advice about a cat health issue

Old September 6th 04, 06:55 PM
Andrew Brown

Default advice about a cat health issue

Hello

I would be pleased to receive some advice . I think the cats owner is
likely to go to have to go to see the vet. She has a loss of fur and
angry looking lesions/reddening around her anus. She isnt biting or
scratching at the area nor is she avoiding sitting. See
http://members.lycos.co.uk/waweldragon5/catrectum.jpg for a picture of
the problem.
It has arisen in recent weeks, she eats normally, drinks, has lost no
weight, is if anything a bit restless and out of sorts. Apparently
clingy with the owner. She is am approximately 6 year old spayed
female in otherwise good health historically

I am keen to help and so advice from experienced cat owners would be
appreciated and I can then pass on the advice.

Kind regards and thanks in advance

Andrew
Old September 6th 04, 07:02 PM
MacCandace

I am keen to help and so advice from experienced cat owners would be
appreciated and I can then pass on the advice.

It looks awful and must be painful. I would definitely take the cat to the vet
immediately before the condition becomes difficult to treat. I seriously doubt
if that is going to go away on its own. Please tell your friend to take their
cat right away. It may be an abscess that requires draining or who knows what.
Maybe the cat's anal sacs are infected. It looks terrible.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

"One does not meet oneself until one catches the reflection from an eye other
than human." (Loren Eisely)