Important News!

Old November 2nd 08, 05:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Shahna[_2_]

Default Important News!

Hi every kitty and human,

Life's been a mess for me but I'm hanging in there. First, last year,
my husband nearly died and then had a second major surgery earlier
this year. My mother-in-law passed away this past July, we cared for
her 24/7 in her final months. My father passed away Oct. 16, after
almost three months on life support; and now my mother's health is
failing rapidly - dad dying didn't help, they were married for 61
years.

If that wasn't enough --

When I went to post my monthly Happi Purrday message, I found out
Comcast discontinued their newsgroup server. Soooooo, I tried to find
a Usenet server via my Earthlink account, nope, and then my Yahoo!
account, no there too. Refusing to scour endlessly for a freebie
nntp, and utterly unwilling to pay anything, I finally remembered my
Google account. (Yeah, I know, four accounts may seem like a lot but I
have a couple more - nothing is going to stop me from being online!)

Good old Google.

So, now I'm using Google to access this group.

If I disappear - if the December purrday list is not posted by Dec.
2nd, please, please, someone e-mail me and let me know! Also, it will
enable me to send the list via e-mail for someone else to post if I
loose Google. My e-mail addresses are or
or . Thanks!

Anti Evelyn, meowmie of Shahna and Shadow
Old November 2nd 08, 06:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs ^..^[_4_]

On Sat, 1 Nov 2008 22:13:10 -0700 (PDT), Shahna's nimble, little paws
typed:

[...]

Sorry to read of this, my sympathies are extended,

As for a news server I'd suggest:
http://news.datemas.de/ for $5 a
year, which I use; or http://news.aioe.org/ which is free, but a bit
flaky and which I keep as a backup.Anything is better than Google!

--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

little, the cats become its visible soul.â€
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

11/2/2008 1:07:36 PM
Old November 2nd 08, 09:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Debby Hanoka[_2_]

So, now I'm using Google to access this group.

No need for that. Set your newsreader for nntp.aioe.org -- it's free,
but it's text-only.

Debby
Old November 3rd 08, 01:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_3_] Mosey =^..^=[_3_] is offline
Banned

"Debby Hanoka"
So, now I'm using Google to access this group.

No need for that. Set your newsreader for nntp.aioe.org -- it's free,
but it's text-only.

Debby

First of all, I'm sending my deepest sympathies on your loss and trials.
Bless your heart, You are in my purrayers.
Google sucks. I used to have Comcast too but now I have individual.net
which about $20 or less a year.

Love
Kyla
Mosey's hoomin

Old November 3rd 08, 04:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Cory[_5_]

In article 02c3a67e-b505-4caa-aceb-18c8d76ec360
@a3g2000prm.googlegroups.com, says...
So, now I'm using Google to access this group.

No need for that. Set your newsreader for nntp.aioe.org -- it's free,
but it's text-only.

Debby

I use Motzarella. It is free, also.

http://news.motzarella.org/

--- Cory
Old November 9th 08, 03:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Ray or Fran

Many supportive purrs for everything you and your family are and have been
going through. Please, if at possible, try and take extra special care of
yourself as well.

Fran and the purring Puddi

Remove "spam" from addy to reply

Old November 9th 08, 08:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Ajo Clowder >^.^[_2_]

Purrrrs for you and your family.
Anti Gabrielle with Ralph, Fred, Alice, Jane, Ricky, Mary, and Judith

Shahna wrote:
Hi every kitty and human,

Life's been a mess for me but I'm hanging in there. 8 gentle snip
Anti Evelyn, meowmie of Shahna and Shadow