My cat like lasagna

Old December 15th 05, 02:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default My cat like lasagna

Diane wrote:

In article ,
"Brandy Alexandre" wrote:

Diane wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

In article ,
"Brandy Alexandre" wrote:

Who are you and all these others, and why should I take my cues
from anonymous strangers, who looked stuff up on the notoriously
fallible web, over a leaving, breathing, knowledgeable
professional?

::: Cough :::

Okay, now you're being silly for the sake of being silly and
argumentative. Yes, personal pages on the Internet are
"notoriously fallible." But as I've said about a half dozen times,
I don't do my research on personal pages or Wikipedia or on other
"notoriously fallible" sites or sources. I do it on veterinary
sites (veterinarians with real names and real degrees on their
walls, surprisingly enough) and veterinary college sites. These
are as authoritative as it gets, and certainly as or more
authoritative than your personal veterinarian, who probably tells
you what you like to hear from your representation.

You have yet to tell me where these sites are and provide any
quotations. I can only rely on information I can confirm, not on your
hearsay.

As I said, you can find them yourself since you so sarcastically said,
"Anyone can Google." So Google. Had you not been so contentious, I would
help you out. You seem much more interested in arguing than in actually
learning anything. With that attitude, I can't help you. You have to
want to learn. No one can make you.

And as far as I'm concerned, your repeating what your veterinarian
allegedly says is hearsay, since you can't prove it. What I've seen is
out there for anyone to see -- and find.

Give it up Diane.

The thread has gone circular back to a point made about Googling
*several* posts ago. Brandy wants someone else to do all the work for
her and doesn't see any point in finding out more about the onion issue
for her own edification.

The bottom line is that the point has been sufficiently made that
felines consuming onions is *not* a good idea.

Old December 15th 05, 07:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Brandy Alexandre" wrote in message

Who are you and all these others, and why should I take my cues from
anonymous strangers, who looked stuff up on the notoriously fallible
web, over a leaving, breathing, knowledgeable professional?

ROTFL! Yeah, like *your* vet who gave you astonishingly *bad* and
*erroneous* information about inhalation therapy for cats! You're a
monumental idiot.

Old December 15th 05, 07:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

5cats wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

Brandy Alexandre wrote:

You have yet to tell me where these sites are and provide any
quotations. I can only rely on information I can confirm, not on
your hearsay.

Try Google with "cats onions dvm", you'll find some articles right
away, written by DVMs, on why onions are bad for cats, like this
one -

http://www.vet.uga.edu/vpp/clerk/Tarigo/
"Even in small quantities, onion products place an added oxidative
stress that may be significant when being fed chronically or to an
anorectic cat (with endogenous increased oxidative stress). Onions
and onion products are not recommended for consumption by cats."

or this -

http://savannahbest.com/family/askthevet.htm
"Onion toxicity can be cumulative in that multiple ingestions of
small amounts can be as toxic as one large ingestion."

or -

http://www.peteducation.com/article....5&articleid=24
14 General Information
Garlic and onion are used as flavor enhancers in food. Since the
toxic amount is unknown, it is recommended not to add it to your
pet's food. Many human baby foods have onion in them, and it is
not recommended to feed them to pets. In dogs and cats, these
ingredients can cause Heinz body anemia, resulting in a breakdown
of the red blood cells and anemia. The bulbs, bulbets, flowers,
and stems of the garlic and onion are all poisonous.
Toxic Dose
Unknown. Cats appear to be more sensitive than dogs.

I was asking Diane to back up her own particular assertions. Now
you've destroy the opportunity to expose her.

That's not how it works, bimbo. You asked for documentation and you got it.
As usual, you've been proven *wrong*. Now shut the **** up and stop
perpetuating dangerous advice and go back to your crack pipe and cocaine
straw.

Old December 15th 05, 08:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Brandy Alexandre wrote:

You have yet to tell me where these sites are and provide any
quotations. I can only rely on information I can confirm, not on your
hearsay.

Tell ya what, Dingbat. Continue to feed Kami onions and when she dies
of Heinz body anemia, you will have your confirmation.

-L.
(Sheesh - are people *really* this dense?)

Old December 15th 05, 12:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Phil P. wrote:

"Brandy Alexandre" wrote in message

Who are you and all these others, and why should I take my cues from
anonymous strangers, who looked stuff up on the notoriously fallible
web, over a leaving, breathing, knowledgeable professional?

ROTFL! Yeah, like *your* vet who gave you astonishingly *bad* and
*erroneous* information about inhalation therapy for cats! You're a
monumental idiot.

Honestly you know, I just don't understand.

The cat we are talking about here, Kami, is already likely stressed
enough due to being a feline senior citizen and having CRF.

Now if that cat was mine, I would not want to add to that stress in any
manner, even if there was only a hint of a possibility of an issue.
There are enough warnings around about onions re felines that it should
raise a red flag in anyone's mind that there just might be an issue here
worth avoiding.

This issue and stress to Kami is completely *avoidable* , yet apparently
a conscious decision has been made to risk it anyway. It isn't rocket
science or brain surgery, it is a plain common sense issue which appears
to be lacking.
Old December 15th 05, 02:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Brandy**Alexandre wrote:

[...]

No, you can't wiggle out of this, you goofed. You stopped reading the
online refences when you found one that you thought supported your point
(it didn't, you got the math wrong and it was about dogs anyway). You
didn't go on to read any of the thousands of others that *anyone* could
find in 30 seconds. Written by DVMs too, not just amateurs parotting each
other.

Now, if "I've destroyed the opportunity to expose her" that must mean
that you are acknowledging that I have indeed provided suitable
references to demonstrate her(our) point and (my, oh my) you are
admitting that you were wrong! Thanks for that, maybe we can stop beating
this dead horse now.

And maybe you'll give Kammi a cat treat tonight instead of gravy.

Old December 16th 05, 12:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Brandy Alexandre" wrote in message

No, I wanted her to cite her source, then you provided sources.

What a sleazy manipulator! It doesn't matter *who* cites the sources- the
information is still the *same*.

Old December 16th 05, 03:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Brandy Alexandre wrote:

5cats wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

No, you can't wiggle out of this, you goofed. You stopped reading
the online refences when you found one that you thought supported
your point (it didn't, you got the math wrong and it was about
dogs anyway). You didn't go on to read any of the thousands of
others that *anyone* could find in 30 seconds. Written by DVMs
too, not just amateurs parotting each other.

Now, if "I've destroyed the opportunity to expose her" that must
mean that you are acknowledging that I have indeed provided
suitable references to demonstrate her(our) point and (my, oh my)
you are admitting that you were wrong! Thanks for that, maybe we
can stop beating this dead horse now.

And maybe you'll give Kammi a cat treat tonight instead of gravy.

No, I wanted her to cite her source,

It makes no difference *who* provided the source, unless you want to
make the issue personal rather than one of the welfare of the cats which
appears to be the case here.

up with hard evidence. It is a dead horse because EVERYONE stops
looking for something once they've found it. It doesn't make one or

Not with research on the Internet.

One needs to consider the following...

-Who is the author of the information?
-Does the author of the information have a hidden agenda?
-Credibility of the source of information.
-Does the information fall in line with what others say or does it go
out on a limb establishing new theory?
-What do others have to say about this new theory?

Below is one of many sites on how to evaluate credibility of Internet
information, most of which is common sense:

http://www.lib.purdue.edu/itd/techman/eval.html

The theory of stopping the research once an item has been found is your
own theory as shown by your dubious contributions to this thread.

the other srgument more valid since all points can be found in one form
or another. My interpretation was that a few infrequent laps of gravy

You are not qualified to make interpretations regarding feline health
issues.

that has onion in it is not harmful and my personal vet agrees. She
does know my cat, afterall, and I know her. The rest is academic (and
flame throwing for a select few).

One could argue the case that *you* are the troll, but we can let your
posts speak for themselves... which they do in volumes.
Old December 16th 05, 03:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Joe Canuck wrote:
Brandy Alexandre wrote:

One could argue the case that *you* are the troll, but we can let your
posts speak for themselves... which they do in volumes.

it's going to cum bleed or blister
or you'll go blind trying

Old December 16th 05, 05:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Joe Canuck wrote:

Brandy Alexandre wrote:

One could argue the case that *you* are the troll, but we can let
your posts speak for themselves... which they do in volumes.

it's going to cum bleed or blister
or you'll go blind trying

That's just gross. LOL!

According to your "SavvyCat" identity on another forum, you have a panic
disorder which explains a few things.

http://www.groupsforum.com/showthread.php?t=37547