OT Humour: Careful planning with domain names

Old October 25th 05, 11:09 AM
Marina Kurten

Default OT Humour: Careful planning with domain names

This was recently posted to a translator's mailing list. Not for the
bashful! (After computer troubles, I'm just trying to find something to
laugh about.)

People spend a lot of time thinking up their children's names. It's
just a pity they don't always think as hard about their domain names.

Firstly there is Who Represents?, a database for agencies to the rich
and famous:
http://www.whorepresents.com

Second is the Experts Exchange, a knowledge base where programmers
can exchange advice and views:
http://www.expertsexchange.com

Looking for a pen? Look no further than Pen Island:
http://www.penisland.net

Need a therapist? Try:
http://www.therapistfinder.com

And there is an Italian Power company:
http://www.powergenitalia.com

Finally we have the Mole Station Native Nursery, based in New South Wales:
http://www.molestationnursery.com

--
Marina, posting from work
Old October 25th 05, 01:08 PM
Victor Martinez

Marina Kurten wrote:
This was recently posted to a translator's mailing list. Not for the
bashful! (After computer troubles, I'm just trying to find something to
laugh about.)

These are too funny, I'm sending them to all my friends. Thanks for the
giggle.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old October 25th 05, 06:55 PM
PatM

ROFLMAO!!!!!

Gotta send those to everyone too!

Old October 25th 05, 07:12 PM
MatSav

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 13:09:14 +0300, Marina Kurten
wrote:

People spend a lot of time thinking up their children's names. It's
just a pity they don't always think as hard about their domain names...

Another one for the list: Jim Hunkin, who used to appear on children's
TV science programmes in the UK, has this web site for his
experiments:

URL:http://www.hunkinsexperiments.com

--
MatSav

Old October 25th 05, 07:23 PM
Irulan

oh, good one, Marina. Too funny!
Lily & her mama
Jazz, RB

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old October 25th 05, 09:19 PM
Exocat

"Marina Kurten" wrote
This was recently posted to a translator's mailing list. Not for the
bashful! (After computer troubles, I'm just trying to find something
to laugh about.)

Brilliant!

Many thanks for the guffaws.

The cats were concerned there was something seriously wrong with me. But
they's just been fed, so not TOO concerned.

Purrs
Gordon & the FF

Old October 26th 05, 05:00 AM
Susan M

"Marina Kurten" wrote in message
This was recently posted to a translator's mailing list. Not for the
bashful! (After computer troubles, I'm just trying to find something to
laugh about.)

People spend a lot of time thinking up their children's names. It's
just a pity they don't always think as hard about their domain names.

snip the various addresses

That is hillarious Marina - thanks for that.

Susan M
Otis and Chester