Can Shasta be an honorary Cat?

Old September 7th 03, 05:08 AM
Marina

Default Can Shasta be an honorary Cat?

"CATherine" wrote
snip

So, she got a steroid shot and Clavamox for three weeks, antibacterial
spray for the rash and Nystatin for the raw spots and allergy shampoo
for daily baths for a week and 2-3 times a week after that. And I
spent the day washing my son's blankets and vacuuming his room and
especially under the bed and spraying Mite-X.

snip

Oh, my, what a regimen. Of course Shasta can have purrs. We are also sending
meatloaf meditations for her to feel better soon.

--
Marina

Old September 7th 03, 05:14 AM
Steve Touchstone

Purrs that you can get Shasta's alleregies under control.

I'm sort of a newby in the group, and this might be something that has
to be referred to the Mothership, but I think certain d*gs can be
voted honorary cat-status. If so I'll second your nomination of
Shasta.

On 7 Sep 2003 03:08:30 GMT, CATherine
wrote:

Shasta has spent her life with three cats. She often plays like a cat
with her buddy, Amber. And she can't stand other dogs except (after a
year) tolerating my son's best friend's dogs; at his house only!

I ask because Shasta could maybe use a few tailwags or even the famous
purrs. With all the ragweed this year her allergies are in overdrive.
She just spent some time at the vet and is undergoing a regimen of
treatment.

She has been biting a rash all over her sides and belly. And then we
discovered her fluffy tail was concealing an infected site on the
underside of her tail and on her buttocks. It was so sensitive the vet
couldn't examine her even with a muzzle on her.

So they took a blood test and had me come back the next day for
anesthesia. Then they bathed and clipped hair and found the rash was
more extensive than we thought. And the infection under tail was
pretty bad.

So, she got a steroid shot and Clavamox for three weeks, antibacterial
spray for the rash and Nystatin for the raw spots and allergy shampoo
for daily baths for a week and 2-3 times a week after that. And I
spent the day washing my son's blankets and vacuuming his room and
especially under the bed and spraying Mite-X.

The cats were interested in the picking up of Jeff's junk and finding
places to put it and organizing it. But they did not appreciate the
vacuuming. I guess I don't do it often enough for them to get used to
it! But I will have to change my ways. Poor Shasta needs it.

CATherine

Old September 7th 03, 05:31 AM
Karen Chuplis

in article , CATherine at
wrote on 9/6/03 10:08 PM:

[...]

Purrs for Shasta to get over these miserable allergies.

karen

Old September 7th 03, 01:23 PM
JBHajos

wrote:

I ask because Shasta could maybe use a few tailwags or even the famous
purrs. With all the ragweed this year her allergies are in overdrive.

Most certainly, Sandy sends doggy woofs & wags and the kitties chime
in with many purrs for Shasta, a bona fide "honorary cat." Best
wishes to you, too, during this regimen (as if you don't have your
hands full already!!), that all goes well.

Jeanne
Old September 7th 03, 02:48 PM
Alan Erskine

"CATherine" wrote in message
Shasta has spent her life with three cats. She often plays like a cat
with her buddy, Amber. And she can't stand other dogs except (after a
year) tolerating my son's best friend's dogs; at his house only!

I ask because Shasta could maybe use a few tailwags or even the famous
purrs. With all the ragweed this year her allergies are in overdrive.
She just spent some time at the vet and is undergoing a regimen of
treatment.

sneezing and scratching in psychosomatic empathy

Many purrs for Shasta.
--
Alan Erskine
alanerskine(at)optusnet.com.au

Old September 7th 03, 06:02 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

Purrs for poor Shasta to feel much better soon, from me and the Crew
(including Wolfie Cat, who is an honorary D*g).

Ginger-lyn

Old September 7th 03, 06:30 PM
polonca12000

Poor Shasta! Lots of hopes, best wishes and purrs for her problems to go
away,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"CATherine" wrote in message
Shasta has spent her life with three cats. snip

Old September 7th 03, 07:19 PM
SUQKRT

In article , CATherine
wrote:

The cats were interested in the picking up of Jeff's junk and finding
places to put it and organizing it. But they did not appreciate the
vacuuming. I guess I don't do it often enough for them to get used to
it! But I will have to change my ways. Poor Shasta needs it.

CATherine

Purrs that Shasta feels better soon.
Suz
Iron Chef Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Chocolate heals all wounds.
Old September 7th 03, 08:15 PM
lrulan

oh, poor puppy. Of course, we will add Shasta to our purrs and prayers. God
loves all his 4-legged creatures, even the d*ogs. We hope Shasta finds
relief SOON!
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan