Broken Tail (I think)

Old June 1st 05, 12:14 AM
Mary

"Catnipped" wrote

[snip great story]

Whoever said, "The best revenge is living well" really knew what they were
talking about!

And long. Living long. I want to outlive the *******s.

Old June 1st 05, 01:56 AM
Philip

Philip wrote:
wrote:
Philip wrote:
wrote:
100% of BYB's are neglectful. "Backyard Breeder" is the term
used specifically for amateur, neglectful,
doing-it-for-the-money irresponsible breeders. What did you
think, it was a term for kittens raised in the backyard?

Sherry

Well Sherry, without knowing more definitively what constitutes a
BYB, I needed to ask. I visited a highly respected Bengal
breeder who ... by your reckless description ... would be a BYB
too.

Highly-respected backyard breeder is an oxymoron.

Sherry

My my .... you're taking prescription "Bitter Pills". I SAID ...
"a highly respected Bengal breeder" .... who by YOUR description
.... WOULD be a BYB. "BYB" must be an incendiary label with a
situational definition.

Are you deliberately obtuse, or just stupid?
If your Bengal breeder COULD BE a BYB, FITS THE DEFINITION of a BYB,
then he/she is NOT a respected breeder.

Sherry

I'm not burdened with your emotions and agendas, nor am I "blessed"
(using the term very loosely) with your privately held definitions
on what constitutes a BYB. Describe one to me. This seems to be
akin to "I can't tell you what pornography is but ... I know it when
I see it"

Gah. I'm getting tired of this.
http://www.jlhweb.net/Boxermap/reputablebreeder.html

HTH.

Sherry

Well! That wasn't so difficult.

So using the criteria set forth at the above link, the Bengal breeder I
visited is a "Reputable Breeder" who is conducting her operation in her
backyard.

Old June 1st 05, 02:13 AM

Philip wrote:
wrote:
Philip wrote:
wrote:
Philip wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Well, congratulations. I think you've got it. She is a "reputable
breeder" conducting business in her back yard. Then she is NOT a
"backyard breeder".

Sherry

Old June 1st 05, 02:34 AM
Catnipped

wrote in message
ups.com...

Philip wrote:
wrote:
Philip wrote:
wrote:
Philip wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Just the way "trailer trash" may or may not live in a trailer. There are
some "trailer trash" living in $200,000 home right around the corner from
me, and some fine and decent people who happen to live in trailers!

Old June 1st 05, 02:44 AM
Meghan Noecker

I'm not burdened with your emotions and agendas, nor am I "blessed" (using
the term very loosely) with your privately held definitions on what
constitutes a BYB. Describe one to me. This seems to be akin to "I can't
tell you what pornography is but ... I know it when I see it"

A responsible breeder does ALL of the following. backyard breeders
occasionally do a few of them, but you need to do ALL of them to be
responsible.

The breed pedigreed cats (they have a health and genetic history)
They have their cats judged and make sure they are an excellent
represenative of the breed.
They test for health issues common to their breed
(eye, heart, thyroid, hip displasia, etc)
The test both the male and female after waiting for them to mature.
They offer a health guarantee when selling a kitten or cat.
They do vaccinations and any needed prenatal care.
They require spay/neuter unless the cat is truly breeder quality.
They followup with cats later to know they are doing well.
They will take back any cat that is no longer wanted by the new owner.
They don't overbreed their cats.
They rarely make a profit.

I'm sure there are more qualities that can be said about responsible
breeders. But you won't find many backyard breeders that do much of
this. They may have a registered cat, breed to a registered cat, and
do vaccinations before selling them. But that's about it for most, if
they even do that.

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography
Old June 1st 05, 02:45 AM
Meghan Noecker

On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 00:56:46 GMT, "Philip"
wrote:

So using the criteria set forth at the above link, the Bengal breeder I
visited is a "Reputable Breeder" who is conducting her operation in her
backyard.

This is kinda like the term "trailer trash". It may have started out
one way, but the meaning has changed.

A backyard breeder has nothing to do with a backyard anymore. It is
just the common term now.
--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography
Old June 1st 05, 03:58 AM
Philip

Philip wrote:
wrote:
Philip wrote:
wrote:
Philip wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Thank you Sherry.

Hoping your systolic is lower now .... :^)

Old June 1st 05, 04:09 AM
Philip

wrote:

So using the criteria set forth at the above link, the Bengal
breeder I visited is a "Reputable Breeder" who is conducting her
operation in her backyard.

This is kinda like the term "trailer trash". It may have started out
one way, but the meaning has changed.

A backyard breeder has nothing to do with a backyard anymore. It is
just the common term now.

One would have to have exposure over time to realize this. Myself not being
employed in the pet industry do not know and do not like to assume what is
meant by a slanderous sounding buzz phrase. Every industry has convenient
shorthand labels for things. So I asked. Thank you. :^)

I found the tip of my cat's tail. Tee Cat health & behaviour 5 February 8th 05 09:15 PM
The Terrible Tail O J Cat anecdotes 9 August 9th 04 03:19 PM
Unusual Tail Swishing CajunPrincess Cat anecdotes 30 July 1st 04 09:36 AM
The Terrible Tail Marina Cat anecdotes 25 May 15th 04 08:26 PM
Another cat tail Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 15 September 26th 03 08:16 PM