PLS HELP!!! ABANDON CAT IN TWO DAYS. PLS HELP!!!! I DONT WANT TO LEAVE HIM LIKE THIS

Old September 17th 07, 07:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh >o

Default PLS HELP!!! ABANDON CAT IN TWO DAYS. PLS HELP!!!! I DONT WANT TO LEAVE HIM LIKE THIS

On 17 Sep, 17:49, Lynne wrote:
on Fri, 14 Sep 2007 13:44:20 GMT, "Barb" wrote:

Leaving the country? DON'T COME BACK.

And NEVER get another pet!

--
Lynne

photos of my pets:http://picasaweb.google.com/what.the.hell.is.it

Actually, the cat wasn't her's. It belonged to a friend that she was
trying to help. She still has the 2 cats that Matthew spoke about, &
mentioned are fine & I received photos of them a couple of days ago.

She took Matthews advice & took her friend & the cat in question to
him, but he couldn't take it either because he has no room at all. In
fact, he has asked that people think twice before giving out his
details, before contacting him first. Much as he would love to help
everyone, he can't. He is only human & only has a certain amount of
resources available. In future, he would appreciate it if people would
be kind enough to contacting him first, to see if he can help.
( I know this to be true, because I checked)

I know that we get a lot of Trolls that stop by here simply to cause
havoc, & also that it can be hard to sort out the real people that
need help, from the idiots who call by to cause trouble- But we should
have the good grace to give them a chance before dismissing them out
of hand.

You might even say that is a bit rich coming from someone who has had
plenty to say in the past, because I have! The difference is, that I
have learned my lesson, & I have learnt to give everyone the benefit
of doubt, before condemning them. I lost a good friend by doing
exactly this, & I can assure you that it wasn't worth it.

Most people who come here, are genuine, & do not deserve the stick
that she got. Of course she won't come back!

Would you?
Sheelagh "o"

Old September 17th 07, 08:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh >o

On 14 Sep, 18:37, mlbriggs wrote:
On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 21:05:11 -0500, Lynne wrote:
on Fri, 14 Sep 2007 01:52:48 GMT, msflyingpiggy wrote:

[quoted text muted]

Put him in your freezer overnight on the evening before you fly out, then
pack him in a box with dry ice, and ship him to your new home. Priority
Overnight is best, but it may be okay to go with 2 Day Air if you're
strapped for cash. If he's fat, you won't need as much packing material,
but be sure to insulate him from the dry ice. Do you have one of those
vacuum sealer bag thingies? (For the cat, not the dry ice.)

Thaw him out slowly when you get there so he isn't scared when he comes
back to life. Problem solved!

You are pathetic!

I sat here for an hour before posting because I knew that the
consequences of what I had to say would probably make me very
unpopular. In the end, I decided to post, mostly because it needs
pointing out. When I made mistakes, there were no end of people ready
to point out the error of my ways, & they were right to.
I had far too much to say & hurt people with my sharp tongue.
Reprimanding me made me look @ myself, & examine what I was saying &
why as well.

It taught me what humility meant & to think how others feel before
shooting my mouth off- Or at least asserting whether I am being
presented with the "Real facts".
I hope you understand that my comment is only to remind us all that
people do make mistakes, & we are here to advise, rather than
reprimand before helping the cat(s) in question. There is time for
that later, after the cat has been taken care of.

If this makes me unpopular, then so be it.

Sheelagh "o"

Old September 17th 07, 09:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
saxrocco via CatKB.com

Hi

Just read this thread and was shocked by the opening part about 'freezing'
your cat. Thought it was OTT but I read it to my husband and the thought of
putting our 4 babies in the freezer is awful.
All our cats are great by the way!!!

Shame that there are some people out there that can't take cats to there next
destination - I can only agree with what Sheelagh has said.

Has it all been sorted now? Nice of you Sheelagh to give the info you have.

take care
Clare

Sheelagh o wrote:
I am leaving this country soon and i cant take my cat with me. i've
asked friends and called several animal shelters by long island and

[quoted text clipped - 13 lines]
Your help is greatly appreciated. Pls help me to find him a new home.
a million thanks.

Here are a few that I found on the Internet. I live in the UK, so some
of them might not be valid, but they are definately worth a call. It
is a pity that you didn't ask a little sooner, because people might
have been able to help. @ this late hour, you might find that these
shelters are already full. I hope that you do find somewhere though.

http://www.ligreyhound.org/shelters.htm

http://www.licp.org/

http://queens.about.com/od/petsanimals/index_a.htm

http://www.queenstribune.com/guides/...ice/animal.htm

This one has a list of shelters in the area that you asked for

http://cats.about.com/library/weekly/aa061401a.htm

This also has a few shelters on this page

http://queens.about.com/od/petsanimals/index_r.htm

Sheelagh *o*

Old September 18th 07, 02:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On 14 Sep, 03:45, "Matthew" wrote:
"Cheryl" wrote in message

On Thu 13 Sep 2007 10:33:55p, Matthew wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
:

"Lynne" wrote in message
6.97.142...
on Fri, 14 Sep 2007 02:16:39 GMT, Cheryl
wrote:

snipped

???????????????????????????????????????????

Am I missing something here or are both of off you medicine
tonight

I'm fine. How are you?

--
Cheryl

Ok still on a sugar rush from my cookies

I goggled her email I don't think it is a troll just someone desperate
Either way I emailed Phil- Hide quoted text -

I agree.

I don't think anyone would come to this group & say something like
that, because she is leaving herself open to criticism. Anyone who
does that is either desperate, or stupid & Judging by the evidence, I
don't think she sounds stupid.

If you treat people with that kind of cynicism is very unlikely to
come back & take another kicking, are they?
What message does this send out too?
I thought people came here for advise, not to be abused verbally.
K.

Old September 18th 07, 10:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Grace

I'm new here, and really have no right to comment on what has
transpired this thread, but, I feel that I must reply. I formerly
did animal rescue---though not for the last twelve years. I
discovered during the period of time that I rescued, that often,
people would hang on to their pets until the last minute, because they
desperately hoped that their situations would change. *Maybe the
landlord will let me keep my pet after all. Maybe I won't have to
move. etc.* It would have been grossly unfair for me to question
their motives for doing so and to refuse to help, not only to them,
but to the animal in question as well. Thank you Matthew, Sheelagh
and Paul, for your helpful suggestions, and the kindness that you
offered to this woman. Matthew, I posted my thanks to you privately,
but just wanted to give you a public thank you as well. You have a
wonderful heart.

Grace

Old September 19th 07, 12:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cheryl

On Tue 18 Sep 2007 07:20:13p, Matthew wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
:

snip holier than thou bullcrap
You all can be mad at me, cuss at me, flame me, whatever but you
know I am right. Whether you were joking, being ****ed off at
the poster or whatever the slap in the face is the one time
someone needed help they got what they got.

You're hysterical. Go take a nap.

--
Cheryl

Old September 19th 07, 06:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Lynne" wrote in message
. 97.142...
on Tue, 18 Sep 2007 23:15:11 GMT, Cheryl
wrote:

Agreed, either one works for me, but I still don't believe it was
sincere. And like I said before, I usually refrain from even
replying. Or more accurately, I refrain NOW from replying to troll
posts, or getting in the middle of the muck in this group. I like
it better this way. It got old and causes disrupt within the group,
but some people *looking at Matthew* seem to like to have people to
vilify.

What's ironic is that I'm ALWAYS restrained when these morons show up.
This one time I posted something completely ridiculous that I KNEW no one
in their right mind would take seriously, something funny. I am not the
least bit sorry, either. (Your reply slayed me, BTW! haha!!)

I also don't believe the original post was sincere, not for a second.
Matthew sure is making a statement, but I don't think it is the one he
intends!

Regardless, it amounts to stupid people in defense of stupid people.

Matthew is not stupid, but has a big tender heart that sometimes softens
his head.

Old September 19th 07, 06:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Cheryl" wrote
I often watch the posters who attack posts like
this and both shake my head at the disbelief of even asking the
question in the first place, then the onslaught of attacks.

I think I have reached this exalted place ... OMMMM

lol

Old September 20th 07, 03:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mlbriggs

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 14:20:21 -0700, Grace wrote:

[...]

IMHO Matthew is the glue that holds this group together.
MLB

Old September 20th 07, 02:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh >o

On 20 Sep, 03:56, mlbriggs wrote:
[...]

MLB- Hide quoted text -

IMHO I agree