Cats and deer

Old May 24th 08, 07:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default Cats and deer

Wandering around Youtube I stumbled on a lot of videos with cats
confronting deer. Some of them were like 'Whoa! Huge mousie!', others
tried to make friends, but this must be the most bizarre one. I don't
know what the other cats are doing there, maybe waiting for their spa
treatment?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPxrN...eature=related

Old May 24th 08, 09:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat

"Marina" wrote in message
Wandering around Youtube I stumbled on a lot of videos with cats
confronting deer. Some of them were like 'Whoa! Huge mousie!', others
tried to make friends, but this must be the most bizarre one. I don't know
what the other cats are doing there, maybe waiting for their spa
treatment?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPxrN...eature=related

That is hilariously odd! Considering The Mighty Huntress has attempted to
sink fangs into the jugular of any deer that occasionally wander into the
garden, I can't see her being a cat pleased to be washed by a deer. Francis,
on the other hand, is just a tart when it comes to having a fuss made of
him. He'd just roll over, bare his tummy and say "Oh yeah, baby!" Marble
would run off terrified as he's such a wimp.

Old May 24th 08, 07:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

Marina wrote:
Wandering around Youtube I stumbled on a lot of videos with cats
confronting deer. Some of them were like 'Whoa! Huge mousie!', others
tried to make friends, but this must be the most bizarre one. I don't
know what the other cats are doing there, maybe waiting for their spa
treatment?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPxrN...eature=related

Loved it!

Then saw this one - no other animals but a very funny cat -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOLG9YhJwzE

Susan M
Otis and Chester
Old May 24th 08, 09:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Marina wrote:
Wandering around Youtube I stumbled on a lot of videos with cats
confronting deer. Some of them were like 'Whoa! Huge mousie!', others
tried to make friends, but this must be the most bizarre one. I don't
know what the other cats are doing there, maybe waiting for their spa
treatment?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPxrN...eature=related

I WISH I could see some of the videos you guys post! I have dial up
service (can't afford anything else), so when I try to view these, all I
get are a long pause for loading, followed by about five seconds of
video followed by another long pause followed by.... Not only does that
make any spoken words incomprehensible, but the video doesn't really
progress much, either. Any suggestions?
Old May 25th 08, 12:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Marina" wrote in message
Wandering around Youtube I stumbled on a lot of videos with cats
confronting deer. Some of them were like 'Whoa! Huge mousie!', others
tried to make friends, but this must be the most bizarre one. I don't know
what the other cats are doing there, maybe waiting for their spa
treatment?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPxrN...eature=related

Absolutely amazing. They are unpredictable!

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old May 25th 08, 04:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

wafflycat wrote:
That is hilariously odd! Considering The Mighty Huntress has attempted
to sink fangs into the jugular of any deer that occasionally wander into
the garden, I can't see her being a cat pleased to be washed by a deer.
Francis, on the other hand, is just a tart when it comes to having a
fuss made of him. He'd just roll over, bare his tummy and say "Oh yeah,
baby!" Marble would run off terrified as he's such a wimp.

Waffles is like Nikki in that respect. She had such a warped sense of
herself. She firmly believed she was the size of a lion and not an
exceptionally small cat. :P

Old May 25th 08, 04:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Susan M wrote:

Loved it!

Hey, Susan, how are you doing?

Then saw this one - no other animals but a very funny cat -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOLG9YhJwzE

It was funny but I hope they put the cat on a diet. It was surprisingly
agile, though, for such a fat cat.

Old May 25th 08, 05:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

Marina wrote:
Susan M wrote:

Loved it!

Hey, Susan, how are you doing?

Hi there! Thanks - we're doing okay here. Made it through surgery #2
ok and am now 2 weeks post op. 2 more weeks until I can lift the baby -
though I think I'll do it only when necessary for a little while after
that. Starting to get out moving more now and enjoying the fresh air
and exercise! How is your hand?

Then saw this one - no other animals but a very funny cat -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOLG9YhJwzE

It was funny but I hope they put the cat on a diet. It was surprisingly
agile, though, for such a fat cat.

I am relieved to say that that cat is much fatter than Chester, who is
slimming down nicely with the arrival of spring ;-) Otis remains a lean
mean fighting machine.

Susan M
Otis and Chester
Old May 25th 08, 05:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Susan M wrote:
Hi there! Thanks - we're doing okay here. Made it through surgery #2
ok and am now 2 weeks post op. 2 more weeks until I can lift the baby -
though I think I'll do it only when necessary for a little while after
that. Starting to get out moving more now and enjoying the fresh air
and exercise! How is your hand?

Glad you are recovering well. My hand is fine by now, though the scars
are still pretty prominent. There's just a little twinge now and then,
and if Caliban steps on a scar when he is rummaging about for a good
sleeping position on my arm/chest, it hurts a bit. But that's only to be
expected.

Old May 25th 08, 09:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) kirjoitti:

I WISH I could see some of the videos you guys post! I have dial up
service (can't afford anything else), so when I try to view these, all I
get are a long pause for loading, followed by about five seconds of
video followed by another long pause followed by.... Not only does that
make any spoken words incomprehensible, but the video doesn't really
progress much, either. Any suggestions?

It might work if you pause the video as soon as the page loads, allow it
to buffer (the red line flows to the right, which may happen slowly on a
dial up service), and when fully buffered, press play.

--
Christine in Laitila, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com

Deer Maggy May Will in New Haven Cat community 5 March 23rd 08 10:48 PM
Deer Kitties CleoKatra Cat anecdotes 4 September 14th 06 04:44 PM
Deer Ms Violette... Mary Lu Cat community 1 September 26th 04 07:38 AM
Santa's Deer Bev Cat anecdotes 2 December 8th 03 09:46 PM