Women and cats

Old March 17th 04, 08:31 AM
david

In article , Bob Cain
wrote:

Muhammad's wisdom was in evidence in making regularaly
scheduled daily prayer one of the pillars of Islam. If he
only had spent a bit more time considering the falibility
and social evolution of man and a bit less on the perfection
of Al Lah and himself as the messenger he might have had the
wisdom to establish something after himself on a more
practical level that could have avoided the splits and
bloodshed that soon fouled it and persist to this day.

Bob

First of all, you are assuming what you read today as his words are
accurate. A preeeetty big assumption from my pov.

Second, he was speaking to those of his day. He coulda given two ****s
about people who've yet existed. And as far as building a better sand
castle for "something after himself", I would think that he'd also not
have given two ****s about that either.

David Correia
Celebration Sound
Warren, Rhode Island

www.CelebrationSound.com

Old March 17th 04, 09:26 AM
Bob Cain

david wrote:

Muhammad's wisdom was in evidence in making regularaly
scheduled daily prayer one of the pillars of Islam. If he
only had spent a bit more time considering the falibility
and social evolution of man and a bit less on the perfection
of Al Lah and himself as the messenger he might have had the
wisdom to establish something after himself on a more
practical level that could have avoided the splits and
bloodshed that soon fouled it and persist to this day.

First of all, you are assuming what you read today as his words are
accurate. A preeeetty big assumption from my pov.

True enough and the history of the Quaran is certainly open
to debate. I've read some interesting points of view that
claim it to be no better authenticated or replicated than
the Christian writings and coopted for later goals just as
ruthlessly. Not, unfortunately, from Islamic scholars.

Second, he was speaking to those of his day. He coulda given two ****s
about people who've yet existed. And as far as building a better sand
castle for "something after himself", I would think that he'd also not
have given two ****s about that either.

That was sorta my point. How could a guy that thought he
was so plugged in have failed to look ahead in such
important ways. That just doesn't compute.

Contrary to your second statement, are you suggesting in the
first one that perhaps he did and it didn't make it through
the ensuing fight for succession? That's all together possible.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein

Old March 17th 04, 12:23 PM
Tommy B

I always say: "There's a universal DOG and we all have a little piece. Then
again I'm dyslexic."

Tom

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
Whom or what do you consider the higher power?

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Tommy B" wrote in message
hlink.net...
OK, time for TorahUpdate 2004. Download it now!
Wouldn't it be great if everyone had full time connection to his/her

higher
power so there wouldn't be any need for Religion. When Jesus said "Be

Like
Me" &" "The Kingdom of God is here at hand", I think that's what he

ment.
If
one comes from Love, one always does "the right thing"
Tom

"West Wing Audio" wrote in message
Norma wrote:

2. The astute reader will have already gleaned from YS's postings

that
he/she places great importance on Toraic Law - insofar as he/she
understands it - as it relates not just to cats and animals in

general
but all of life. Toraic Law dictates that women are to be

avoided,
indeed shunned, during their cycles as they are "unclean" by the
author's of the aforementioned Law.

Hey! Listen, you, as the non-astute writer, are totally wrong about

this.
So who is doing what? Norma

It's really quite simple. You asked, I replied. If you're not

prepared
for answers that may run contrary to your belief or opinion, you'll
likely find a better use for your time in some other pursuit.

Good day.

Old March 17th 04, 07:08 PM
ys

"Tommy B" wrote in message
hlink.net...
The Creator is within and without.

What does this mean? How does it actually translate into everyday living?

If one has a conscious contact with the Creator, then is not everything

one
does inspired by that connection?

What is consciousness?

Maintaining it, is the hard part.

So said the iMac repairman.

YS

"ys" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Tommy B" wrote in message
hlink.net...

one comes from Love, one always does "the right thing"

The right thing is what the Creator wants. Not what man or woman wants.

Not
what makes you necessarily feel good, but what is commanded of us. It is
Right because Hashem wants it to be done. Technically, Love is all

inclusive
of 10 different light energies which stream from the Creator. How to

receive
it, maintain it and generate it - is precisely what the Torah is here to
teach us. Torah is the blueprint for all of creation and the manuscript

for
life for all humanity. It teaches us to distinguish between right and

wrong
and how to live according to the laws set out for us by the Creator. 613

for
the Jews, 7 spiritual laws for non-Jews. One can't guess at what love is

and
certainly the brand of *love* exhibited by idol worshippers in the name

of
*brotherhood*, *peace* and *love* are blasphemous to the Creator. So?

Live
and learn. Sooner or later the world will *get it*. You can't go against

the
Creator for this is going against nature which spells only death, loving
Hashem's laws is choosing life.

"I set before you this day a blessing and a curse." Deuteronomy 11.26

YS

Norma wrote:

[...]

---

---

Old March 17th 04, 07:08 PM
ys

"Tommy B" wrote in message
hlink.net...
The Creator is within and without.

What does this mean? How does it actually translate into everyday living?

If one has a conscious contact with the Creator, then is not everything

one
does inspired by that connection?

What is consciousness?

Maintaining it, is the hard part.

So said the iMac repairman.

YS

"ys" wrote in message
hlink.net...

hlink.net...

Old March 17th 04, 11:37 PM
MaxTransUnit

ys wrote:

"Tommy B" wrote in message
hlink.net...

one comes from Love, one always does "the right thing"

The right thing is what the Creator wants. Not what man or woman wants. Not
what makes you necessarily feel good, but what is commanded of us.

The problem being that there is disagreement - often violent
disagreement - about "what the Creator wants." And whose version of the
Creator is to hold sway?

Witness the myriad splinter sects within every major world religion.
Which one follows the "true" Creator? And within that subset, which one
has the "true" understanding of what the Creator wants?