Belated Troll-B-Q recipe

Old July 29th 05, 08:32 AM
Marina

Default Belated Troll-B-Q recipe

Since I was away when you had all the fun with your trolls here ;o), I
wanted to add this recipe that I've mentioned before (can't wait for the
next troll infestation). For a veggie like me, this makes a good meal in
itself, especially in hot weather, but I can imagine that it could go
well with BBQed meat.

Salad with chick peas, Feta cheese and tomatoes

175 grams dried chick peas
1 fresh green chili
1 small clove garlic
juice and rind of 1 lemon
100 ml olive oil
500 g ripe tomatoes
2 small red onions, thinly sliced
175-250 grams Feta cheese
8-10 leaves fresh basil
salt, black pepper

Soak and boil the chick peas (takes 10-12 + 1-2 hours!). Halve the
chili, take out the seeds, and chop it. Put in a jar with a lid. Add
chopped garlic, lemon juice and grated rind, olive oil, salt and freshly
ground pepper. Put on lid and shake vigorously. Let chick peas drain and
put in bowl. Pour dresing over warm chick peas and let sit til cool.

Put tomatoes in another bowl and cover with boiling water, peel and
dice. Add tomatoes, diced Feta cheese and onions to chick peas. Add
basil leaves whole or chopped. Toss carefully.

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old July 29th 05, 04:01 PM

MMM, sounds lovely - another one you might like:

Take some feta, cut into small pieces and put in a medium size (i.e.
jam) jar, add a handful of whatever fresh herbs you've got (chop or
process them first), some garlic, add some olive oil and repeat til jar
is full. Leave in the fridge for a week (that's the hard beat), and
then eat, yum yum.

Old July 30th 05, 04:04 AM
badwilson

Mmm, this sounds great. Going shopping today so I'll get the
ingredients and make it tonight or tomorrow!
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old July 31st 05, 10:42 PM
Susan M

That looks marvellous! I'm going to have to make this. Thanks!

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old August 2nd 05, 03:16 AM
badwilson

Ok, I finally made it yesterday and it was yummy! Dennis and I really
enjoyed it and we'll be making it again :-)

Old August 2nd 05, 03:27 AM
Marina

badwilson wrote:
Ok, I finally made it yesterday and it was yummy! Dennis and I really
enjoyed it and we'll be making it again :-)

Kewl! So glad you liked it!