Sudden cat death

Old August 9th 07, 08:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh >o

Default Sudden cat death

On 9 Aug, 19:25, "saxrocco via CatKB.com" u36419@uwe wrote:
Hi Sheelagh
I have been on the cat sanctuary sites today and have seen fantastic cats. I
have emailed them and am waiting for a response as to there advice on homing
a cat which best suits us.
Please visit this site:http://www.mayflowersanctuary.com/CA...20REHOMING.HTM

aren't they all great?
The ones I really took a shine to and I tell you what the list is endless was
Charlie and Chester not to mention Butch and Sundance....I am going to see
what happens.

I am definently going to get a photo sorted of Donny for you all coz you will
all love him just like we do.

Bye for now
Clare x

Sheelagh o wrote:
Hi
I have been searching the net for answers and advice.

[quoted text clipped - 35 lines]
Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks

Deep condolences to both you & your husband for your shocking
unexpected loss.
I know it doesn't take your pain away, but rest assured that 99% of
everyone here, does understand exactly what you have been through &
feel for you too.

In time, you might get some of the answers that you seek, however,
some things can never be explained, & the best you can do, is to
accept that it was time to go to the Rainbow Bridge. They will take a
piece of your heart, & leave a bit of theirs that will always be in
the corner of yours. No cat will ever replace that, but one day, you
will find that you have so much love to spare, & when that time comes,
the right cat will choose you. I promise that, from experience.
I hope that your shock & pain eases with time & TLC.

And, know for sure that Donny wouldn't want you to mourn overly. He
will watch over you, & rejoice on the day that you find it in your
hearts to be able to move on & offer a home to another feline family
member, eventually. Please dont beat yourself up overly. Life is like
that- & sometimes it just doesn't feel fair. You loved him, & that was
what mattered to him.
Sheelagh "o"

I'm delighted to hear that you found some that look likely possible
candidates. Let me know how you get on, won't you? I think that all of
them are wonderful & I am daft enough to want @ least half a dozen of
them, Lol;o)

Make sure that you take your time, look around & be firm about your
decision, with the assistance of the staff @ that shelter. I'm certain
that if you fully intend to have a pair of cats from them, as long as
they know that you are committed, I'm sure that they will hang on the
cats for you until you return from your pending holiday.

I am absolutely delighted to hear that your getting somewhere. Believe
me when I tell you that you are doing both shelter & cats a great
favour. You are offering cats a permanent home for the rest of their
natural lives. That is no small thing! Well done, I feel happy for you
all. Keep us posted about visiting them & with what the shelter advise
you too, won't you?
Look forward to reading it all,
Sheelagh "o"

Old August 9th 07, 08:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"saxrocco via CatKB.com" u36419@uwe wrote in message
http://advenet.com/photos/saxrocco/picture667.aspx

Donny and Rover...aren't they lovely?
Have put some more pics on here if you have chance to look?

They are just beautiful, Claire.

Old August 9th 07, 08:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
saxrocco via CatKB.com

Thanks Cybercat...How can us cat lovers not think that they are adorable.
Hope you too have visited my other pictures and the sanctuary to where I will
soon home 1 or 2 cats.

I am so pleased that I could share my pictures with you.
Clare x

Old August 9th 07, 08:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
saxrocco via CatKB.com

yes I will keep you posted.
:-)

Clare x

Sheelagh o wrote:
Hi Sheelagh
I have been on the cat sanctuary sites today and have seen fantastic cats. I

[quoted text clipped - 46 lines]

Old August 10th 07, 04:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mariib via CatKB.com

saxrocco wrote:
does this work from this website (fingers crossed)

http://advenet.com/photos/saxrocco/picture660.aspx

Please tell me you can all see my darling boy DONNY.....will post this and
test it and then if it works I will link Molly and Rover for you all :-)

I am good on computers when I use my mind....LOL
Clare x

Beautiful pictures of your cats. I'm glad to finally see them because Donny's
story was very sad. It will be good to bring home a new companion(s) for
Rover who I'm sure is missing his friend. Years ago, we had a beloved 16 yr
old tortoiseshell cat killed very unexpectedly right in front of our 2
younger boys & none of us could stop it or save her & we were all completely
stunned (& angry) at what had happened. Her name was Whiskey & her heart most
probably gave out from shock. She was my first cat & though I've had other
well-loved cats since, I've never forgotten her.
M.

Old August 10th 07, 06:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Meghan Noecker

On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 18:25:23 GMT, "saxrocco via CatKB.com"
u36419@uwe wrote:

Hi Sheelagh
I have been on the cat sanctuary sites today and have seen fantastic cats. I
have emailed them and am waiting for a response as to there advice on homing
a cat which best suits us.
Please visit this site:
http://www.mayflowersanctuary.com/CA...20REHOMING.HTM

It works great. He was a very beautiful cat, and he looks like he was
pretty good size. It's too bad that they can have unknown problems
like that, but they are working to eliminate the problems that can be
passed genetically. I know a lot of breeders in the Maine Coon and
Ragdoll breeds are getting their cats tested so that they don't pass
it along.

Old August 10th 07, 05:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh via CatKB.com

mariib wrote:
does this work from this website (fingers crossed)

[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
I am good on computers when I use my mind....LOL
Clare x

Beautiful pictures of your cats. I'm glad to finally see them because Donny's
story was very sad. It will be good to bring home a new companion(s) for
Rover who I'm sure is missing his friend. Years ago, we had a beloved 16 yr
old tortoiseshell cat killed very unexpectedly right in front of our 2
younger boys & none of us could stop it or save her & we were all completely
stunned (& angry) at what had happened. Her name was Whiskey & her heart most
probably gave out from shock. She was my first cat & though I've had other
well-loved cats since, I've never forgotten her.
M.

I agree Marri, you never meet a cat that measures up to your first cat.
However, I'm not sure about you but I find that I love them just as much, but
for different reasons. I can remember waiting for my second child to be born
the following day & looking @ Katie, & thinking "How can I possibly love this
baby as much as I love you"? ... but you do!!

I'm delighted that Clare is considering a couple of cats. They will keep one
another company. If you introduce them slowly Clare, make sure that you get
yourself a diffuser of Feliway, & a spray or two. Buy a wash mitten, then
stroke all of the cats with it, thus transferring each others scent onto one
another. It does work & will help bring barriers down between them. The
operative word, is "slowly" though.

I have never actually used Feliway, so when a lady who had a couple of
kittens from me said, that one of the kittens was tinkling on the bed"only"..
I crossed my fingers & gave her the advice that I have just recommended to
you- within 3 days, the older cat was pinning both kittens down & washing
each of them, & treating them like they were her own kittens. You have no
idea how relieved I felt, Lol.. )
Sheelagh"o"

--
S;o)

Old August 11th 07, 04:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-L.

saxrocco via CatKB.com wrote:
Hi L
I am going to have to get a picture sorted for you all so you can see him
(Donny).
No he wasn't sedated - he let them groom him and was not viscious or anything
but when they had finished and were about to finish him (trim his legs) he
fretted. They gave him some medicalm (is it called?) and he went floppy. he
died in my husbands arms - we could not believe it.
But yes we agree he must have had an undiagnosed heart condition.
Can't believe it is almost a week :-(
No the lady that groomed him had never had a cat code on her!

Thanks for your response.
Clare x

Sounds like a possible reaction to the meds.
Long shot: Had they bathed him? If so, find out if they used a table
dryer or cage dryer on him (instead of a hand-held dryer). If so, I
will bet that he had heat stroke.

As a groomer you don't normally bathe a cat until after the fur is
cut, so I doubt they did, but you never know...

-L.

Old August 11th 07, 11:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
saxrocco via CatKB.com

They bathed him after they had groomed him, they had not even dried him!
Yeah they were going to trim his legs and then put him in the cage dryer
except he did not make it that far. I am so sad to have lost him as I chose
him as a kitten - he was the cutest little thing ever and grew to be even
cuter.
I will always love him and will treasure the time I had with him.
I thank you all for your advice.
Clare x

-L. wrote:
Hi L
I am going to have to get a picture sorted for you all so you can see him

[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]

Old August 11th 07, 12:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
saxrocco via CatKB.com

Got some news for you all we are going to a cat rescue home tomorrow - the
one that I posted on here. They have got 60 cats so I am going to have a
real good look, the only one from the web that has gone is Smokie.
I am tempted to get 3, but will settle for 2.
The lady who my husband spoke to said she would keep them until after our
short break which is great.
They do a home visit as you will all probably know. That is good they will
see how much we care. Cats have run of the house don't they.
Donny will never be forgotten, I bought some fresh flowers for his grave
yesterday and I cried again coz he should never have been taken away from us.
At the same time I am pleased to be able to rescue some more cats and give
them a good life.
Going to the football now - the new season has started Doncaster Rovers v
Millwall (hence Donny and Rover).
Thanks for your advice and I will let you know how we get on tomorrow :-)

Take care
Clare x

sheelagh wrote:
does this work from this website (fingers crossed)

[quoted text clipped - 11 lines]