Pics of my newest furbaby

Old November 2nd 08, 08:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Lucy[_3_]

Default Pics of my newest furbaby = Update

Sorry about the broken links and all.

I have it on my Ameritech server now with all the links fixed if
anyone interested.

The URL is http://users.ameritech.net/lestark/samspage.htm

What a handsome cat with a wonderful face! I wouldn't have been able to
resist him, either.

Julie
Old November 2nd 08, 07:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Samuel Redcat Mahoney

I have it on my Ameritech server now with all the links fixed if
anyone interested.

The URL is http://users.ameritech.net/lestark/samspage.htm

What a handwome kitty boy! But then, us oring boycats are something
special.

Sammy
Old November 3rd 08, 12:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

""What a handsome kitty boy! But then, us oring boycats are something
special.""

Mineown name iz O T Mahoney anna I suppordt diz messaij."

Sorry had to do that one last time!!!!

Old November 5th 08, 02:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
kraut

Default Pics of my newest furbaby = URGENT HELP NEEDED

I know some people do not like top posting and am sorry.

Will start with short version of below post.

I took in a loving cat someone left behind when moving and I had
nuetered and I was feeding and fell in love with. Long version below.

Thing is that he has settled in fine except he loves to play and when
he tries to play with the toys or the four I had
( http://users.ameritech.net/lestark/page1.htm ) they turn on him.
But yet when ever he (Samson) comes out they are all right there so
naturaly Samson wants to play with them. At night all I here is
fighting and am up half the night seperating them and when I am gone
overnight which I am a couple nights a week I come home to cat hair
all over floor from tussles.

The thing is that Sam (Not Samson - I have a Sam and Samson) is the
ring leader and he did the same to my 17 years old Kitty who for the
last few years has taken to staying in the bedroom except at night
when others are sleeping. Now Samson has started keeping to the
bedroom after only about a week plus the other originals stay out of
sight now too because of things.

The only good things to come out of it is the Kitty and Samson now are
buddies and share the bedroom with no problem and Kitty follows Samson
around and they do not tussle. Maybe because they both get picked on.

Thing is something has to change and most likely someone has to go.
Will it be Samson the new one which I could find no one to take so he
would have to be dumped back on the street (NO) or go to a shelter of
which there are no "No kill shelter" available. Or will it be Sam who
I have had for 5 or 6 years but is the trouble maker and always has
been. Every chance he gets he attacks the others and is the reason
Kitty keeps to the bedroom. Sam bit Rascal on her stomach and they
had to put a tube in to drain the infection from it a couple years
back.

There is a third choice: Just leave things for a while and see what
happens. But when I brought Samson (The new one) home he loved to be
held and walk over me. Thanks to Sam he has changed completely.
Kitty was the same and change when I got her thanks to Sam.

Any sensible suggestions please?? I live in an apartment and can not
lock them in seperate rooms or what ever. If you HAD to get rid of
one which one?? I love them all dearly.

TIA

http://users.ameritech.net/lestark/samspage.htm His name is Samson

Just thought that I would post some pics of my newest baby.

Not sure of age but is a male orange tabby that neighbors left behind
beginning of summer when they moved. I thought I had a home for him
so I had him neutered and got his first shots but then it fell though.

I been feeding him and setting with him 3 or 4 hours a day if not more
all summer and putting him in ex's garage at night and she puts him
out in AM. Only thing is that is is getting colder in Michigan now
and I do not want him to spend days out in the cold nor locked in a
garage all the time so ------------

He has gotten attached to me and vice versa. He loves to be held and
lay on me went he gets the chance. When I lean over he leans on me
and trys to bat me on the head or nip at my nose. When I feed the
birds, squirrels, etc he chases me accross the yard and leaps on my
leg and wraps his paws around me.

I have a good landlord here. The limit on pets is 3 for our area and
this is my fifth. I talked to the landlord and he said he has no
problem as long as I keep the apartment up and not let them make a
mess. I been here for 20 years and have always had cats and he has
seen how the place is taken care of. I hope he adjusts to the four I
have already. I will keep trying to find him a good home but until
then I guess my ither babies gained another brother.

Sorry for carrying on. Hi pics are posted at
http://users.ameritech.net/lestark/samspage.htm His name is Samson

Check my new baby out and send purrs along for a happy family here.

TIA

Old November 5th 08, 03:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Daniel Mahoney

Any sensible suggestions please?? I live in an apartment and can not
lock them in seperate rooms or what ever. If you HAD to get rid of
one which one?? I love them all dearly.

1) Try plugging in Feliway diffusers in the rooms where the kitties tend
to fight
2) Rescue Remedy in their water might help
3) Perhaps antidepressants for Sam? Kitty Prozac can sometimes help
mellow out agressiveness

A week seems like a long time when kitties aren't getting along, but it
isn't really all that long.
Old November 5th 08, 04:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
kraut

On Wed, 05 Nov 2008 09:43:01 -0600, Daniel Mahoney
wrote:

Any sensible suggestions please?? I live in an apartment and can not
lock them in seperate rooms or what ever. If you HAD to get rid of
one which one?? I love them all dearly.

1) Try plugging in Feliway diffusers in the rooms where the kitties tend
to fight
2) Rescue Remedy in their water might help
3) Perhaps antidepressants for Sam? Kitty Prozac can sometimes help
mellow out agressiveness

A week seems like a long time when kitties aren't getting along, but it
isn't really all that long.

Granted a week is not long but if you read the original post which you
did not include so other know what we are talking about I said he has
been doing it for years with Kitty and that he bit Rascal a couple
years ago and she became infected. So you see it is not a new thing
going on.

ORIGINAL POST FOLLOWS

Old November 5th 08, 04:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Cheryl P.[_2_]

If Sam is incurably aggressive, he might have to go. If he isn't - that
is, if his aggression is at a reasonably tolerable level, in spite of
having injured another cat some time ago - give it longer than a week.
Give it weeks - maybe even more than a month, especially if there is a
lot of sound and fury, but no more actual injuries. Make sure they each
have an easily-defended cat carrier or cage or box or something to lurk
in when it all gets a bit much.

When I introduced Betsy to Mandy (both, alas, RB), I nearly gave up,
because Mandy, aggressive and highly territorial, didn't respond as I
had expected to the arrival of a companion for the long lonely hours
when I was at work. One of them even left a streak of blood from a
bitten ear along a wall. After a few weeks, I asked TED for advice when
I took one of them in for a routine checkup and she suggested letting
them settle their dominance issues themselves, and that I should stop
trying to act as a kind of kitty combat referee, distracting them or
breaking up fights. I did, and things settled down a lot in another
couple of weeks, although they never did become really buddy-buddy.

Give it time - unless, as I said, you've tried to deal with Sam's
aggression and it's really out of control, in which case he should go
for the peace of the other cats. Sam may be a cat that simply needs to
be the only cat in a house, and can't take the presence of other cats.
Or he may be a rambunctious animal who doesn't actually do much harm.
You live with him, you know which it is better than anyone else.

Cheryl
Old November 6th 08, 12:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
kraut

On Wed, 05 Nov 2008 13:29:18 -0330, "Cheryl P."
wrote:

[...]

Thanks all for the replies.

I will give them a chance to settle their problems among themselves as
long as no one gets majorly hurt. I love all these flea lines and am
not going to boot any of them out if I do not have to unless it is my
Samson that I took in last supposedly til I found a good loving home
for him. I would have to really be sure of what kind of home he was
going to before I let him go.

Our newest Fur-Baby needs a name!!!! PLEASE help!!! :) Nany4Baby Cat anecdotes 16 July 18th 06 11:56 AM
My newest web site CatNipped Cat anecdotes 8 June 29th 05 04:26 PM
we have a new furbaby!! CK Cat anecdotes 86 December 6th 04 03:20 PM
New furbaby!!!!! LOL Cat anecdotes 14 August 10th 04 03:13 AM
My Newest Obsession Mary Pelis Cat anecdotes 19 December 19th 03 09:25 PM