Women and cats

Old April 14th 04, 07:54 AM
Gee

"Sheena Weston" wrote in message
Why is it that cats generally make better pets for women, where
dogs usually make better pets for men? Of course, there are
always exceptions.

--
Sheena

I wonder who gave you that idea? I love them both equally. In fact, I was
told women prefer dogs because of their loyalty and unconditional love(so
generally what they don;t get from men) while men prefer cats and their
indipendence and aloofness (generally what they don;t get from women).

But let;s see if the logic can be found in your question:

Women work harder and have busy lives what will the day job, kids, house
chores, cooking, cleaning, ironing etc. We need rest. Cats don;t need much
looking after. They are easy to look after, unlike children,dogs and male
partners.

Dogs need much more attention, so since men mostly don;t do half of the
things women do,and have much more energy left at the end of the day, they
have more time/energy to dedicate to a dog. Plus men like physical
acitivities more, such as running around after a ball and playing games so
are ideal dog owners.

Just my 2 cents.
Gee

Old April 14th 04, 08:36 PM
L David Matheny

"Gee" wrote in message news:8d5fc.11$GW5.0@newsfe1-win...

"Sheena Weston" wrote in message
Why is it that cats generally make better pets for women,
where dogs usually make better pets for men? Of course,
there are always exceptions.

I wonder who gave you that idea? I love them both equally. In
fact, I was told women prefer dogs because of their loyalty and
unconditional love (so generally what they don't get from men)
while men prefer cats and their independence and aloofness
(generally what they don't get from women).

snip

Huh?? I've always thought that men understand dogs precisely
because they tend to share traits such as loyalty and unconditional
love, while women can identify more with cats because they share
aloofness and fickleness (which they prefer to call independence).

Old April 14th 04, 09:27 PM
Cat Protector

If that were true then why are there so many women that have dogs? Most of
the ones I meet have dogs or prefer them over cats.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

Old April 15th 04, 11:36 AM
Tom Thornton

Cats are very beautiful and very affectionate. And statistically more
people in the US have cats than dogs. I have never understood the bad
rap the kitty gets among some animal advocates.
Old April 15th 04, 11:36 AM
Tom Thornton

Old April 15th 04, 04:31 PM
Gee

"Tom Thornton" wrote in message
om...
Cats are very beautiful and very affectionate.

Absolutely. There are very few creatures as beautiful as cats are. As for
"affectionate" oh they can be, some more then the others. The key word is:
WHEN THEY WANT TO If the cat doesn;t want affection, you can buy it a
diamond colar, and it will still ignore you. I got 5 cats, I can vouch for
that My Tiara generaly want her scratch while I'm generaly typing some
important letter on my computer, so she just lies down on the keyboard and
rubs her head against my hand. However, if I'm about to lie down and watch
some TV and I pick her up and try and cuddle with her and scratch her, she
just looks at me like: "as if" Dogs on the other hand will generally be
only to happy to give you attention 24/7.

And statistically more people in the US have cats than dogs.

Well I suppose the reason for that is more of the fact that cats are easier
to look after then dogs, rather then love or anything. I would love to have
a dog. But with the work commitments and my lifestyle, I can;t have one
right now, so cats fit me perfectly. Not that I love them any less, I jsut
desperately want a dog as well.

I have never understood the bad rap the kitty gets among some animal

advocates.

Yeah it;s stupid really. People who talk against cats is becuase they don;t
really know anything about them and have probably never lived with one, or
have come from a family/country where the belief was that cats are
evil/nasty/mean... I rememeber when I got my first cat, my Nigerian friend
came over and totally freaked out. Eventually he admited that Nigerians
traditionally are scared of cats, as brought up with one of those silly
beliefs. He soon learned from me and my cat that cats are not that bad! In
contrary. In fact, I am proud to say that he wasn;t the only person whose
opinions my cats changed for them.

So just like with anything really, unless you know about it, I say, dont;
talk about it! (that's a message to this "animal advocates", not you Tom

Gee