Kitten/older cat update

Old June 18th 10, 08:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default Kitten/older cat update

"Sherry" wrote
Congratulations.

Thank you ...

I should pop in here more often and keep up.

Yeah, I wish you would. I have always enjoyed your posts.

Bella will help keep Gracie young, I swear.

That is really what seems to be happening. Best of all possible outcomes,
and it could have been so different.

We had an older kitten stray up a few months ago. She's like Bella.She
patiently waits on the others to finish the food, then she cleans the
bowl. She knows her place, and it's the bottom of the totem pole.

But she doesn't mind. She's polite, like Bella.

Isn't that just the sweetest thing? It is particularly sweet for those of us
who have had cats who were *coughcough* not quite that polite.

Easiest cat I have ever integrated. The other three like her; even play
with her. Boots
has resigned herself to a tolerant, if seething, hatred from a distance.
That'll work for now.

I might as well go ahead and say this and present myself as a total fruit
loop to those who don't know me. This kitten appeared *in the garage* the
day after Yoda was euthanized. She adores water, like Yoda. She's a lap
cat, like Yoda. She lays on anything I try to read, like Yoda. She slings
dry food out of the bowl and eats it off the floor, like Yoda did. I could
go on and on.

I think she *is* Yoda.

Nothing fruit loopy about that in my book. Bella chose us. eight weeks old
and reached a paw out to us at the SPCA, little eyes glue with gunk. There's
a lot happening out there in the ether.

Anyoo. I did not mean to hijack Bella's thread. Enjoy her. She is
an incredibly lucky little cat.

That was no hijack! That was a great post. What is the new kitten's name?

Old June 18th 10, 08:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Candace" wrote

Things have gotten worse due to the economy cat dumping. Everyone is
fine but I worry about them, of course, knowing their situation is not
ideal but it's pretty good.

They are so lucky to have you. You must have spent a fortune on those
outside kitties.

Our 3 indoor cats are also doing fine. I blog a lot which is why I'm absent
from here but I'll check in more regularly, I hope.

I hope you will!

Old June 21st 10, 02:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sherry

On Jun 18, 2:41*pm, "cybercat" wrote:
[...]

That's the rip. She still doesn't have a name. I can't believe it,
either.
First it was "the Kitten", then that evolved to "Babycat" which
doesn't
sound right either, but she does respond to it now. I've started
trying
to call her "Abby", since that sounds a lot like "Baby" and won't seem
so ridiculous when she's an old lady.
Sherry