Little Miss and the fan

Old July 23rd 05, 04:45 AM
MissysMom

Default Little Miss and the fan

It has been hot this week. So hot that I finally took the fan out of
the closet and set it up. The whole time I set it up, I worried that
the noise might scare Little Miss. After all, she dives for the closet
when the vaccuum starts up.

But did she dive for the closet? No, not my Little Miss. She went
straight for that fan and sniffed it all over, and tried to stick her
nose right between the screen that protects the blades. When, of
course, I would not let her go after those blades, she then tried to
swat at them as they slowed down to a stop. She was still swatting as
the fan went back into the closet.

*sigh* Luckily, I live in western Washington. It does not get that hot,
except for this time of year. I'll have to figure out a cat-proof way
to bring the fan out again. I hear it's going to be hot for a while.

--LMM (Little Missy's Mom), and the ever curious, yet still scratchy
and itchy Little Miss

Old July 23rd 05, 12:15 PM
Fritti Fritti is offline
Member

Location: The Netherlands
Send a message via Yahoo to Fritti

That's so sweet! I know the problem, my kitties are intrigued by the fan too. Maybe you can try tying a few colorful strings to the middle of the front screen so that they blow and twirl when the fan is on. That should create enough distraction. It did for my kitties. Of course they try to catch the strings, but that's not a bit as dangerous as trying to catch the blades.
Purrs,
Fritti and his gang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissysMom

Old July 23rd 05, 06:49 PM
MissysMom

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a try. Little Miss is a curious
little thing. She always wants to be right in the middle of whatever I
or anyone else happens to be doing, whether it is cooking, cleaning,
typing, reading, sleeping, showering, running, dusting, etc. etc. She
does learn. One day when she was very young, she poked her head in a
candle and singed her whiskers. Luckily, she wasn't hurt, but she does
stay away from candles now.

I love her to pieces, just don't want to see her in pieces.

Cheers!

--LMM (Little Missy's Mom) and the ever curious and adventurous Little
Miss

Old July 24th 05, 01:19 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

MissysMom wrote:

[...]

Both my fans have "cages" with protective screening too
narrow for a paw to fit between the spaces! They were
neither of them very expensive and, although small, are big
enough to do the job. However, being small, I can set them
atop the chest of drawers or a bookcase, which makes them
less accessible to a curious cat.

Old July 24th 05, 01:46 AM
CatNipped

"MissysMom" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Gross Warning!

I'm afraid of fans because of what happened when I was a child (back in the
stone age). We lived in New Orleans back before central air conditioning
(and even before window units were popular) and the house we had had a huge
fan in the ceiling of the hallway that sucked air into the attic. That,
combined with window fans usually kept the house livable.

However, one day our little parakeet got loose from her cage and started
flying around the house. Yep, you guessed it, she got sucked up into the
big attic fan and feathers and blood sprayed everywhere. I was
*horrified*!! The only fans I'll use now are the ones completely covered
with a grill.

Hugs,

CatNipped