Purrs Needed - Banana has Pneumonia

Old August 28th 03, 09:42 PM
Arthur Shapiro

Default Purrs Needed - Banana has Pneumonia

My older Manx kitty Banana Simian has been having labored, constantly audible
breathing for a couple weeks, although she doesn't appear to be in pain.

Last week I ran her into the vet, who determined that the rather eerie noises
were coming primarily from her throat. Major blood tests came back
reasonable, given the age - nothing more remarkable than slightly elevated
kidney readings. He put her on diluted nose drops for three days, and an
antibotic (Amoxy) which has continued to date. She really hadn't been getting
any better, so I took her in yesterday.

A mild (at this point) case of pneumonia was diagnosed with xrays. They kept
her all day, treating her with some sort of medications air-dispersed via
nebulizer, and sent her home with a different antibotic. Today through
Saturday she'll be given one nebulizer treatment and she's there right now..

Needless to say, I'm quite concerned that this unusual (to me) problem isn't
clearing up. She's had a pretty tough life, including losing her ears to skin
cancer and being extremely lame. She's a real sweetie and obviously I'm
hoping this latest round of treatment can bring her around.

If anyone cares: http://members.cox.net/mybrainhurts/BananaStory.htm will show
some pictures of her. I'd be grateful for some warm thoughts for the girl.

Art

Old August 28th 03, 11:09 PM
Tanada

Arthur Shapiro wrote:

A mild (at this point) case of pneumonia was diagnosed with xrays. They kept
her all day, treating her with some sort of medications air-dispersed via
nebulizer, and sent her home with a different antibotic. Today through
Saturday she'll be given one nebulizer treatment and she's there right now..

Needless to say, I'm quite concerned that this unusual (to me) problem isn't
clearing up. She's had a pretty tough life, including losing her ears to skin
cancer and being extremely lame. She's a real sweetie and obviously I'm
hoping this latest round of treatment can bring her around.

Purrs and healing thoughts going out to Banana from us all. Poor girl
has been through the wars, hasn't she? Please keep us updated on her
progress. We do care in here.

Pam, Rob, and the NC nine
Old August 28th 03, 11:24 PM
lrulan

Purrs and prayers indeed for poor Banana Sim. We hope he recovers quickly.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

Old August 28th 03, 11:37 PM
Victor M. Martinez

Purrs for a speedy recovery!

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Old August 29th 03, 12:00 AM
Shirley

Purrs and warm thoughts for Banana to recover quickly.

She is very regal looking.

--
Shirley
see my cats at

Old August 29th 03, 12:46 AM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Arthur Shapiro at
wrote on 8/28/03 3:42 PM:

[...]

Very warm thoughts and purrs that Banana is now on the right course to
recovery. I always remember Banana's story.

Karen

Old August 29th 03, 02:30 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 20:42:31 GMT, (Arthur
Shapiro) wrote:

[...]

Sending purrs that this treatment will in fact clear up her problems

Old August 29th 03, 02:31 AM
Brenda Watkins

[...]

purrs enroute.
Brenda

RB purrs please Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 11 August 29th 03 06:13 PM
Fire purrs jen.d Cat anecdotes 12 August 24th 03 11:48 PM
Uninterrupted purrs Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 2 August 24th 03 06:57 AM
Purrs for a special lady's cat polonca12000 Cat anecdotes 1 August 12th 03 10:38 PM
Purrs for Andy RBinCA Cat anecdotes 1 July 9th 03 04:22 AM