Merlin - Day 2 - New Name (Long)

Old September 7th 03, 05:14 AM
Steve Touchstone

Default Merlin - Day 2 - New Name (Long)

adorable, can really see his markings and he's going be one handsome
cat-dude.

On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 03:21:05 GMT, "Stacey"
wrote:

Hiya! Well, we've decided Merlin doesn't fit. For now we're going with
Mugatu (Zoolander fans unite!), but it could change tomorrow.

The little guy is a bundle of energy. Must be nice to have a life that
consists of play-eat-poop-sleep. We took him over to my parents tonight so
he could run around (we can't let him have the run of the house yet, with
The Moose around). He had a blast climbing and running and playing with my
parent's siamese, Tucker. Mugatu is so cute, he arches his back and prances
sideways on his tippy toes... trying to intimidate Tucker. They had a good
time... now my mom is thinking she needs a kitten for Tucker. Dad is
thrilled, NOT!

He loves to play in the litterbox, he skitters around and sticks his nose in
the litter, then licks the litter off his nose, then spits and spurts! Mom
got out a small round bowl for him to use as a litter box... dad said it was
too small.. but Moogie (hmmmm new name?) got in it and started spinning
around and playing, making Mom giggle. But when he sat to pee, he looked up
at me and began chirping (he chirps, rather than meows) as if to say "It's
TOO SMALL! Grampa is right!". So we got a dishpan and poured the litter into
it and plopped him in. After playing around a bit and getting litter all
over him, he sat down, peed and jumped out.

He's eating like a pig. I got him Kitten Chow and a few small cans of
Friskies kitten food (moist). He inhales the moist and chomps the dry pretty
well. It says on the can to feed the kitten 3-4 times a day as much as he
wants... good Lord.. we'll have to rename him Sumo or something if he keeps
it up.

Moogie is really sweet and snuggly, which is a big benefit. I love snuggly
kitties! He also purrs when he's in full kill mode. So if he's purring, look
out, since you may lose a finger!

We've set Moogie down next to Patrick, Nancy and Mr. Bob, with no reaction
but sniffing. Patrick gave him one little growl, but showed no outward signs
of agression. Nancy is basically disinterested but Mr. Bob has a big green
streak down his back, he doesn't like his Daddy touching that kitten. Moogie
has decided that the d*g must die and puts up a mighty hiss-spit fuss
whenever she barks or comes near. I think The Moose is afraid of the kitten,
if not safely weary of it. Hopefully this will be the cat that puts the d*g
in her place.

On another note, Miss Nancy is putting on some weight (we don't weigh her,
we can just tell) since her de-sexing. We think she's not throwing up as
much, either. Today the kitten dry heaved once and I thought "Oh great,
another puker!", but he didn't actually expectorate anything.

I've put up some new pictures in Catslaves. http://tinyurl.com/meln will
take you to the pic I posted the other day, you can see the new pics from
there as well (I'm lazy!).

I've been trying to keep up with all the posts lately, but am lagging in my
abilities as such. So please know that I am praying and all are purring for
those in need (and even those not in need).

OK, I'm done blabbering.

-
Stacey

Hugs, Not Bugs!
||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| |||||
http://home.rochester.rr.com/stave508
||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| |||||
If I want to hear the pitter patter of little feet, I'll put shoes on the
cats!

Old September 7th 03, 05:52 AM
Marina

Aww, he is so cute. With all that running around, he needs a lot of food. I
don't think you need to worry about him becoming fat. ;o) Mugatu - Moog
sounds like a good name for him.

--
Marina

Old September 7th 03, 02:49 PM
bewtifulfreak

Stacey wrote:

I've put up some new pictures in Catslaves. http://tinyurl.com/meln
will take you to the pic I posted the other day, you can see the new
pics from there as well (I'm lazy!).

Oh, my God, Stace, he's SOOOOO *cute*!!!! You are so lucky to have such an
adorable little guy, he sounds like a barrel of fun.

Erian's (hubby) cuz called yesterday about the kitten, but we missed
her....even tried popping over cuz the phone was busy for ages, so I figured
they'd be in, but no such luck. But hopefully today we'll be picking up
our bundle of fun, and I finally borrowed MIL's scanner and picked up the
pix of him/her with mom and sibs, so I'll be posting them soon (and probably
some new ones shortly thereafter)! `

Congrats again on your new addition, Stacey, he is so dang *adorable*!

Hugs,
Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

Old September 7th 03, 06:36 PM
polonca12000

Thanks for the update, I really enjoyed reading it. Now I wish I had a
little kitten.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Stacey" wrote in message
Hiya! Well, we've decided Merlin doesn't fit. For now we're going with
Mugatu (Zoolander fans unite!), but it could change tomorrow.

snip

Old September 7th 03, 07:50 PM
Stacey

Thanks, Ann! He's just so much fun... I forgot how great it was to have a
kitten around the house.

And DH is in love, too! So much for not wanting another cat, huh?

Stacey

Old September 7th 03, 09:46 PM
Brenda Watkins

"Stacey" wrote in message
[...]

that little guy is so precious! I love those little toes...
Brenda

Old September 7th 03, 10:08 PM
polonca12000

Absolutely adorable! Thank you so much for sharing the pics with us.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

snip I've put up some new pictures in Catslaves. http://tinyurl.com/meln

Merlin - Day 1 Stacey Cat anecdotes 12 September 8th 03 08:24 PM
Cheeky's story - long Lois Reay Cat anecdotes 2 September 2nd 03 11:55 AM
Callisto's retirement news (long) dsh-diva Cat anecdotes 4 August 25th 03 10:48 PM
Gem the Gray Kitten (long) Annie Benson-Lennaman Cat anecdotes 21 August 25th 03 01:02 AM
Otis - LONG - reflections on finding him polonca12000 Cat anecdotes 2 August 12th 03 08:08 PM