Help Needed Please!!

Old February 28th 05, 06:05 PM
nnaoj5

Default Help Needed Please!!

Max has started (within the last week) to slosh all of the water out of the
drinking bowl, with his paw. I have one of those bowls that takes a 2 liter
bottle. He gets the water every where. I changed to a smaller plastic Cool
whip bowl with towels under it. End up with soppy towels. Put the bowl on
a pie tin to collect the water. Put very small amount of water in it & just
refill more often. I am home all the time so I can do this. I would put
the water dish in the bathroom sink for Max, but my other cat is heavy &
could not get to it. Does any one have any suggestions? I threatened him
with a gerble(sp?) type bottle. Any help would be appreciated.

Jo Ann

Old February 28th 05, 06:42 PM
Gabey8

There are some bowls on the market built like these:

http://www.canvasbackpets.com/ShopSite/product1175.html
http://www.canvasbackpets.com/ShopSite/product540.html

whose drinking hole is narrower than the actual bowl. If they're
overturned, the water can't spill out. I suspect that it'd be a challenge
for him to splash much water out of a bowl like this.

Old February 28th 05, 06:50 PM
mlbriggs

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 12:05:19 -0500, nnaoj5 wrote:

Max has started (within the last week) to slosh all of the water out of the
drinking bowl, with his paw. I have one of those bowls that takes a 2 liter
bottle. He gets the water every where. I changed to a smaller plastic Cool
whip bowl with towels under it. End up with soppy towels. Put the bowl on
a pie tin to collect the water. Put very small amount of water in it & just
refill more often. I am home all the time so I can do this. I would put
the water dish in the bathroom sink for Max, but my other cat is heavy &
could not get to it. Does any one have any suggestions? I threatened him
with a gerble(sp?) type bottle. Any help would be appreciated.

Jo Ann

At either Petsmart or Petco you can purchase a Petmate drinking fountain.
This solved a similar problem for me... MLB
Old March 1st 05, 01:09 AM
Stormin Mormon

Teach him to drink out of the toilet. Can't tip that over.

"gerbil". My family used to have one. Got to see that word on the food boxes
for a couple years.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Old March 1st 05, 01:51 AM
nnaoj5

Funny you should say that! He can drink from the toilet! He sticks his paw
in & licks it off! I try to discourage this.

Jo Ann

Old March 1st 05, 01:55 AM
nnaoj5

Thanks so much for the idea! I cut a hope into the lid of the container &
fill it to the top with water & he can manage it without getting it all over
the floor!

Jo Ann

lkaboutpets.com...