:32 GMT, "cybercat"
wrote:

And if you keep pointing it out it just makes them want to hunt you
down and kill you. And that can be a problem.

*snort*

I say, BRING IT. It's a damn shame when people forget how to laugh.

Indeed. As for the original post--anyone who even threatens to put a cat on
the street is an asshole. A-S-S-H-O-L-E.

Old September 21st 07, 07:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh >\o\

wrote:

And if you keep pointing it out it just makes them want to hunt you
down and kill you. And that can be a problem.

*snort*

I say, BRING IT. It's a damn shame when people forget how to laugh.

There is nothing to "Bring On".
Like Matthew, I am genuinely pleased that the OP's dedication paid off

It wasn't funny. If it was, we would all have laughed. If you honestly
thought it was a troll, you should have taken your own advice & ignored it.
After Phil posted, I thought it would have made it crystal clear that the OP
was genuine. I'm sorry that you feel that we need to "Bring Anything "On"...

As far as I am concerned I hope that this is the end of the matter.
Sheelagh "o"

--
Sheelagh "o"