SAW TED YESTERDAY .....

Old September 6th 03, 10:47 AM
Renee Darvin

Default SAW TED YESTERDAY .....

Hi all!

I've been really busy lately working on second (and third!) book in my
series -- and doing a commissioned drawing of Kwan Yin. Finished it
today. I think. Also recuperating from eye surgery.

We took Creampuff to see Dr. Moreland, as he has had some distressing
symptoms. She took a blood sample and said his thyroid reading is very
high. We have PILLS (!) to give him for two weeks, then she will test
him again.

Have any of your babies gone this route????

Hugs to all furpeople,

Renee

"Time spent with cats is never wasted." Colette "I've
traveled a long way -- and some of the roads weren't paved!" Anon
"I am too blessed to be stressed" Anon

Old September 6th 03, 06:04 PM
Marina

"Renee Darvin" wrote

We took Creampuff to see Dr. Moreland, as he has had some distressing
symptoms. She took a blood sample and said his thyroid reading is very
high. We have PILLS (!) to give him for two weeks, then she will test
him again.

Have any of your babies gone this route????

Both my cats have hyperthyroidism. They both get medicines twice a day for
it. I'm surprised that your vet wants to take another blood test after only
two weeks. My vet says it takes about a month after the medication has been
started for the thyroid level to even out. I am right now waiting to take
Frank back to TED to check his thryoid level after I increased his dosage. I
will have to wait until next month, though, because I've only given him the
higher dosage for a few days yet.

It's the same with humans and the thyroid, any changes take about a month to
become evident. I've had my thyroid gland removed (it was infested with
malign cancer), and have to take the thyroid hormone orally each day. Every
time my dosage is changed, the test to check my levels are taken one month
after the dosage has been changed.

Many purrs that Creampuff recovers and does well on the medicines.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old September 6th 03, 07:41 PM
polonca12000

You really have been busy. Purrs for your eyes to recuperate well and soon.
Also purrs for Creampuff to start feeling well with the medication.
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Renee Darvin" wrote in message

Hi all!

I've been really busy lately working on second (and third!) book in my
series -- and doing a commissioned drawing of Kwan Yin. Finished it
today. I think. Also recuperating from eye surgery.

We took Creampuff to see Dr. Moreland, snip

Old September 7th 03, 08:45 PM
catsruleok

"Renee Darvin" wrote in message

Hi all!

I've been really busy lately working on second (and third!) book in my
series -- and doing a commissioned drawing of Kwan Yin. Finished it
today. I think. Also recuperating from eye surgery.

We took Creampuff to see Dr. Moreland, as he has had some distressing
symptoms. She took a blood sample and said his thyroid reading is very
high. We have PILLS (!) to give him for two weeks, then she will test
him again.

Have any of your babies gone this route????

Hugs to all furpeople,

Renee

Hi Renee,

I've had three cats with over-active thyroids. In each case, only one thyroid was not working
properly.

Thalia's condition was diagnosed about five years ago. She has been on the same dose of the same
medication all this time. I keep a close eye on her and if nothing about her gives me cause for
concern, I get her thyroid checked every six months. Thalia is now nearly 17.

Sylvia's over-active thyroid was diagnosed two years ago. She was given the same meds as Thalia
but when they failed to control her symptoms, my vet switched her to another med. When this again
failed to control her symptoms, she had a unilateral thyroidectomy. Again I keep a close eye on
her.. At this time, my vet is happy to check Sylvia's thyroid hormone level only once a year.
Sylvia is 11. Thankfully, all seems to be well with her..

Gemma, who, sadly, is no longer with us, got so stressed each time I tried to give her her meds for
her over-active thyroid that my vet and I quickly decided that would be kindest for her to have a
unilateral thyroidectomy. She had this when she was about 12. She had no further problems with her
thyroid.

I hope that all will be plain sailing for Creampuff.

Best wishes

Sheenah