OT - Gmail has spam recipes

Old December 10th 05, 01:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default OT - Gmail has spam recipes

I had a good laugh this morning when I went to delete my spam folder.
Seems they added a new thing and now you can click on a link at the
top, which takes you to http://www.recipesource.com where they have
selected a lovely recipe featuring spam! LOL! Every time you go to
your spam folder, you get a link to a different recipe. I got the
following 2. I wonder if someone who works for Google lurks on RPCA?
;-)

SPAM FAJITAS

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Main dish

Vegetable cooking spray
1 Green bell pepper, cut into
-julienne strips
1/2 Onion, cut into 1/4" slices
1 cn SPAM Luncheon Meat, cut into
-julienne strips (12 oz)
3/4 c CHI-CHI's Salsa
8 Flour tortillas, warmed (8")
2 c Shredded lettuce
1/2 c Shredded hot pepper Monterey
-Jack or Cheddar cheese
1/2 c Nonfat plain yogurt
Extra salsa, if desired

Spray large non-stick skillet with vegetable cooking spray. Heat
skillet over medium-high heat. Saute green pepper and onion 2
minutes. Add SPAM. Saute 2 minutes. Stir in salsa and heat
thoroughly. Spoon about 1/2 cup SPAM mixture into each flour
tortilla. Top each with 1/2 cup shredded lettuce, 1 tablespoon
shredded cheese, 1 tablespoon yogurt, and extra salsa, if desired.

SAVORY SPAM CRESCENTS

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 16 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Sandwiches

10 sl Bacon, cut in small pieces
1/4 c Finely chopped onion
1 cn SPAM Luncheon Meat, cubed
- 12 oz
1 Egg, beaten
3 tb Grated Parmesan cheese
2 tb Chopped fresh parsley
2 tb Dijon-style mustard
1/8 t Pepper
2 pk Refrigerated crescent roll
-dough (8 oz)

Heat oven to 375'F. In skillet, cook bacon and onion until bacon is
crisp; drain. Stir in remaining ingredients except crescent roll
dough. Separate each package of crescent dough into 8 triangles.
Spread top half of each triangle with SPAM mixture; roll up. Place
on
baking sheets. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Gmail anyone Cyper Hunter Cat anecdotes 2 November 24th 04 11:13 PM
Sharing Recipes Sherry Cat anecdotes 17 October 20th 04 05:27 AM
Trolls and Spam Mlle. Anaïs Cat community 8 October 18th 04 09:47 AM
Recipes: Cat variety Bill Stock Cat anecdotes 58 September 7th 04 05:46 AM