I'm worried for my cats safety

Old June 14th 10, 05:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
David Smith

Default I'm worried for my cats safety

I'm worried for my cats safety.

She's been staying out all night since the weather got warm,
and stays out a lot during the day. Tonight, right at dusk I
was about to go outside for some fresh air, when I got to the
door I saw my cat standing on her hind legs looking at
something. There was a fox heading for her, she jumped onto a
planter. The fox was going right for her like it was about to
pounce. I let it see me and it ran away, looking back as it
ran.

My cat is naive and acted like she had no clue she was about
to be eaten. She's eight years old but has always been lucky
so far. At night she often stays in a tree, but also stays
below the tree where she can climb it if danger comes.

I've been leaving food out at night and her cat friends come
over to visit and eat.

I guess I'll start spending more time outside to protect my
cat. I've got a snap trap I can put out but I'm worried it
would catch a cat instead.

I know someone will tell me to keep her inside all the time
but that would be like keeping her a prisoner and she likes
to be outside in the fresh air and sunshine with her friends.

*Damn Fox*.

I had a puppy that cried all night so I started leaving it
outside. It did a lot better outside but still cried at night.
The other morning at 05:30 it was crying. When I went out at
07:00 it was nowhere to be found. The neighbors said they
would let me know if they see it but I have my doubts now that
it will ever show back up.

I'm going to leave my cat inside at night for at least a few
nights and stop putting food out for the neighborhood cats.
The cats around here are about half starved. The other night
we had rain so it was late when I put food out. When I looked
out there was a cat frantically looking for the dinner bowl.

I'll check to see about buying a live trap big enough for a
fox. Animals like my land as it has lots of water and vegetation
compared to other property around here.

Any suggestions?
David
Old June 14th 10, 05:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MLB[_2_]

David Smith wrote:
[...]

Buy some TROLL deodorant.
Old June 14th 10, 07:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
David Smith

On 06/13/2010 11:52 PM, MLB wrote:
David Smith wrote:
[...]

What the hell is that supposed to mean? you *SOB*

Old June 14th 10, 10:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
honeybunch

David Smith wrote:
[...]

What the hell is that supposed to mean? you *SOB*- Hide quoted text -

It means that its difficult to believe that you are sincere about the
safety of the animals in your care. Leaving a crying puppy outside
all night is sadistic and the same with leaving your cat outside after
you saw a fox trying to kill it. Please do not write to this list
anymore. We dont like you.
Old June 14th 10, 11:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

"David Smith" wrote

I'm worried for my cats safety.

No, you are a troll.

door I saw my cat standing on her hind legs looking at
something. There was a fox heading for her, she jumped onto a
planter.

Troll alert 1

Cats dont stand like that or jump in spots with no 'out'.

The rest is just more of the same.
Old June 15th 10, 11:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
David Smith

David Smith wrote:
[...]

Grow up bitch, I don't like you either.

Old June 15th 10, 11:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
David Smith

On 06/14/2010 05:58 PM, cshenk wrote:
"David Smith" wrote

I'm worried for my cats safety.

No, you are a troll.

door I saw my cat standing on her hind legs looking at
something. There was a fox heading for her, she jumped onto a
planter.

Troll alert 1

Cats dont stand like that or jump in spots with no 'out'.

The rest is just more of the same.

They damn sure do you dumb SOB

Old June 16th 10, 06:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Max[_2_]

Anyone who would leave a pet outside all night is a nut. Period. TOTAL
IRRESPONSIBILITY!!!
Old June 16th 10, 05:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
David Smith

On 06/15/2010 03:24 PM, Kelly Greene wrote:
"David Smith" wrote in message
I'm worried for my cats safety.

I know someone will tell me to keep her inside all the time
but that would be like keeping her a prisoner and she likes
to be outside in the fresh air and sunshine with her friends.

I once believed it would be like keeping them in prison too. I lost two
female cats that simply disappeared when I lived in the city. I lost
both male kitties to the fox and coyotes out here in the country. What a
horrible death for a cat. From now on all our cats will be indoor-only.
There are plenty of things they can do indoors to keep them occupied.
Just check out the cat toy and furniture section of any chain pet store.

Thank you for a decent reply to my post.